Copying a Legend-Rakesh Jhunjhunwala

I thought this thread is about RJ and his trading/investing style/methods. But recent posts in this thread are getting personal and concentrating on some other personalities other than RJ.

All the irrelevant posts will be deleted in the evening. Personal comments,insulting posts,fightings will not be allowed.

If all have finished discussions on trading methods, then we can consider closing this thread.

Smart_trade

I thought this thread is about RJ and his trading/investing style/methods. But recent posts in this thread are getting personal and concentrating on some other personalities other than RJ.

All the irrelevant posts will be deleted in the evening. Personal comments,insulting posts,fightings will not be allowed.

If all have finished discussions on trading methods, then we can consider closing this thread.

Smart_trade
ST, pls delete all irrelevant posts and let the thread continue.

To return to the subject at hand just to elaborate what i mean by a proven strategy with an edge i would like to give two example's...

1)This has been shared by Anurag Munjal who in my opinion is one of the best traders I know of and certainly one of the most knowledgeable at traderji. He doesn't make too many posts but as far as i know he is really successful. Anurag himself told me that persons he knew used the strategy collectively to make a really large amount of money in a period of 20 years but I don't think it works now because exchange introduced new rules .... you can see here

This is what I mean by a system which has a definitive edge.

About RJ & RKD unfortunately they don't disclose much so much is not known, at least by me maybe others know. Rj says he doesn't worry about sectors in his CNBC interview and says he picks stocks also he said he exits when valuations have peaked .... once again not very clear does he mean PE ratio is above industry average or something else ... atleast i'm not really clear about this.

RJ also does use some TA I remember in one of his itnerviews he praised Victor Sperandeo's book "Methods of a wall street master" especially Vic's 2B method of entry but even Vic says in his Market Wizard interview you need to combine it with other forms of analysis fro long term investing.

Another thing I want to say is there's another person who may have done fairly well in the markets he discloses his portfolio every quarter publically and was successful in picking stocks like Pantaloon from 100 levels and averaged right up to 1800 levels. His name is Basant Maheshwari I don't know much about his but he has disclosed somewhat his stock picking process at his forum. It seems similar to what WB has said and it may interest those who follow fundamentals.

Please note Basant has gone commercial since last 1-2 years so I left his forum but the old posts are still there ...you can see it in this post "my investing strategy"

Code:
http://www.theequitydesk.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=177&FID=41&PR=3
its bit discretionary but definitely useful info at least to me to pick sound stocks, then it may be possible to enter and exit with TA

Not exactly RJ but may be a similar methodology

Please do not post any more fighting posts in this thread. We will delete the irrelevant posts in the evening. This will also allow some cooling time to the members...

Smart_trade

Last edited: