Amit's Stock Tracker improved version 1.5

swagat86

hi frnds, with the Stock tracker going places, i hav a request to make to all the developers. Y dont u instaed of clicking the refresh button. do something so that the data can refresh automatically after every few seconds. so that the calculations are ready whenever v want. In simple y dont u put an auto refreshalso on the intraday sheet.

murthymsr

gobatman2001 said:
Hi! Satish,

The intraday charts in "Coolworks" are got from finance.yahoo.com that has a 15 minute delay even if you are logged on. Therefore, it's not useful for day trading.

Is there a way to get the charts from nseindia.com becaue then we would get live charts.

Cheers,
Amit
hi amit and sateesh,

it's a good going with your collaborative efffort to deliver somemething most needed by users.

the yahoo quotes are near real time after logging-in for NSE ( delay about one minute - but not tick wise) which is enough for most of the purposes.
however, for BSE, quotes are delayed by 15 Mins.

plese refer the link below.

http://finance.yahoo.com/exchanges

so, you may go ahead with your project with data from yahoo for NSE.

by the way, do you have familiarity with developing a program in VB, without the excel work sheets?

we look forward to your active participationin the Sw development initiave.

all the best,
murthymsr

murthymsr said:
hi amit and sateesh,

it's a good going with your collaborative efffort to deliver somemething most needed by users.

the yahoo quotes are near real time after logging-in for NSE ( delay about one minute - but not tick wise) which is enough for most of the purposes.
however, for BSE, quotes are delayed by 15 Mins.

plese refer the link below.

so, you may go ahead with your project with data from yahoo for NSE.

by the way, do you have familiarity with developing a program in VB, without the excel work sheets?

we look forward to your active participationin the Sw development initiave.

all the best,
murthymsr
Hi! murthymsr Sir,

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

The quotes are delayed by a minute in yahoo finance. But the charts are delayed by 15 minutes even if you are logged on to yahoo.

Can you please do check at your end & confirm also.

Thanks & regards,
Amit

murthymsr

gobatman2001 said:
The quotes are delayed by a minute in yahoo finance. But the charts are delayed by 15 minutes even if you are logged on to yahoo.

Can you please do check at your end & confirm also.

Thanks & regards,
Amit
dear amit,
i was referring to the data alone in my post.
as far as charts are concerned, you are right. they are NOT live, but delayed.

my idea was that we may retrieve the live data from yahoo and convert to standard format, so as to serve as an input to Fcharts, Amibroker and other TA software, so that we may get 1/5/15 min intraday charts displayed. one min charts will serve the purpose of most of us, except those who aspire for tick-by-tick data.

further, logged-in or otherwise, index charts of NSE from yahoo appear to be live.

if you have a different observation, please respond. all the best.
murthymsr

murthymsr said:
dear amit,
i was referring to the data alone in my post.
as far as charts are concerned, you are right. they are NOT live, but delayed.

my idea was that we may retrieve the live data from yahoo and convert to standard format, so as to serve as an input to Fcharts, Amibroker and other TA software, so that we may get 1/5/15 min intraday charts displayed. one min charts will serve the purpose of most of us, except those who aspire for tick-by-tick data.

further, logged-in or otherwise, index charts of NSE from yahoo appear to be live.

if you have a different observation, please respond. all the best.
murthymsr

Hi! murthymsr Sir,
Oops! Sorry for the misunderstanding. I shot the gun.

Regards,
Amit

hi frnds, i had a question. im usin the ver 1.7 to get data from yahoo.But is the intraday data for bse delayed? Im askin this because nse data does match with the tracker but not the Bse data. pls check.
thnaks in advance.

murthymsr

swagat86 said:
hi frnds, i had a question. im usin the ver 1.7 to get data from yahoo.But is the intraday data for bse delayed? Im askin this because nse data does match with the tracker but not the Bse data. pls check.
thnaks in advance.
hi swagat,

please refer to the link (yahoo) below:

yahoo site provides NSE quotes 'live' after logging-in to Yahoo finance, but BSE quotes are delayed by 15 Mins logged-in or otherwise.

hope this may answer your query.

MurthyMSR

What is support and resistance in the below para.
Can anybody explain me?
And how do we get alerts from this excel sheet.
satish_goteti said:
Dear friends,

7. A new sheet with volumes changes and support resistance indications and alerts is also included. Along with a stock's quote the volume on a daily basis is also downloaded and uploaded. The change in volume is also as per previous formatting for quotes. Please note that you have to key in the support and resistance of each stock manually. Depending on what value you key in these, the formula will fetch the today's traded value, and suggets if it is a "sell" candidate or "Hold" candidate. You can change what you want to be shown here if you edit the formula in the formula bar. Please note you have to copy this formula after editing to all rows if you want the changes to be reflected in all rows. If you want to add new scrips, please copy a previous row from columns A to G and paste in the new row and change the scrip name and scrip code and hit get data. It will update the automatic values. This will also automatically copy the formulas for Support/Resistance without any changes required from your end.

Hi Amit,

Nice tool.........And that too with Excel...Hats off to you.....Gem ;)

Well tell me one thing what about the various BSE Indices.....:p
When tried only SENSEX data was downloaded....What about others? :D

Have a nice day
JohnBest