Change of shareowner after death of primary holder

Dear All,

My grandmother used to own some shares (physical :mad:) of Reliance Industries. My dad was the second holder. Mind you, not the joint holder but second holder. She has passed away and we would now like to make dad as the primary holder.

Now, after checking with Karvy Computershare who's the registrar, they said we need to send a letter to Karvy in Hyderabad explaining them all this with the PAN card, share certificates and death certificate copies. However, after we sent them this letter, they rejected the request. Didn't even give a proper response as to what was the reason.

Now what we would like to know is what to do now? Karvy customer care is useless. They're just interested in disconnecting the call rather than helping the customer. Is there a Karvy office in Mumbai where we can go and sort this out?

Appreciate your help.

Regards.

Dear All,

My grandmother used to own some shares (physical :mad:) of Reliance Industries. My dad was the second holder. Mind you, not the joint holder but second holder. She has passed away and we would now like to make dad as the primary holder.

Now, after checking with Karvy Computershare who's the registrar, they said we need to send a letter to Karvy in Hyderabad explaining them all this with the PAN card, share certificates and death certificate copies. However, after we sent them this letter, they rejected the request. Didn't even give a proper response as to what was the reason.

Now what we would like to know is what to do now? Karvy customer care is useless. They're just interested in disconnecting the call rather than helping the customer. Is there a Karvy office in Mumbai where we can go and sort this out?

Appreciate your help.

Regards.
You just have to send death certificate of the first holder and share certificate and Karvy will delete the name of the first holder and the second holder now becomes a sole holder and he then can get those shares demated through a depository participant.Karvy cannot refuse this name deletion,it is their duty. If they fail,make a complaint to RIL company secretary.

Smart_trade

You just have to send death certificate of the first holder and share certificate and Karvy will delete the name of the first holder and the second holder now becomes a sole holder and he then can get those shares demated through a depository participant.Karvy cannot refuse this name deletion,it is their duty. If they fail,make a complaint to RIL company secretary.

Smart_trade
Thanks all for the replies.

We've already approached Karvy once. We sent them the death certificate as well as the share certificates along with the PAN card xerox. They just returned them back with a uninformative SMS stating that the request cannot be processed.

This is why I need the Karvy office in Mumbai where I can go and sort this matter out.

Thanks all for the replies.

We've already approached Karvy once. We sent them the death certificate as well as the share certificates along with the PAN card xerox. They just returned them back with a uninformative SMS stating that the request cannot be processed.

This is why I need the Karvy office in Mumbai where I can go and sort this matter out.
bump... anyone?