BNF HIGH LOW trading stratagy

rh6996

What was the reason for short in BNF today?..it was trading above yesterday high...that itself was a strong signal of bullishness right? Just curious to know if you have any other thoughts. thanks!
Sirji,
seems you jumped directly on the last page of this thread !
As per the strategy of this Thread, short was on ! Just look at the first post and a typo in there rectified a few posts earlier from here, you will know why we went short!
Ueshmandal seems to be still in his Short trade as his SL held on as he entered a bit late ! :p
The posts today by three members entering at different levels will surely invite further discussion on entry and SL !
Same strategy, but some hit SL already others still holding on ! :confused:
Maybe this discussion will help to modify the rules of trading to make it better.

umeshmandal

Holding short, keeping faith with 18946 as SL in place.
Almost panicked when BNF touched 18940 !
One thing to note here is that had I entered a few minutes earlier say right at open at 18815 , my SL would be 18930 and would have been hit !
Ofcourse not sure whether my SL will be defended or be hit but safe till now as BNF is at 18900 after making a high of 18940!
Exited at 100 points profit ! :D
BNF moved further down by another 100 after my exit! :p
Thanks SSP

SL depends on the entry point so for every trader it will be a different value.
Will be hit for some & for a few will not be hit.
There are no fixed levels (like supp / res) !
Strange strategy, not confidence inspiring.
Good till it works.
Nothing strange in the strategy . . .

It is based on concept of price reversion to the mean . . . calculated based on 2 days cycle of High//Low (+/- some fixed delta)

Again nothing strange if the trade fails on trend continuation days (when/if trend continues for 3+ days). That's the way its meant to happen, works when price reverts back towards the EMAs, Stops will hit when price keeps trending. Now theory says 70+ % of the times price will reverse to mean and keep trending less than 30% of the times, that's where the edge comes from.

Overall the OP has presented a very good concept, if needed everyone can personalize/change it further to suite their temperament/needs.

Happy :)

Last edited:
SSP, In the first post where strategy is defined and then in the accomapnying chart there is a typo in mentioning LOW in place of HIGH while calculating SELL range for next day !
People with my range of low IQ must have been stuck at the initial Posts for a long time figuring out how the Buy Sell figures came! Only half way through the thread someone pointed out the TYPO !
No idea what is stopping you from correcting the same SSP ! :mad:
If possible please do it even now so that New visitors to the thread are not confused as I was !
I think TJ does not allow editing old posts after a week or so..

stop loss hunting today.