Custom software for Indian Stock Markets

SoftPro said:
Hello every body... Made a thing that will download the Bhavcopy for NSE for a day and convert it into xml.Will be it of any use???I am attaching the file.You can see this attachment by simply unzipping the file.Then you will get a xml file.Just open it with internet explorer and see the result.Please send comments so that can proceed further....:) :) :)
Dear Softpro.
If u are developing anything for real time and want any clues do contact me. I like to share things which woulkd be helpful to everyone.
As u are planning to give it free to the members i may be helpful so that the traders atleast can save on the rt data cost there is a solution . I do it daily. I have nse & bse rt tick data but it is the code format which i & my friend did it we dont know any packing of these swares in a gui form.
Earlier some 2 years back i offered bse's raw dbf file through traderji. Someone contacted me and today there is group there out having 2000members who take eod data but things are changing there and today i am not in the moderators team. I belive to give it free and some dont want it after 2000 members.
So Please dont misunstand me if u are really willing to give it free i can give what ever i have.

sanjayt said:
Dear Softpro.
If u are developing anything for real time and want any clues do contact me. I like to share things which woulkd be helpful to everyone.
As u are planning to give it free to the members i may be helpful so that the traders atleast can save on the rt data cost there is a solution . I do it daily. I have nse & bse rt tick data but it is the code format which i & my friend did it we dont know any packing of these swares in a gui form.
Earlier some 2 years back i offered bse's raw dbf file through traderji. Someone contacted me and today there is group there out having 2000members who take eod data but things are changing there and today i am not in the moderators team. I belive to give it free and some dont want it after 2000 members.
So Please dont misunstand me if u are really willing to give it free i can give what ever i have.
Sanjay,

share your info here. we will definitely make it free, you can see lot of free tools available here. I too contributed the DataExtractor here.

Satya

Sorry for late reply.....

It is for all your info that I do have links where I get real time data for free for both nse and bse....I also know how to present it in gui form...But I am just developing it and hence need a little bit of more time as this is just my interest.
Sending you the creen shot of the xml attached with the post....Is it useful???This gives also the changed values or % change.....
Just give feedback which is very valuable to me.......

Thank You....

Hi Sanjay,
From various sources---I know the reason of ur grievence----and also agree with the reason of ur grievence---regarding a particular group--who r actually doing nothing but fetching the data from yahoo finance and transfering it to Amibroker ----and for providing this data --- they r charging professional fees-----When yahoo gives the data free---I do not find it ethical of using it as a data source and earning regular money---per month---They could actually have taken a small fee for their effort and released it
for use---
I think if u r ready to share ur codes/works--(at least with the coders here(Satya,Pankaj,me--joy_mitali,softpro,etc)----we all can make a better sw than that grp---
I have myself made certain significant developments in a bit different perspective--
Regards,
joy_mitali

Hi all,
I m postingthe developments which I have made---Sggestions will be welcome---
Regards,
joy_mitali
The problem is---it 392kb---zipped---i m sorry ----i m unable to upload it---Lets see
Regards,
joy_mitali

Can any one suggest me about the user interface look and feels for a stock trading software??? The data extractor is ready and now I want to work on the interface and looks of the software....Any idea how portfolio management software looks like??? Suggestions will be of great usee.....

Thanx.......

Hi SoftPro,
The basic things one needs to see while the markets are on are
1. Current price
2. Min & Max Price (intra day)
3. Volume
4. Intraday chart (once the data is pulled into excel, the chart can be populated in realtime)
5. 52week high/52 week low OR one month high/low (optional)

There are many ways to represent this data... In my opinion, I think if we can list all those stocks we want to monitor inside a drop down combo-box and then when a particular stock is selected, the above details should come up in that page with the intra day chart.

We may need one sheet (sheet1) which will just contain the stocknames we need to track (as quiet a few ppl visiting this forum may not be excel experts who may know where the validation option is and how to modify it here.) Another sheet(sheet 2) sould contain all the real time stock quote (intraday) information for the tracked stocks alone. Let the detailed data not be hidden. This data can then be used in another sheet(sheet 3) using the sheet reference option in excel to give intraday charts. Here again... to prevent cluttering of charts in the page. We can give the drop-down combo box based on the entry made in sheet 1 where the user selects one particular quote whose details he/she wants to see. On selection, the page can throw something similar to that of Yahoo's or as in economictimes.indiatimes.com. where you have the intraday chart along with all other information for that selected quote.

Regards,
JK

Dear Softpro,

If you develop a software, which can download daily stock data from nse & bse exchange and convert it directly into metastock formate ( like a software available on www.islindia.com website), then it is a great help to a small inverstor like me.

Thx,

(moneypick)

pkjha30

joy_mitali said:
Hi all,
I m postingthe developments which I have made---Sggestions will be welcome---
Regards,
joy_mitali
The problem is---it 392kb---zipped---i m sorry ----i m unable to upload it---Lets see
Regards,
joy_mitali

Hi joy
I didn't see this post eralier. Send me the zipped file and I will upload it to my briefcase with a link to the file posted here.

Regards
Pankaj:)