I am new and confused

Dear experts,

afte rreading so much on various sites, i have finally enetred in share trading, and one thing i know that whatever ive read is somehow diff with real trading, this is what what i have done.

1- i have an demat and trading acc from hdfc sec
2- i have purchased 2 share(LOL) of gail, in portal

now my confusion is

hdfc new trade portal is very confusing, i want to understand following

1- hat is trading limit, mine is showing .50 in top center

2- my share purchase is executed, but no funds are deducted from my account, neither these are showing in my portfolio, what is missing there
3- i am still confused with trigger price, i read so many post here, but in hdfc portal it only has one option of trigger value in buy column, and not stop loss kind of thing, so what it means.

any help is welcomed. .

Answer In your case I think you should call HDFC and ask their representative who soever opened your account what are your brokerage charges and what the extent of limit you are getting out of it.
What ever you buy or purchase that will show simultaneously but if not you should wait for your ledger that you will receive the next day regarding your trading.
Regarding Trigger price that is use in Stop Loss If you buy something then its fix trigger price more than simple price and if we sell then viceversa.

I think you should contact your RM or person who opened your account and ask him all the details and regarding no amount deducted from your account when you purchase some stock for that you have to contact the client support of HDFC for better understanding and clearance of your doubt and account status .
Trigger price the price in which the stop loss will be fixed to minimize the risk of loss bear by a customer.

Brill

For those who are new to Stock Market, other than Traderji, the following link may be helpful. For your doubt on HDFC trading terminal and related mater contact hdfcsec customer care.

http://zerodha.com/varsity/

Last edited: