Anna Hajare & The Fairy Tale

columbus

When India started from 1947 it was a zero economy, the same congress which people abuse built dams, roads, power stations, banks, schools, hospitals, post offices and several other govt undertakings.
....with the same congress without corruption ,we would have seen more
dams,more roads,more power stations, more banks, more schools,more hospitals
, more post offices and more Govt undertakings.

If at all we owe to British, then it would be
1.English language
2.Good Rail & Road transportation

casonite

Those blinds with open eyes blame govt/congress and question what govt has done since 55/64 years they should do a introspect and point finger. I mean sitting in front of a computer, with an a/c cooling you or a fan above you, able to write in english and most importantly, blame govt, you all say you got nothing. You got freedom of expression and that does not mean you start abusing govt. When India started from 1947 it was a zero economy, the same congress which people abuse built dams, roads, power stations, banks, schools, hospitals, post offices and several other govt undertakings. What we had than to bulid all this? Did britishers left trillions? We got struck with worst epedmics and droughts soon after independence. But hey, I have freedom to speech and I can blame govt. People kept producing kids and govt is responsible for that also. China attacked our new bulit nation we had to fight unwanted wars, govt is reponisble, right? Not once but twice Pakistan attacked us but govt is useless and did nothing in 64 years. We had untouchable society, ask a person who isn't from high class what changed in 64 years. In name of industries we had Tata and Birla. Now we have PSU navratna, maharatna taking over Reliance in market cap but people still ask what govt did in 64 years? Our banking system is strongest in world but what govt did in 64 years? From 80% agriculture nation on monsoon based economy to one of the superpowers now people ask what govt did in past 64 years. We waste more money on sending sms to TV shows than whole economy's gdp of several African nation but what govt did in 64 years?
Superpower?? You want us to believe that the govt in 65 years has done enough to make india a supwerpower? I also want to belive so and want our country to be a superpower but sadly that's not the current reality. We are way way behind in achieveing that dream. In fact we're called third world country. Meaning India is compared with some of the world's poorest country. Rajiv Gandhi himself admitted that of every rupee that is spent for people not more than 1 paise actually reaches people because of corruption.

consider this...according to The Arjun Sengupta Report (from National Commission for Enterprises in the Unorganised Sector) states that 77% of Indians live on less than 20 a day (about $0.50 per day). The N.C. Saxena Committee report states that 50% of Indians live below the poverty line. The World Bank estimates that 80% of India's population lives on less than $2 a day which means a higher proportion of its population lives on less than $2 per day as compared with sub-Saharan Africa. about 42.5% of the children in India suffer from malnutrition. The World Bank, citing estimates made by the World Health Organization, states that "About 49 per cent of the world's underweight children, 34 per cent of the world's stunted children and 46 per cent of the world's wasted children, live in India. 70% of the population does not have access to clean water and sanitation. The number of billionairs has increased manifold but so has the number of poor people. Rich have become richer and poor have become poorer.
Corrupt people are eating away all the money. If the real money reaches poor people, the day is not far when India will really be a superpowe.

I can go on and on but i do not want to divert the topic of discussion. From the tone of your article it seems your feelings are hurt. If thats so, i am sure it was not any one's intention. But please do not bluff your way into this discussion and think that you've made a great point. What Anna is doing is for you, me and common people like us. Lets get rid of our prejudices, religious\caste\regional\political bias and think for our nation.

Jai hind, Vande Mataram !! Anna Hazare zindabad !!

tradetogain

hi,
i would say in spite of these politicians our country could grow this much,purely due to the efforts of tireless workers in all walks of life.
and THANKS TO THE POLITICIANS we have farmers suicides ,grains rotting in godowns in spite of court interference,2g,3g etc,........

hail the politicians of india

vssoma

dear,
leave US and UK, ect....
just look surrounding of India...most of them are using 3.5G and towards to 4G...and we are stuck in 2G only...still you are saying we are super power....it is a small example only...

praveen taneja

As for lokpal, jokepal and all other pals, can someone tell -

What if tomorrow someone sits onto death against jokepal (short form of Janlokpal)? Who will govt save? Or will govt say let 1 die 1st and we'll agree on who ever is saved. What is gurantee that the side whose agitator dies won't take law in hands?

Who choosed civil soceity.. well it's an old question but no one has answered.. And why civil society is against putting NGO and corporate corruption in jokepal? Just because they run 100s of NGO or they are backed by corporates who were singing love songs in Vibrant Gujarat?

Is it so easy to build a law which is above judicary, administration and parliament within "my said days"? Is govt going to make 2 minutes maggie? That too only "my bill" and on "my will".

Team Anna says they aren't blackmailers. A person sits to die which is attempt to suicide under ipc 309 is just like holding a gun and asking for ransom. Just the difference is gun is triggered at own head. 1 is going to die, you or me (Anna or govt).

Why only govt is being targetted and not opposition? Why is Kejriwal ducks question on opposition but always vocal on govt/congress? Varun Gandhi sits in faour of Anna but has his own set of jokepal drafted. Why didn't he sent jokepal to standing commitee? Kejriwal has single reply to oppostion "we have 9 opposition party as promised by TDP" same TDP didn't even had 3 parties to join hands in big drama before 2009 election which was termed biggest 4th front. Why only some babas and maharajs started negotiating if it's not a RSS backed drama?

Now will the laws of the nation will be built on roads? Tomorrow BJP backed Kashmiri pandits will come and sit for article 307 and bajrang dal will bring it's bandars to make Ram Mandir else so and so will die. Huji, LeT, Hurriyat will bring PoK/Pakistani people in Delhi and instead of blasting bombs they will sit on anshan to make a sperate Kashmir. Parliament or Judicary? To hell with them, we have few lacs frustrated jobless and those who are emotionally fool did nothing for nation and want to get shirt's color up or motivated by some movement or religious fanatics to destablized and dysfunctional govt and blackmail on our deamnds.

Jokepal brings everyone under the law, not only 20 million govt employee but also private self-emplyoeed (but not corporates). And for that jokepal needs almost 10 thousand jokers. Can Kejriwal give guarantee that none out of these will be corrupt? If I'm asked 500 for ration card and I call jokepal, the person who asked bribe pays 1000 to jokepal's joker what will I do than? Also adminitrative corrputions can only be given to highest jokepal committee. A person who is asked for bribe in far east nagaland by Tahseeldar or Patwari has to come to Delhi? And what is guarantee that jokepal won't become Indian Judicary where cases keep pending for ages.

Well anyways, Indian are illogical, emotional and have enough time to watse on things not worthy. I'll be happy if my child is admitted without donation or I get seat in train without any broker doing advance booking and others buying at higher rates or I get my child best studies even though I can't pay lacs to college in name of NRI seat. Can Team Anna promise this? They'll turn and twist the question that we need election reforms, education system reforms blah blah.. I request them instead of making roots of demcracy week try something constructive for nation. Stop fooling people and blackmailing govt in name of changing society.
I am confuse is this ID is of Rahul Gandhi :confused:Kapil Sibbal or of Manish Tiwari:confused:

Better you first read ur Jokepal and listen to team Anna