Beware of ICICIDirect cheating small investors!!

MurAtt

Here is some Good News for ICICI users :

This is further to my last email on our revised charges for mutual funds schemes post the SEBI regulation effective August 1, 2009.

We are delighted to record an overwhelming response to our new and changed charges. Most customers have appreciated the benefit that they tangibly see in our offer. Even so, a few customers, who have relatively smaller investments in SIPs, have expressed concerns.

From what we have understood, they seem to be saying that if their investments in mutual funds are large, then ICICIdirect.com is giving a very sweet deal. But when investments are in small SIPs, the charges appear expensive.

In the meantime, we want to reassure our customers, that when in our last email, I said 'we value your feedback', it was not just a sign-off line. We really meant it. Accordingly we are delighted to offer revised set of charges for SIPs and liquid funds.

Thus in case of SIPs, we would now charge Rs. 30/- per transaction or 1.5% of the transaction amount, whichever is lower. This would be effective retrospectively from August 1, 2009. To read the new fee structure click here.

To elaborate a little bit, let us take a small example:
If you have a SIP of Rs. 500/-, then what you were typically paying as entry load at 2.25% was Rs. 11.25/-. Under the revised charges of 1.5%, you pay Rs. 7.50/-, which is 33.3% lower than your previous charges.

Moreover, the charges on liquid funds, would be zero.
I also suggest that you take out a little time to click here and access our comprehensive FAQs that we have posted. We have collated this from various queries we have received through email and calls.

With this, I do hope and trust that we have addressed concerns of all our investors including those with smaller SIPs.
I would now urge you to closely look at your investments in mutual funds and balance your portfolios with a reasonable allocation in this besides your other financial investments.

As you are aware, ICICIdirect.com is a cutting edge full-service transaction platform available 24x7, allowing you to invest in a wide range of Investment & Protection products. The product range is backed by our award-winning Research and Advisory services and supported by easy-to-use Financial Planning tools that can help you review your financial health and align your investments to clearly spelt out objectives.

You can avail all this online through ICICIdirect.com as well as offline through ICICIdirect - The Neighbourhood Financial Superstore in your vicinity , where you can interact with a trained and well informed Relationship Manager.

May I once again stress that 'we value your feedback'!

To reiterate, we cherish our relationship with you and recognize you as a discerning customer, whose feedback enables us to provide greater value.
With warm regards,
Vineet Arora
Head - Products and Distribution

ICICI playing with investors Money!!
Just within a week they reduced charges, because people identified this cheating company!!

HOW BAD ICICIDIRECT? Don't know before introduce the MF charges??????

Looks ICICI is in big trouble, their management makes poor decisions...

slow death, if it continues...................

Hefty Charges, poor management policies, uncontrolled credit,
no future direction, poor customer treatment...

Where ICICI heading tooo?????????????????????????????????

""ICICI shareholders watch carefully"

These ICICIDIRECT people are still charging 100+Service charge on NON SIP investments!
I need to find a good alternate to them.
Can you guys suggest what HDFC and Kotak is charging now days?

These ICICIDIRECT people are still charging 100+Service charge on NON SIP investments!
I need to find a good alternate to them.
Can you guys suggest what HDFC and Kotak is charging now days?
Hello!
Why do not u invest "Directly" in AMC to avoid all entry loads?
mr india

ICICI playing with investors Money!!
Just within a week they reduced charges, because people identified this cheating company!!

HOW BAD ICICIDIRECT? Don't know before introduce the MF charges??????

Looks ICICI is in big trouble, their management makes poor decisions...

slow death, if it continues...................

Hefty Charges, poor management policies, uncontrolled credit,
no future direction, poor customer treatment...

Where ICICI heading tooo?????????????????????????????????

""ICICI shareholders watch carefully"

One thing which everyone is missing is also that ICICIDIRECT now charges the same fee for debt funds investments(except liquid funds). Earlier, debt funds had no entry load

cheers

Mohit:mad:

If you have Internet banking for your bank account You can invest in most mutual funds online thus avoiding any Entry load/charge. I took this route as soon I got internet banking for my SB a/c.

bandlab2

this is the trick. buy from fund houses directly and then transfer to ICICI . no charges for transfers. u can see them online. when u sell, no charges. this is the way to beat them in their own game

What is the future of mutual funds

WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF MUTUAL FUNDS?

Its very strange to know.

When the market goes at most down then fund managers start to

Invest in top rated shares from large cape to small cap.

That moment foreign investors also invested hugely inside the

Market as per sartorial demand they used to main taint their Positions

Calculations suppose 20 out of 100 fund managers invest, 20 foreign investors, 10 foreign financial institutes, 10 black market hero, and 40 small investors.

Means all these big guns know the holding positions of small investors very well but

Small investors wont know the holding positions of big guns.

Suddenly 10 black market hero, some big foreign investors just taken away their money then impact will be on domestic financial institutions and fund managers start to give up like 2008-2009 result, huge losses this will create huge burden on small investors

Mutual funds for equity investment are just like a gamble & very & very risky.

Small investors need better software with the live holding positions of margin, delivery and all financial institutes with big investors etc. clean & clear online trading plat form, right online broker & FRQUENT solvable legal body then small investors can gain a bit others.

please note that its my Hypothesis on above mentions titel & I am not forcing any body to read this or act as per above mention article.

Last edited: