Copying a Legend-Rakesh Jhunjhunwala

The Name Rakesh Jhunjhunwala needs no introduction to indian traders and investors, he is the man who converted Rs 5000 into 80000000000. The question in my mind is will carbon copying such a legend ,will provide similar results to anyone copying his technique.

So in search of an answer to whether, every trader should find an method compatible to his personality or can he pick a method tested and proven with outstanding results by some other trader and achieve similar result.

So i have picked RJ's Trend following strategy and will strictly trade as per it and see if we can acheive results anywhere close to his.

i will use one separate broker a/c for this purpose and funded it will 10 lakh INR.

I will put only those trades thru this a/c ,which meet RJ's criterias , and all my day trades and trades using other techniques will be done from separate broker a/c .

Posts in this thread could be infrequesnt as RJ trades less frequesntly with long holding periods.

So friends this is only an experiment, and only time will tell the outcome of the same.

Macro Trader.

Last edited:
The Name Rakesh Jhunjhunwala needs no introduction to indian traders and investors, he is the man who converted Rs 5000 into 80000000000. The question in my mind is will carbon copying such a legend ,will provide similar results to anyone copying his technique.

So in search of an answer to whether, every trader should find an method compatible to his personality or can he pick a method tested and proven with outstanding results by some other trader and achieve similar result.

So i have picked RJ's Trend following strategy and will strictly trade as per it and see if we can acheive results anywhere close to his.

i will use one separate broker a/c for this purpose and funded it will 10 lakh INR.

I will put only those trades thru this a/c ,which meet RJ's criterias , and all my day trades and trades using other techniques will be done from separate broker a/c .

Posts in this thread could be infrequesnt as RJ trades less frequesntly with long holding periods.

So friends this is only an experiment, and only time will tell the outcome of the same.

Macro Trader.
I don't see the point of this exercise. As every accomplished trader has his own ways. you cannot simply copy a strategy. But don't take my word for it , lose your money and then learn the lesson.

BTW, if you do want to test someone's strategy, try it a smaller account , not a big one like 10L. you might as well donate that money to charity.

rangarajan

Macro Trader.
Macro,
And what is yr initial pick or u r yet to pick.

jahan

Macro Trader.
Hello,

gai.....bhains....pani..mein........

He is no more ....what he is famous for i.e stock picking.he once on TV said that due to not following his stoplosses he lost nearly 70% of his portifolio RJ's trading style/method once again proved that to be succesful in trading/investing picking a right stock is not important ,but exiting from the Stock u entered is important.

in this case of RJ, he is one of the best example, how emotions will take over and ruin ur entire capital.

Regards,

Hello,

He is no more ....what he is famous for i.e stock picking.he once on TV said that due to not following his stoplosses he lost nearly 70% of his portifolio RJ's trading style/method once again proved that to be succesful in trading/investing picking a right stock is not important ,but exiting from the Stock u entered is important.

in this case of RJ, he is one of the best example, how emotions will take over and ruin ur entire capital.

Regards,
Bhai, why are you stopping him from paying the tuition fee to the market.

Everyone has to pay!!!

I don't see the point of this exercise. As every accomplished trader has his own ways. you cannot simply copy a strategy. But don't take my word for it , lose your money and then learn the lesson.

BTW, if you do want to test someone's strategy, try it a smaller account , not a big one like 10L. you might as well donate that money to charity.
the point of this exercise is to prove that you dont need to hop from system to system waiting to find a holy grail one day , and that you can trade a winning system used successfully by others, and duplicate its success.

Hello,

Regards,
i think you are wrong, there has been no other trader either in the past or at present, who traded for himself ( that is never managed public money) and made a billion dollors.

Most of the top traders in the west have made money by managing multi billion dollor funds, charging yearly management fees and 30-50 % profit sharing . That is how RJ's success stand apart , there is no one yet in his class.

jahan

i think you are wrong, there has been no other trader either in the past or at present, who traded for himself ( that is never managed public money) and made a billion dollors.

Most of the top traders in the west have made money by managing multi billion dollor funds, charging yearly management fees and 30-50 % profit sharing . That is how RJ's success stand apart , there is no one yet in his class.
Hello,

here is the full interview link of RJ.

http://deadpresident.blogspot.in/2011/10/rakesh-jhunjhunwala-worst-trading-year.html

iam not saying that he is not a good trader. rise and down will always there in trading,what iam saying is he solely depends upon stock picking,he never care for exits,which is bad,see he gone debt and he still want to hold that trades at that time,and he also says that he never no wat he will gonna do with his positions.

see he is a discretionary trader,which involves psychology for trading decisions and when pshycology involves there is lot more chances/room for errors and which he does.

study carefully the interview u will notice lot of points which r not suitable for a professional trader like he is.

Regards,

hik

Macro Trader.

Bhai, why are you stopping him from paying the tuition fee to the market.

Everyone has to pay!!!

if you could spend 2% of your intial capital on trading education, you never would've got the idea.Th winning systems and methods are always there. Its the traders that fail in the market not your methods or strategies. The big part of you trading is your "emotions", You can duplicate RJ's starting capital , his strategies and his methods and hell you can even duplicate his fat belly but you can never duplicate his emotional /behaviour, markets are run by only two emotional phenomenon Greed and fear. tell me you ever met him?? asked him about his trade plan?? Do you know how Rj holds to a winning trade, where does he place stops ??.
I like your idea of sticking to a single system instead of hoping from one system to another, but its a blind faith to follow an individual thinking that you might win following the same person. I hate to see my fellow trader money , but "hey losers are there to help winners" .
Good luck for your trading.