Best Intraday strategy to make consistent profits

imfine

How come you lost 39,000 rs in ORB (Lost the profit + 10% of your capital) ?
Can you please explain the mistakes that happened in ORB ?
Again why are you recommending to study ORB - as you have already lost significantly ?
the ORB strategy is workable for me. the reason behind the loss is due to sudden change in limit(margin) policy of IIFL( my ex broker) and less comfort with Zerodha( my new broker).

Now have moved back to IIFL with previous margin policy.

I guess you too using ORB strategy ?

jagankris

the ORB strategy is workable for me. the reason behind the loss is due to sudden change in limit(margin) policy of IIFL( my ex broker) and less comfort with Zerodha( my new broker).

Dear Imfine,

ORB is definitely a good strategy.

With 70000 rs you traded 2000 quantity of Tata motors.
Say 350 rs which comes to 7 lakhs.
So ten times leverage.
Do you understand the risk of playing with 10 times leverage.

How many times would you keep on playing the breakouts on a Flat day ?
What is the worst case failures(no of times) of ORB encountered on a flat day ?

Hi Frnd,

I think trading is all about discipline and overcoming your emotions..we all knw this... I think one shud not set big profit targets initially..Start with bare minimum capital....try trading in 1 or 2 things at a time....I wud suggest Silver and Banknifty since they give nice move during the day..trade in1 lot each in starting..For that u wud need 45 k as margin..choose a broker which offers less brokerage and allow u to transfer funds instantly.. Book small profits and exit... transfer your profits weekly to ur saving account and forget tht and start trading afresh next week..

To achieve this, all you need to do is overcome ur greed...accept losses and don't try to take revenge from market.... remember even if u catch an average move of 50 points in banknifty and 150 points in silver per lot u ll make Rs.2000 per lot per day..tht means 60k per month and 7.2 lacs per annum...Just an example but thts the power of compounding....
Hi deepakkukrety,
Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, "trading is all about discipline and overcoming your emotions" but I believe it works best when combined with a working strategy and proper money management. However hard you may try,it is really challenging to control greed,fear and your inner emotions. I don't believe that paper trading really helps dealing with real money coz whatever the period you trade on paper,everything looks well and good but once you start trading with real money,things start to turn tables. I think it is the most imp thing to manage.
As of now,as I said,my main objective it to hold my money and try to make some money. As someone said,"If you don't give money to markets,markets will have no choice rather than to give you money".
I don't trade in commodities or crude,as I said, I trade only in stocks or options. Yes, if we plan well and compound our profits,then it will be a huge sum :clap::thumb:
Happy Trading!:thumb:

Well looks gud on theory and on paper trades. But real time its all a diff game.First u need a workable setup with positive expectancy. Then u think of lots and ponts.Take it from me ur workable setup will onlyhv minimal edge if atll, but you hv to leverage it.Do you know even same strategy with a different time frame gives diff result.And a right tf for intraday trading is not easy.it takes yrs for traders to realise this.all the best and be nimble from the start.its a marathon.u need to be careful.
Hi trump,
I believe someone very similar to you. It all looks good on paper but it will not be the same once you start trading with real money as it sucks your confidence once the trade moves against you. The best way to overcome this is to have a workable Intraday setup and it is the main objective of this thread. Hope we can make one working setup very soon. Also trying diff time frames to find the best working time frame for Intraday.
Happy Trading !:thumb:

Hi Imfine bro,
Its good to see ORB works for you. I tried it long back but didn't remember it exactly. As you suggested it,I went through the strategy and realized that. Yes, I feel the strategy works very well on trending days say if Nifty opens flat and gives a 50 or 100 points in positive or negative direction but the real issue is when the Nifty or a stock opens in positive or negative and consolidates after giving a range break out or moves sideways breaking both the ranges. I tried it today also and had some issues with it.
I would also like to know,how would the margin change effect the profit,coz if you trade 100 tatamot and get 1% profit would be the same if you take a leverage of 10 or 20 times and gain the same 1%. In my view,the most imp thing that would effect your profits is brokerage. I too trade with Zerodha. So with their brokerage,it should not be that big burden for us to deal with BEP. I am not questioning your view or profits but would like to know how the margin change from 20 to say some 10 cut your profits? :confused:
Happy Trading !:thumb:

1. what problem you faced with zerodha?
2. in your orb strategy you consider first 5 min or 15 min bar?
3. what where your exit rules? you use to close your position at end of day or after some fixed margin or hitting of sl?
4. how you fix ur sl?
5. trade only once in a day, exit after hitting target or sl or enter multiple times when orb condition is met?
6. if you exit in loss regularly 4-5 days? how you handle this situation?

Hi Frnd,

I think trading is all about discipline and overcoming your emotions..we all knw this... I think one shud not set big profit targets initially..Start with bare minimum capital....try trading in 1 or 2 things at a time....I wud suggest Silver and Banknifty since they give nice move during the day..trade in1 lot each in starting..For that u wud need 45 k as margin..choose a broker which offers less brokerage and allow u to transfer funds instantly.. Book small profits and exit... transfer your profits weekly to ur saving account and forget tht and start trading afresh next week..

To achieve this, all you need to do is overcome ur greed...accept losses and don't try to take revenge from market.... remember even if u catch an average move of 50 points in banknifty and 150 points in silver per lot u ll make Rs.2000 per lot per day..tht means 60k per month and 7.2 lacs per annum...Just an example but thts the power of compounding....
hi, can you share the strategy for 50 points in banknifty or 150 points in silver?

Market is dynamic & technical parameter changes differently on different time frame & also fails at different point due to different triggers. One has to follow key rule to be consistent in profit is to cut loss first & trail profits.

kiran_thiru