Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused:

It is today only that i found this wonderful forum and words cannot simply explain the joy......

First of my utmost regrads to administrator and second to all wonderful people here...

this is the true example of informed decision making in true sense of term....

Now coming to main topic of the day...

Its form last few months that I have gained very much interest in stock markets (and CNBC Tv18 has to be given credit for that atleast in part)...

so eventually i decided to take the plunge...

but chhosing the online broker is really tough for a novice like me who has heard a lot but has never actually traded himself really.....

I have taken demo of sharekhan; 5piase and icicidirect..... so far

5paise is not affordable to me as minimum 800 rs per month has to be paid by me which is not suitabel for me as a beginner as i am yet to learn the basics well to really invest heavily....

sharekhan seems nice but then they no BSE trading (i hope i am not wrong)

and icicidirect has very high brokerage charges and the bad reputation in reality as is evident here....

about indiabulls as fas as i have understood we need to pay to purchase software and about kotak i have no idea..............

I would like all the great people here to share thei wisdom in helping me to start out which service should i opt for u...........

hopefully once i learn the basics then only i will be able to contibute meaningfully to discussions here but now it seems i need more help.......

thanks and regards,

sunando

---------------------

plz dont just say which service to opt without justifying as to why u think it should be opted.......thank u :) :) :p

sunandoghosh@rediff*********
Hi
Share khan is trading for both BSE and NSE

I find 5paisa is comparatively cheaper and user-friendly. Of course, Reliance Money is the worst. ICICI DIRECT.com is good but very costly.
For Day trading i am paying .05%.
So is it costly?
See man 1 more thing Reliance money will provide you money as you sell your share,Happy?
But be careful, do you know? you have to pay for that.

dear friends,

I have icicidirect.com account. I don't do day trading. So far, I have been trading only when market is up i.e. buying first and selling later. When market is down, I sit out when market is down that means I don't short & cover. The main reason behind this is, I don't know (rather not very clear) if this facility is available in icicidirect.com in case of "delivery trading". However, this is provided by them for day trading as " Margin trading". Would be grateful if someone clarifies it. In case icicidirect.com does not provide this service, which other agency/broker provides this?

Regards,

Nick

For Day trading i am paying .05%.
So is it costly?
See man 1 more thing Reliance money will provide you money as you sell your share,Happy?
But be careful, do you know? you have to pay for that.
hi,
What do you mean reliance money trading platform pays money when you sell it?? Cal you explain it.. I did not get this point?
rgds

Hi
Share khan is trading for both BSE and NSE
you are right, there are too many options and one gets confused obvisouly. But they are there for good reason - to give you competitive brokerage in the first place and to switchover between brokerage houses in case you are dissatisfied with one. I have using 5paisa for 5 years now and I have never come across any problems using their trading platform except that they changed their software too many times and had different terminals for different users - Investor Terminals, Trader Terminal and now they have come up with TTADV. More or less I am happy with the current webbased TTADV software but don't advise this to you in case you are an aggressive trader. In deed, the system fails to modify your order/price midway when you change your mind with the changing trend of the scrip. So, check with them before you open an account, in case you go with 5paisa.

I am not qualified to comment on other brokerage houses as I have never used their trading platforms. Of course, ICICIdirect is the most expensive in terms of brokerage and you would like to remain an investor, then, you can consder it too.

Service and response time are more important than brokerage and don't forget to check on these two before you open your trading account with any of them. And it is also better that you go with a reputed broker only. why don't you also take a look at Motilal Oswal as well. Reliance is supposedly offering the lowest brokerage but they have too many confusing and complex products, so, better avoid.

columbus

dear friends,

I have icicidirect.com account. I don't do day trading. So far, I have been trading only when market is up i.e. buying first and selling later. When market is down, I sit out when market is down that means I don't short & cover. The main reason behind this is, I don't know (rather not very clear) if this facility is available in icicidirect.com in case of "delivery trading". However, this is provided by them for day trading as " Margin trading". Would be grateful if someone clarifies it. In case icicidirect.com does not provide this service, which other agency/broker provides this?

Regards,

Nick
Shortcovering in EQUITIES has to be settled on the same itself which is different from futures.Since I do not have ICICI account ,I may not be able to say CONVINSINGLY if it is permissible ,since almost all online brokers provide this facility ,I do not see any reason ,why ICICI can't?.If there is a ban by ICICI ,then it is a surprise to me.

ARMHM

dear friends,

Regards,

Nick
Intraday shortselling is allowed in many scrips even in ICICIDirect. But make sure the trade is squared off before the end of the session. Although they automatically start squaring off around 2:45 pm but in case of net congestion they do not take responsibility and you will have to make delivery. In case you do not have the shares in you demat account you will have to face auction settlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.