Copying a Legend-Rakesh Jhunjhunwala

As far as I know RJ uses macro analysis of fundamentals which he was taught and mentored by the great Radhakrishna Damani

Also he din't start with Rs5000/- although this is true to some extent as it was his own money but he borrowed a lot of money from people and traded that money. I remember in one of his old interviews he talks about one of the people who lent him money a Mr. Mendonca ... there were many others.

Also the main reason for RJ's success is Mr. Radhakrishna Damani (not to be confused with the ignorant Mr. Ramesh Damani) who literally held his hand and showed him the way.
yes aryabhatta, what u say is right, RJ met RD in the streets outside BSE , then RJ was just entering this field and RD then was a established speculator, both hit off quite well and started trading together . RJ has confessed in public that he learnt trading from RD.

yes aryabhatta, what u say is right, RJ met RD in the streets outside BSE , then RJ was just entering this field and RD then was a established speculator, both hit off quite well and started trading together . RJ has confessed in public that he learnt trading from RD.

there is an old article somewhere on the net about RD,called the 5000 crore man or something.

It seems he started out as a speculator but couldn't make any money so he decided or as the articel said if i remember correctly "quickly discovered" speculation is not the answer, he turned to fundamental analysis and long term investing and was a big success.

There is also another very famous trader by the name Chandrakant Sampat or Sampatbhai as he is refered to, he also made huge massive money in the markets and is considered a BSE legend ... you can see his latest interview (i think dated around 2009-2010" on youtube called "Chandrakant Sampat the magician of D-street"

He has mnay times clearly discussed his rules and he only uses 3 rules .... thats it .... no further analysis. He made as much if not more money than RD but is semi-retired now. They call him as honorary guest at seminars and functions so he's not actively investing these days

there is an old article somewhere on the net about RD,called the 5000 crore man or something.

It seems he started out as a speculator but couldn't make any money so he decided or as the articel said if i remember correctly "quickly discovered" speculation is not the answer, he turned to fundamental analysis and long term investing and was a big success.

There is also another very famous trader by the name Chandrakant Sampat or Sampatbhai as he is refered to, he also made huge massive money in the markets and is considered a BSE legend ... you can see his latest interview (i think dated around 2009-2010" on youtube called "Chandrakant Sampat the magician of D-street"

He has mnay times clearly discussed his rules and he only uses 3 rules .... thats it .... no further analysis. He made as much if not more money than RD but is semi-retired now. They call him as honorary guest at seminars and functions so he's not actively investing these days
It cannot be a co-incidence that two of the greatest traders in the indian stock market circuits continue to remain best friends , they recently produced a movie together called english vinglish.

prabhsingh

Apart from youtube,is there any other way where those 3 magic rules are discussed.Do you have or can you provide more insights on those 3 rules,if possible.

Talk about RK Damani .... check this out he agrsseively bought 20% share in
cigarette company VST industries at Rs151/- ten years later the price was Rs1350/- !!

Also an investment of just Rs63 crores netted him a dividend onlt of Rs71 crore in this same period so basically 60 crore netted him dividends of rs71 crore so his investment was recovered just be dividneds and the capital appreciation was Rs520 crore.

So basically Rs60 crore turned into Rs 590 crore in 10 years in 2011

today feb 2013 the price is Rs1799/- so basically he's made in excess of Rs750 crore just from an investment of Rs60 crore

Lesson: Throw out Macd and ma crossover 50% fib ob/os levels and learn value investing :( there is not one person in india who is a technical trader who as rich as Damani, there is not one person in the world who is a
technical trader who is a s rich as WB.

Last edited:
Everything he touches turns to gold his d-mart retail chain is turning a profit even when Kishore biyani's Big Bazar is struggling and so is the retail arm of Reliance

Yeh sab yeh kaise kar raha hai yare?

So now you know it was RKD who showed RJ the way without RKD RJ would never have been as successful as he is today

Last edited:

MANISH_DAMANI

Everything he touches turns to gold his d-mart retail chain is turning a profit even when Kishore biyani's Big Bazar is struggling and so is the retail arm of Reliance

Yeh sab yeh kaise kar raha hai yare?

So now you know it was RKD who showed RJ the way without RKD RJ would never have been as successful as he is today
Do you know RKD personally.Is he really telling you his secrets. :lol:

MANISH_DAMANI

Sorry for interruption.Well once I am also watching the interview of Mr. Jhunjhunwala and he is saying he has also to do trading. Investment he done he also has got failure many time but he survives as he has capital and In one they dont become rich.Well even same for RKD. Well in details I dont want to go in details because I dont follow any body.But after watching this thread one advertisement strike me. That I want be this, that. but one child say I want to be me. so just like that no leg pulling.