Are Technical analysts idiots?

Do you think these technical analysts are idiots?

• yes

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • no

Votes: 30 58.8%

• Total voters

kkseal

Oh no! Another bout of FA vs TA

I don't understand why a carpenter has to use just the hammer or just the saw. Why can't he use both, as per his requirement.

I started of with FA and still use FA the best i can; but it's also a fact that timing a move is impossible without TA.

As for results, nothing is perfect. Just as all your FA based stock picks may not produce the estimated returns, similarly you may not be able to time things perfectly all the time with TA. But both are time-tested and widely used tools and both have their utilities.

Regards,
Kalyan.

We are in a prolonged bull-market, thats why FA is working well.

Anybody having money (by any-means) investing & gaining now.

I would like to ask FAs what is their funda in a typical bear markets specially if it lasts for one year & more?

Hotchpotching TA & FA will make confusion in ones mind. Guys Analyse Fundamentals had ever think of investing IFCI @ 14 levels? But it was the TA, invested then and there, knowing that it was making rounding bottom pattern.

ITC & HLL are some other examples that though fundamentally sound, but largely bitten ..time & now...How many FA had invested since 2005 in ITC & still holding according to fundamentals I would like to know.

dev mookerji

karthikmarar

All the good TA guys in the forum and the self proclaimed ones have taken pain to answer this rather stupid question... thus vindicating the statement . :D :D

Last edited: