Brainstorming on trading topics

sumosanammain

You "mind" sharing what this internal chatter is all about?
Its a bit late today, will share what issues I still face even after so many years. By the way, just finished an intense session with my partner, or rather my partner in crime, about the systems which need bigger or smaller allocation of capital from October. I change allocation to systems once every Quarter, depending on their performance on a 3 month running basis. I sometimes, though rarely, change these allocations even monthly for some systems that are not performing according to expectations.

Riskyman

Its a bit late today, will share what issues I still face even after so many years. By the way, just finished an intense session with my partner, or rather my partner in crime, about the systems which need bigger or smaller allocation of capital from October. I change allocation to systems once every Quarter, depending on their performance on a 3 month running basis. I sometimes, though rarely, change these allocations even monthly for some systems that are not performing according to expectations.
Hey you better be careful when you write stuff like this on the forum. My jaw dropped for a moment!:wtf:
And then It took me a minute to regain my composure after reading the next few words. phew!:woot:

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
May be .. that does not matter .. but be sure I cant held responsible your thoughts and experience .. if u quote from my post ever i questioned any one who says he is successful ? in fact no one dare to say that so far .. (hope this reply comment will be cleared Moderation . )

This question is asked every year by someone :D . In fact many threads are in Traderji with polls about the same subject. Next year again someone will ask same question and then again and again.
Ye to chalta hi rahega :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Search function is presently not working as expected, otherwise it has shown lots of threads.

This question is asked every year by someone :D . In fact many threads are in Traderji with polls about the same subject. Next year again someone will ask same question and then again and again.
Ye to chalta hi rahega :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Search function is presently not working as expected, otherwise it has shown lots of threads.
Yes I too saw some threads.. just a gesture asked Sumo as he said he is 20 plus years experience in mkt .. it became like an issue..

Sir, I take your question in good spirit. But according to you, what is success in trading ?

For me, success in trading is money. Only making money and nothing else.

A day trader like me may make money today, yesterday or in last 1 year. But remember the fact that I am a loser for many years before that. So am I successful trader ?

I may have a consistent edge now. But what is the guarantee I have tomorrow ? Practically nothing. So can I declare the success ?

Hope you understand the problem others will face in answering that question with a direct Yes/No. :)
Yes sir . if money is made and one able to trade with the profit money for rest of the life then he is successful . if any one ask me whether i am successful in trading by Nov this year, I would be in a position to say directly and boldly ...Either Yes or No.

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Yes sir . if money is made and one able to trade with the profit money for rest of the life then he is successful . if any one ask me whether i am successful in trading by Nov this year, I would be in a position to say directly and boldly ...Either Yes or No.
I am a long time member of TJ so I new who are successful traders here. Few traders like ST learn quickly from their mistakes and become successful early in their learning curve , others take 5 years , 10 years or even more :oo

mohan.sic

Deciding by Nov end or April end is calculating profit or loss for a specific period or a snapshot of your trading ledger. But that's not the way to measure success/failure ( even on monetary terms ).

Not long back, You said you made 10 lakhs in a single day. So in your terms, you should be declared as a successful trader as on that day. But what happened in next 2 months? Your success turned out as big failure.
Same way a trader makes big money and may think that he would trade rest of his life with his profits. But like in your case, he also may lose all the profits. So how do you measure 'success' which is a future event ?

MSN1979

Fill pages, and if you cant write 50 full A4 pages, you have learnt notthing

You just reminded me of my old days, in Indian Universities once a senior told me that the only way to score good in exams is to write 10 pages for 20 marks answer. Even if the answer is less then a page.

maybe its in our blood now :DD

PS: for all university students this is still true and 3 Idiots has changed nothing

against_tides

I am a long time member of TJ so I new who are successful traders here. Few traders like ST learn quickly from their mistakes and become successful early in their learning curve , others take 5 years , 10 years or even more :oo
bhai..sharamo mat...apna naam bhi jod lo successful traders ki list pe....chillar chillar bol ke tizori bhar li ;)

Deciding by Nov end or April end is calculating profit or loss for a specific period or a snapshot of your trading ledger. But that's not the way to measure success/failure ( even on monetary terms ).

Not long back, You said you made 10 lakhs in a single day. So in your terms, you should be declared as a successful trader as on that day. But what happened in next 2 months? Your success turned out as big failure.
Same way a trader makes big money and may think that he would trade rest of his life with his profits. But like in your case, he also may lose all the profits. So how do you measure 'success' which is a future event ?
the 10 lakhs on June expiry is to say I made even 10 lakhs in single day but it will not hold in our pocket as these like gambling .( it is infarct a reply to some one comment in other thread who posted some stuff related to that )
there are other trades using some other trade plans includes selling options too which is my regular thing.
I beg time till Nov not based on profits/loss balance. let me too wait for the future to unfold to share with you.