Angel broking: Cheap brokerage and excellent service.

alroyraj

I read Sharekhan's Tradetiger is a system hog resource hungry software plus many complaints of delayed quotes, etc. Besides their brokerage is too high for intraday traders. I have quite old computer, so Odin minimum requirement is pentium 3 with 128mb ram, will fit me. I am getting all the features i need, will be very happy if i get 0.01% brokerage.
Power India Bulls is the best in this regard. It is not system hungry and quotes are fast even if you add up to 350 scripts on all market watches. Since I use it I can recommend it. However Trade Tiger has additional features that a person trading FnO would appreciate like OI info and the ADX indicator. Indiabulls have an anniversary offer running where you can save on the software charge of 750 Rs plus free commodity account if that interest you.

Last edited:
Hi stocks-placement, you cannot take up this matter to Sebi. I have done some research on brokerage charged on penny stocks. as per the Sebi circular, the maximum brokerage that can be charged by the broker is 2.5%. but for stocks below Rs 10, a broker can charge a brokerage of 25 paisa per share. Thus, if a broker wants he can even charge you 25 paisa per share for cals refinery which is 20 paisa. Hence your brokerage will become more than your investment. And this will still be legal. Sebi cannot do anything about it. Also, angel charges brokerage of 3 paisa per share for any stock below Rs 12. Which I feel is amongst the lowest. Hence this funda of max 2.5% is for stocks whose value is more than 10 rupees.

Last edited:
Hi stocks-placement, you cannot take up this matter to Sebi. I have done some research on brokerage charged on penny stocks. as per the Sebi circular, the maximum brokerage that can be charged by the broker is 2.5%. but for stocks below Rs 10, a broker can charge a brokerage of 25 paisa per share. Thus, if a broker wants he can even charge you 25 paisa per share for cals refinery which is 20 paisa. Hence your brokerage will become more than your investment. And this will still be legal. Sebi cannot do anything about it. Also, angel charges brokerage of 3 paisa per share for any stock below Rs 12. Which I feel is amongst the lowest. Hence this funda of max 2.5% is for stockswhose value is more than 10 rupees.

Last edited:

prst

I checked with angel about contract notes being sent by post.
They are indeed charging for it, though I will never even look at those notes. :(

Thanks to TJ member atleast i came to know about it.
They never mentioned about these charges anywhere.

kdhrubo

Poulomi - thanks for your update. Similar notice has been on HDFC Sec for long long time when you enter the login screen. But having said that and since I have little less IQ than most people, I am a bit confused about the 30RS charges. In HDFC for example it is flat 25 if the brokerage per contract note is less than 25 buks on a day. Now is it the same for Angel? Or they adjust this end of week , end of month, end of quarter year which one? No one seems to have an answer. I will be delighted to hear from you since you seem to be trading with Angel.
The reason I am confused as I said before is one my friend who also opened his account with me traded on KFA last month and he was charged 10P only and not 30RS for the txn BUY 100@71

VijayDT

I checked with angel about contract notes being sent by post.
They are indeed charging for it, though I will never even look at those notes. :(

Thanks to TJ member atleast i came to know about it.
They never mentioned about these charges anywhere.
Dear Prst, if you are not looking at the physical contract then why pay for it: Why not go for e-contract. There is no charge if you opt for e-contract-and it is environmental friendly.
Regards,
VDT

VijayDT

Hi stocks-placement, you cannot take up this matter to Sebi. I have done some research on brokerage charged on penny stocks. as per the Sebi circular, the maximum brokerage that can be charged by the broker is 2.5%. but for stocks below Rs 10, a broker can charge a brokerage of 25 paisa per share. Thus, if a broker wants he can even charge you 25 paisa per share for cals refinery which is 20 paisa. Hence your brokerage will become more than your investment. And this will still be legal. Sebi cannot do anything about it. Also, angel charges brokerage of 3 paisa per share for any stock below Rs 12. Which I feel is amongst the lowest. Hence this funda of max 2.5% is for stocks whose value is more than 10 rupees.
Oh, did not know that the broker can charge 25p for the stocks below the value of 10 rupees. Thank you for the enlightenment.

Power India Bulls is the best in this regard. It is not system hungry and quotes are fast even if you add up to 350 scripts on all market watches. Since I use it I can recommend it. However Trade Tiger has additional features that a person trading FnO would appreciate like OI info and the ADX indicator. Indiabulls have an anniversary offer running where you can save on the software charge of 750 Rs plus free commodity account if that interest you.
@alroyraj

hi...how much exposure are u getting from indiabulls for intraday cash market...for A, B, C, D category stocks nd do you have to call them or limit is open automatically.

Thanks Every one just opened an account with Angel with Amount of 50,000.Account opening is free although they mentioned that they will deduct Rs491 in favour of Demat and Trading account and later refund it back in the next month.Although when i logged in the back office only 40 bucks has been deducted for KYC or something.

These are the charges

This is what is mentioned about charges in the welcome letter

Cash delivery
Min:- 0.30V
Max:- 0.50P

What does 0.30V mean ? Is it 30Paise or 30 Paise on the Volume and Do You think i should bargain further for a reduction in brokerage.

Regards
Park