Bitcoins

There is a coin called QTUM (pronounced Quantum) which is a bit further along than Ada but the price action on its charts does not indicate that it is a good investment. Ethereum seems to be the most stable currency for short term gains but I'm playing the long game and holding Ada.

There is a browser wallet called MetaMask which is legitimate and stores ETH in the Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Keep your 12 keywords safe if you install this browser wallet and add ETH to it. I have exported my private key to be extra safe but I've not added funds to this wallet.

I know of 2 games/apps that interact with it:
Crypto Kitty
PoWH coin (Proof of Weak Hands coin, a self proclaimed, open ponzi scheme)

This is the chrome link for MetaMask ETH browser wallet:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/metamask/nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn?hl=en

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Cryptocurrencies are illegal in India. All the 3 agencies of the government (Finance Ministry, RBI, and SEBI) have unanimously spoken out against it Recently, the founders of Unocoin were arrested for setting up a Bitcoin/Crypto ATM. All other well-known crypto startups have been outlawed. Their efforts to fight it out in the courts were futile. I personally believe that the hype around cryptocurrencies is very shallow and is based on the enthusiasm of the American youth who has little to no idea about how the currency systems work. I have written quite a bit about this on Quora but there's not a big enough audience there for this topic. The propaganda that the governments can simply print money whenever it wants is totally false. If they do, then there are negative consequences as well. It depends on a lot of complicated factors which are unexplainable to a crowd that is just rebellious and wants to replace the system with something NEW. Historically, the monetary systems were based on the gold standard which ultimately puts an upper cap on the total supply of money. However, such a system is deflationary. That's not a good thing either.

In the larger scheme of things, the holdings of cryptocurrencies are largely concentrated with the promoters and the so-called whales who must be probably looking at every rise in the prices as a big selling opportunity. By the time they unwind their large positions, the prices will be much lower than it is today IMO. More than 95% of the cryptos are based on run of the mill startups which are looking to ride the hype as much as possible or have become consumed by it. Either ways, Bitcoin was supposed to be a currency right? But then it turned out to be an asset because nobody wants to use it as a medium of exchange.

P.S - I'm sorry if my post is out of context. I feel deeply about this subject and saw an opportunity here!

Bitcoin is gaint of the cryto currency currently traded at above 6000 USD and is the future of trading, trading in bitcoin is according to my point of view is probably the one of the best investment as it is the future of the trading, so every business man should consider to invest in these coins in order to keep themselves with the world.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Bitcoin is gaint of the cryto currency currently traded at above 6000 USD and is the future of trading, trading in bitcoin is according to my point of view is probably the one of the best investment as it is the future of the trading, so every business man should consider to invest in these coins in order to keep themselves with the world.
hahaha

Do you seriously believe all banks, financial institutions and world govt will want to loose control over assets they already trade in and give up to 'cryptocurrency' which is suppose to be 'open', 'fair' and 'transparent'?

Cryptocurrencies are illegal in India. All the 3 agencies of the government (Finance Ministry, RBI, and SEBI) have unanimously spoken out against it Recently, the founders of Unocoin were arrested for setting up a Bitcoin/Crypto ATM. All other well-known crypto startups have been outlawed. Their efforts to fight it out in the courts were futile. I personally believe that the hype around cryptocurrencies is very shallow and is based on the enthusiasm of the American youth who has little to no idea about how the currency systems work. I have written quite a bit about this on Quora but there's not a big enough audience there for this topic. The propaganda that the governments can simply print money whenever it wants is totally false. If they do, then there are negative consequences as well. It depends on a lot of complicated factors which are unexplainable to a crowd that is just rebellious and wants to replace the system with something NEW. Historically, the monetary systems were based on the gold standard which ultimately puts an upper cap on the total supply of money. However, such a system is deflationary. That's not a good thing either.

In the larger scheme of things, the holdings of cryptocurrencies are largely concentrated with the promoters and the so-called whales who must be probably looking at every rise in the prices as a big selling opportunity. By the time they unwind their large positions, the prices will be much lower than it is today IMO. More than 95% of the cryptos are based on run of the mill startups which are looking to ride the hype as much as possible or have become consumed by it. Either ways, Bitcoin was supposed to be a currency right? But then it turned out to be an asset because nobody wants to use it as a medium of exchange.

P.S - I'm sorry if my post is out of context. I feel deeply about this subject and saw an opportunity here!
I hold counter views and totally disagree with this post. It is based on shallow understanding, mostly on what one gets to read on internet and duffer Indian media. Many things are factually wrong in this post. Short on time so I will post my detail reply later. Just want to tell there is a quote from US Fed Chief where he said "USA can print unlimited money at zero cost". I tried locating/finding this old quote but could not "so far". I read this quote and the link (credible web it was, interview type) on Orkut in 2008. Elephantine memory!!