Bhavcopy problem

deadbrain

Hello Kalyan

any problem with data today?
Thanks buddy

Today got from Data Feeds, but it seems to be temporary solution. The best thing should be let us know how you do that. I have been asking the same for past two days, but no avail. I tried .csv format, Ami does not accept it. Tried a couple of blogs mentioned here, but they also give EOD in .csv format only.

kaly422000

Thanks buddy

Today got from Data Feeds, but it seems to be temporary solution. The best thing should be let us know how you do that. I have been asking the same for past two days, but no avail. I tried .csv format, Ami does not accept it. Tried a couple of blogs mentioned here, but they also give EOD in .csv format only.
u may try joy,s data downloader of volumedigger.com . it has some problem with indices data but bhavcopy is alright. download the application( datadownloader under software), format properly. but ami accept csv by import wizard option but sud in appropiet column

Hi

Yes lv, NSE have a "Khazaanaa" on thei web. NSE thinks that we are thief.
They made a srong castle around data so people can not steal that.

asnavale

Thanks buddy

Hi DB,

AmiBroker accepts .CSV format without any problem. You have to check the arrangement of different columns and the date format in your .csv file.

-Anant

Hi

Yes lv, NSE have a "Khazaanaa" on thei web. NSE thinks that we are thief.
They made a srong castle around data so people can not steal that.
To my mind, this attitude is unnecessarily defensive. After all, it is you for whom the various files are made available for download.

Do the straightforward thing:

- write to NSE. Let them know that you are using utilities to download and extract the data. Let them know that changes in their website are breaking such utilities. Ask them if they have objections to the use of such utilities? Ask them to announce in advance the changes to be made to their website such that such utilities can accommodate this in time. See what NSE has to say in response.

- also write to the various TV channels to take up this issue and, in parallel, get a response from NSE.

- Of course, post the results here. That is what a forum is about.

deadbrain

Courtsey: HawaiSanjay

Since Bhavcopy download(Hemen Kapadia) is not working,I have found this solution.Download bhavcopy in csv format from nseindia.You need to change some columns.i.e.Second column should be date(like 20101103),delete last price,trade quantity,previous close columns, and save the file.Now right click on that file and open with notepad.Save notepad file as txt.Import this file to Amibroker.

Courtsey: HawaiSanjay

Since Bhavcopy download(Hemen Kapadia) is not working,I have found this solution.Download bhavcopy in csv format from nseindia.You need to change some columns.i.e.Second column should be date(like 20101103),delete last price,trade quantity,previous close columns, and save the file.Now right click on that file and open with notepad.Save notepad file as txt.Import this file to Amibroker.
Thanks....is there a way to down load EOD index data from NSE like EQ bhavcopy?