Data deluxe- mother of all data downloaders suggestions required

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaly422000

Anything which is on terminal which is available thru RTD - link to excel will be supported.
Anything which is available on yahoo, google for RT or backfill will be supported.
Backfill from terminal may need manual actions.
for backfill of cash and fno and comodity , have to maintain a server right?

mrkanitkar

for backfill of cash and fno and comodity , have to maintain a server right?
No server as it's downloader, it will download from available free sources.

Have u started developing your software or it is still on requirement gathering phase?
Requirment gathering is almost done, working on mockup and validating certain requirments. I am seasoned IT pro for last 17 yrs, but not hardcore dev, I have team of hardcore seasoned pros who will work on coding etc. It will be Commerical grade, professional product. I want to know if we have any wishlist or need anything more related to data.

I am evaluating to develop free utility for data download. I have used many utilities by now. I still feel few things are missing. Can you guys please provide your wishlist?
I am working on following idea.
1. Single click data download[/COLOR] and update chart database as well. This will update data of Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, MT4, Ninja
2. Download EOD, IEOD, Fundamental data.
3. Download Futures, Options, data
4. Symbols can be added/ removed in one file. It can be similar to Amiquote.
5. Support for RT data from RTD - NOW,NEST,Zerodhatrade, Sharekhan, PIB
6. Support for RT data from google, yahoo
7. bulk deal download
8. data for all world indices, any symbol supported by google, yahoo.
9. Bhavcopy support for BSE,NSE,MCX
10. data download can be scheduled at automated task for every day.
11. will provide historical adjusted data till utility launch date, for following
a. BSE (From 1984, Sensex from 1979 with volumes)
b. NSE (From its inception in 1994)
c. 40+ World Market Indices starting from 1980/1990
d. NSE IEOD cash, Futures 5 min from 2008, Nifty cash IEOD- from 2007.
Does this makes sense?
I suggest to you go in steps and slow..

first do it on EOD for equity and futures for major charting tools like ami/ms

the after stabilization you can improve for live streaming...

as some one said, people ready to pay for clutter free and great utility.

Thanks.

Last edited:

sr114

only one thing I am concerned with that is back fill of data
Bewinner

this is the following conditions.
1. for nse equity - u can backfill - 1 min and 1 day - yahoo data
1 min and max 10 days - google data

2. for nse fno - there are lot of forum members who regulrly upload the fno backfill data of nf and bnf of 1 min tf along with some stock futures.

3. the main problem arises - is in the case of commodities - no 1 put the past data. another alternative - is taking past data in 1 min tf from nest plus. or u have to keep Trade Tiger from Sharekhan for that data.

the data from Nest Plus - is shitty as it contains lot of zeros . u have to manually rectify it. so if some dedicated server is not maintained for the commodity and fno data (like the manshi, shareguru - low cost vendor or GDFL), it will not be very good proposition to build such a application.

regards
sr

Last edited:

mrkanitkar

Bewinner
the data from Nest Plus - is shitty as it contains lot of zeros . u have to manually rectify it. so if some dedicated server is not maintained for the commodity and fno data (like the manshi, sharegure - low cost vendor or GDFL), it will not be very good proposition to build such a application.
regards
sr
I agree with Sr, I had discussion with NEST team, they fixed bugs for data recently. If your terminal (source) is giving you bad ticks, data downloaders will not help.
One can not maintain distribute or host data unless you are licensed data vendor. As Individual one may keep private server to source data but as professional one can not distribute data without license. The legal issue is big one.
For eod data we have getbhavcopy, Joy's utility, Josh's and many more but none of them get you all features as these utils were made by individuals based on individual need. I have great respect for all who build all such utils in past. Over period of time, you need one stop solution.

The idea behind utility to download all EOD, IEOD, Fundamental (for India once supported by yahoo/google),RT (web download and few popular terminals) in one click. The value is consolidating all features and automating complete download and updating data work.

Today eod data vendors charge from 2500 to 15 K per year just for adjusted eod data and not IEOD data. This utility will help the trader/ investor to save time to download data using multiple utilities and relax.
It will increase productivity.

kaly422000

I agree with Sr, I had discussion with NEST team, they fixed bugs for data recently. If your terminal (source) is giving you bad ticks, data downloaders will not help.
One can not maintain distribute or host data unless you are licensed data vendor. As Individual one may keep private server to source data but as professional one can not distribute data without license. The legal issue is big one.
For eod data we have getbhavcopy, Joy's utility, Josh's and many more but none of them get you all features as these utils were made by individuals based on individual need. I have great respect for all who build all such utils in past. Over period of time, you need one stop solution.

The idea behind utility to download all EOD, IEOD, Fundamental (for India once supported by yahoo/google),RT (web download and few popular terminals) in one click. The value is consolidating all features and automating complete download and updating data work.

Today eod data vendors charge from 2500 to 15 K per year just for adjusted eod data and not IEOD data. This utility will help the trader/ investor to save time to download data using multiple utilities and relax.
It will increase productivity.
backfill data can be stored in server from any terminal and can be programmed to deliver if any subscriber go for backfill. pls ignore my knowledge. i dont have that idea so much. i am talking about realtime data backfill of cash,future and comodity

sorry i just over look ur post ,any way then the cost factor of liscence , that is the big issue?

Last edited:

sr114

backfill data can be stored in server from any terminal and can be programmed to deliver if any subscriber go for backfill. pls ignore my knowledge. i dont have that idea so much. i am talking about realtime data backfill of cash,future and comodity

sorry i just over look ur post ,any way then the cost factor of liscence , that is the big issue?
Kaly

real time backfill of fno and commodity is no big issue if the trading terminal supports and the data are pure.

in fact, NOW,NEST,DIET ODIN, TradeTiger (ShareKhan) every one supports minimum 1 min tf data and u can do the backfill from there. if u know macro/vba then it is semi automated otherwise its purely manual but u will get the real time backfill data

sr

Status
Not open for further replies.