Could Corona Virus lead to a never before crash?

Going to post an interesting analogy, from layman's eyes.

Why India is going to be affected by corona virus ( Just an analogy).

Things that are going to be against India:

Low Testing Rates: India has lowest testing rates in the world. Maharashtra and Kerala followed by Rajasthan are the only places where we have seen significant rise in testing ( but still not enough to have a true picture)

Population: Given the population size and the poverty levels in India, lack of awareness and ( already seen religious factors on TV) it can spread at a unprecedented rate. Also we need to think about densely populated area's like Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata and all other major cities which are over crowded where people don't have place to stand and lets face the truth ( no proper place to defecate) and other health and hygiene issues like lack of water, soap etc to clean and maintain social distancing etc.

Poor Medical Infrastructure: Although medical staff is doing its best and India has one of the best advancement in pharma sector and many companies are coming up with new low cost ventilator's, vaccine promises ( in few months to 1 year). We lack the infrastructure to treat patients as per our population size.

Corruption and support from government: Although a relief package was announced and Govt of India has come up with a package but given the population size, the package might not be sufficient.
The worst part is the greed and corruption present. Few days back saw reports on TV that ration is not being given to poor and being sold somewhere else for a higher price. Even when we go out to buy basic commodities such as groceries, fruit and vegetables, prices have increased 10 folds.

We got a govt poster explaining that Potatoes are 30 rupees kg, Onions 30 per kg etc but unfortunately nothing was available at those rates. The only rate that it was available was fixed 100/- per kg to 250 per kg for basic fruit such as banana ( this might be different as per your area) I am only giving insight of my area.

Now lets compare these prices for a middle man or a poor man. For us we are able to buy it now and maybe we can afford to buy it for more longer period of time

Coming to the poor maybe some of them got govt support, some of them still waiting or don't have Jandhan accounts ( which most of them closed) he goes to market tries to buy stuff for his massive family of 10 children :( ( Now I am not blaming govt, they did a good job, just thinking what he will be able to buy).

Also as per report I studied online out of every one rupee only few paisa reaches the needy. What is the Guarantee that it will reach full this time. This part is really sad to think about.

GODMAN: I saw a post on this thread from someone about god man coming to help of the common man, sadly the god man is sitting on a pile of money, not coming to help the very people who gave them. Small announcements may have come but yet to see a significant move from all god man ( regardless of religion). I am thinking what would be the economy of entire god mans combined in India. Someone mentioned they are sitting on Pile of Gold, few trillion rupees? Bigger then size of India's economy? Who knows the truth?
Whatever it might be, It would be wonderful to see money coming out in the same way believer's gave them ( hindi mein bole to dil khol ke)

This is a layman's view ( If I missed anything please feel free to add )

Now let's consider Things, in Favor of India:

Low Death rate: Despite the lowest test number's we have a very low death rate so far, (Fingers crossed.)
Wait what does it tell us, something is wrong here and the whole story does not match.

I agree that we have lowest Test numbers, but then we should have a higher death rate? How can anyone stop the fatality rate? This prompted me to do some R&D and I took data from various sources, like WHO, etc and Let me post some data here. This is not my data and simply my analysis on the data I can see.

I am not claiming this to be true in anyway. Just thinking on what I can see. So I will post anyway after the disclaimer

This figure was taken from the Hindu

View attachment 41422
Source : https://www.thehindu.com/data/data-...-lockdown-notwithstanding/article31201640.ece

Hmm interesting, what does this tell us? So I derive few conclusions from this

After testing, India has the lowest number of positive cases in the world. ( we will discuss this in detail later)

Now coming to thinking of the negative points, even after over crowded cities and lack of all the facilities.
Despite Low testing, India Death rate is low ( so far) and I honestly hope it stays that way.

So a big question arises now, why? and did some study based on data I could find.

Will continue writing. in next post.
you wrote
"We got a govt poster explaining that Potatoes are 30 rupees kg, Onions 30 per kg etc but unfortunately nothing was available at those rates. The only rate that it was available was fixed 100/- per kg to 250 per kg for basic fruit such as banana ( this might be different as per your area) I am only giving insight of my area."

bhai
which city and which area

I am still getting my grocery, vegetables and fruits (banana etc) at normal rates so far (last bought on 3rd Apr). Will go in the evening or tomorrow as vege/fruits stocks are finishing up.
Nor faced any problem in getting milk/curd etc (reasonable quantity at a time), from the shop in next bylane (can see supply of milk from my window, in the morning :DD). We are buying milk for 2 days at a time, so as to avoid daily on the road.

I am in Delhi

Last edited:

MSN1979

you wrote
"We got a govt poster explaining that Potatoes are 30 rupees kg, Onions 30 per kg etc but unfortunately nothing was available at those rates. The only rate that it was available was fixed 100/- per kg to 250 per kg for basic fruit such as banana ( this might be different as per your area) I am only giving insight of my area."
bhai
which city and which area
I am still getting my grocery, vegetables and fruits (banana etc) at normal rates so far (last bought on 3rd Apr). Will go in the evening or tomorrow as vege/fruits stocks are finishing up. I am in Delhi

Yes prices have also returned to stable here ( not exactly the same ) I am talking about the days when lockdown was first announced, no specific city, check on you tube thousands of videos present.

Yes prices have also returned to stable here ( not exactly the same ) I am talking about the days when lockdown was first announced, no specific city, check on you tube thousands of videos present.
we didnt face any issue on price, since day 1 of lockdown.
btw, when you are doing a post this morning, then why posting old rates (even if it was there on Day 1, I still doubt on the rates you mentioned) or you should also have mentioned present rates clearly.
huhhh, videos on youtube, as you guys take/accept everything on youtube, at its face value.

KAL.YUG

Fauci in 2017: Trump Will Be Faced With a "Surprise Global Disease Outbreak"
Follow CollinRugg
Posted April 4, 2020 in Politics

While speaking at a forum on pandemic preparedness at Georgetown University in 2017, Dr. Anthony Fauci said that President Trump will be faced with a surprise disease outbreak during his time in office.
"At pandemic preparedness event at Georgetown University in 2017, Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), contended that the then-recently-elected president will face “challenges that their predecessors were faced with” concerning infectious diseases," reports LaCorte News.
sponsor

“If there’s one message that I want to leave with you today… is that there is no question that there will be a challenge to the coming administration in the arena of infectious diseases,” Fauci said during the speech.
“Both chronic infectious diseases in the sense of already ongoing disease, and we have certainly a large burden of that, but also there will be a surprise outbreak,” he added.
“And I hope by the end of my relatively short presentation you will understand why history, the history of the last 32 years that I’ve been the director of NIAID, will tell the next administration that there’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that they will be faced with the challenges that their predecessors were faced with.”
At the time, Fauci called for a “public health emergency fund” in case an outbreak took place.
“You have to commit substantial financial and human resources. These things don’t get addressed spontaneously by themselves. You have to enlist the best and the brightest investigators in both basic and clinical research,” he added.

“We do need a public health emergency fund. It’s tough to get it… but we need it. Because what we had to go through for Zika—it was very, very painful when the president asked for the $1.9 billion in February and we didn’t get it until September,” Fauci said.
“The administration that is going to come in in the next few days. Will there be a resurgence of Zika? Are we going to see a resurgence or not?” he added. “What about influenza? Are we going to get a new pandemic? And the third bullet is probably the most important: what about things that we’re not even thinking about?”
Towards the end of the speech, Fauci warned that the disease would be coming “in the next few years." This is quite astonishing considering COVID-19 struck the United States three years after Fauci made this claim.
“It is a perpetual challenge. It is not going to go away, so the thing we’re extraordinarily confident about is that we are going to see this in the next few years.”

WATCH the clip below:

https://trendingpolitics.com/fauci-...global-disease-outbreak/#.XokBn5rYL1A.twitter

Seeing the kind of impact this virus has left on different sectors in each economy, I think that stock markets can also definitely fall a prey, we never know.

I think it's high time we think where stand as a species in the ecosystem.. creatures like bats are highly evolved beings, mammals precisely.. they've strong evolved immune system with proportionately evolved microorganisms in their body.. intrusion into their habitat is the main reason for most of the pandemics happened in the world..
Exactly! We are so anthopocentric that we can't even accept that we are just a small (although effectively selfdestructive) step in the evolutionary thread of this planet. Life will certainly survive us. We will not.

Raj232

we didnt face any issue on price, since day 1 of lockdown.
btw, when you are doing a post this morning, then why posting old rates (even if it was there on Day 1, I still doubt on the rates you mentioned) or you should also have mentioned present rates clearly.
huhhh, videos on youtube, as you guys take/accept everything on youtube, at its face value.
In Bangalore, Most of the prices by local shops are fixed at double. So for Bananas : notmally should be Rs 36 per KG, but currently it is Rs 72 per KG.
I'm not sure about supermakets, only local shops who demand cash only (no card payments)

In mumbai also, I believe its the same situation, they claim the regular supply is not available so they jack up the prices !!!

In Bangalore, Most of the prices by local shops are fixed at double. So for Bananas : notmally should be Rs 36 per KG, but currently it is Rs 72 per KG.
I'm not sure about supermakets, only local shops who demand cash only (no card payments)

In mumbai also, I believe its the same situation, they claim the regular supply is not available so they jack up the prices !!!
perhaps we are lucky to get veggies at old price or with slight variation
just bought some veggies
potato 25, cauli 34, arvi 80, capsicum 58, brinjal small (for bharvan masala) 60 (normal size is cheaper), tomato 36, chapalkadu (tinda) 32, lady finger 80 . This is from Fal Sabzi shop (a/c store). we have 2 outlet (this one and one mother dairy veg shop) beside other cart sellers, next to our housing complex and btw banana normal size is 60 per dozen
supply is regular and no shortage of fruits and veggies here

perhaps we are lucky to get veggies at old price or with slight variation
just bought some veggies
potato 25, cauli 34, arvi 80, capsicum 58, brinjal small (for bharvan masala) 60 (normal size is cheaper), tomato 36, chapalkadu (tinda) 32, lady finger 80 . This is from Fal Sabzi shop (a/c store). we have 2 outlet (this one and one mother dairy veg shop) beside other cart sellers, next to our housing complex and btw banana normal size is 60 per dozen
supply is regular and no shortage of fruits and veggies here
Yes, similar prices at Mother Dairy outlets.

The local vendors are giving a bit cheaper here - Lauki 25rs./kg, bhindi/karela/capsicum 50rs., tomato 3kg for 100 rs., onion 25-30rs., papaya 40rs./kg, watermelon 20-30rs/kg etc. Yesterday's prices.