Amit's Stock Tracker improved version 1.5

satish_goteti said:
Sorry I meant intraday values in the "intraday sheet" and not "intraday chart". As of now this excel does not provide any charts. I stand corrected. This is changed in the original post also.
Hi! Satish,

Thanks for your reply.

Any chances of getting intraday charts??? That would be GREAT!!!

Cheers,
Amit

gobatman2001 said:
Hi! Satish,

Thanks for your reply.

Any chances of getting intraday charts??? That would be GREAT!!!

Cheers,
Amit
Currently the intraday sheet is only tracking the day's OHLC and Volumes. If you mean drawing intraday charts, need to work on this a little. Basically what is needed is a new sheet, which will track intraday ticks on a 5 minutes or one hour basis. You could possible use the intraday charts available in other excel trackers here like coolteras "coolworks" in this forum. I will add this to the requests and will see what best I can do.

Keep the feedback coming..

Regards
Satish

MH51 said:
Hi Satish

Good job you have done. Can you also please include the BSE codes to it.

Keep it up :)

Thanks
Mansukh

Hi Mansukh

Thanks for your comments. Am not sure if you have seen the latest version, BSE code's are include in that.

Regards
Satish

Dear Satish;
satish_goteti said:
Thanks for your kind words. Let me know if you find any bugs. Thanks!

Regards
Satish
Thanks for the software. I am happy to see that you modified it as per our requests.
But I have noticed that it stops responding IF the stock list is more than 87 rows. Will u please check it.
Can we add one more column for % Gain/Loss beside profit column.
Thanks once again.

Regards.
GER.

ger06 said:
Dear Satish;

Thanks for the software. I am happy to see that you modified it as per our requests.
But I have noticed that it stops responding IF the stock list is more than 87 rows. Will u please check it.
Can we add one more column for % Gain/Loss beside profit column.
Thanks once again.

Regards.
GER.
Thanks for pointing out about the 87 rows stuff. I will look into it. Meanwhile enjoy the 1.7 version (Available on the first page) with some minor bug fixes and profit % also added :D

hmp

Dear Satish
Thanks For Software. Excellant Attempt!
I Downloaded Latest Essar Oil Data.though Its Up 4.72% On 30 June In Ur Software It Shows Red. Pl. Explain.
Regards
Hmp

satish_goteti said:
Currently the intraday sheet is only tracking the day's OHLC and Volumes. If you mean drawing intraday charts, need to work on this a little. Basically what is needed is a new sheet, which will track intraday ticks on a 5 minutes or one hour basis. You could possible use the intraday charts available in other excel trackers here like coolteras "coolworks" in this forum. I will add this to the requests and will see what best I can do.

Keep the feedback coming..

Regards
Satish
Hi! Satish,

The intraday charts in "Coolworks" are got from finance.yahoo.com that has a 15 minute delay even if you are logged on. Therefore, it's not useful for day trading.

Is there a way to get the charts from nseindia.com becaue then we would get live charts.

Cheers,
Amit

Last edited:
hmp said:
Dear Satish
Thanks For Software. Excellant Attempt!
I Downloaded Latest Essar Oil Data.though Its Up 4.72% On 30 June In Ur Software It Shows Red. Pl. Explain.
Regards
Hmp
Hmp,

I am not sure what you mean here? Are you talking about profit/loss %. This is done by calculating the today's price and subtracting the buy price and looking at what percentage it is from the buy price. For example you bought 100 quantity of a scrip at 100, and today its value is 150, the profit is 5000. and profit% is 50%. It has not got to do with stocks gain/loss% today.

On the other hand, color coding of the scrips daily price/volume movement is based on the previous EOD data of the scrip in the previous column alone (Hopefully you refreshed after close of market the previous date so you have EOD data of the previous date in the previous column).

If you want this to reflect the right color as per the price movement, you need to hit GET DATA on a daily basis after market close, so that you have the EOD data of those scrips and on the next day the change is identified clearly either by Red or Green.

During market hours, if you are logged in to finance.yahoo.com, this will give live quotes else delayed by 20 minutes, so you could use this as a ticker too. I use this very much in my office hours where I cannot login to nse or bse or broker sites...

Am I clear?? Did I miss something? Reply back if that is the case..

Good luck.

Satish

gobatman2001 said:
Hi! Satish,

The intraday charts in "Coolworks" are got from finance.yahoo.com that has a 15 minute delay even if you are logged on. Therefore, it's not useful for day trading.

Is there a way to get the charts from nseindia.com becaue then we would get live charts.

Cheers,
Amit
Nice point and understood what you are looking for. For a techy guy, it takes time to understand the business requirements you see.. ;)

Let me see what we can do here. If we can get a data feed source which gives live quotes in a csv format this doesn't seem to be a difficult thing to do. I will do some research on the data feeds which are realtime. If you are aware of any please let us know.

Cheers
Satish

satish_goteti said:
Nice point and understood what you are looking for. For a techy guy, it takes time to understand the business requirements you see.. ;)

Let me see what we can do here. If we can get a data feed source which gives live quotes in a csv format this doesn't seem to be a difficult thing to do. I will do some research on the data feeds which are realtime. If you are aware of any please let us know.

Cheers
Satish
Hi! Satish,

Thanks a lot for replying. Will look around for data feeds which are in realtime.

Cheers,
Amit