Amibroker For Dummies........a Beginner's Forum On How To Use Amibroker

will this thread serve its purpose?

• yes

Votes: 397 93.2%
  • no

Votes: 29 6.8%

• Total voters

VJAY

I think this is slightly more tricky. When you install AmiBroker, it write some information to the registry. This information also points to the location where you installed Ami. So, if you "install" Ami a second time (say in D drive), the registry information is overwritten to point to the new location in D drive.

For a single installation, you can start multiple copies of AmiBroker and open different databases in each of them. No issues there.

However, if you have a datafeed going that uses COM, it will pick up the Ami pointed to in the registry. When multiple such AmiBrokers have been started the normal way, it results in confusion.

The more appropriate way is to install one AmiBroker in say C drive. Then simply copy this Ami to another location (say, in D drive) so that the registry is not affected. The datafeed that uses COM will work with the AmiBroker installed in C drive. You could manually (using a shortcut, say) open the AmiBroker in D drive and continue to view EOD charts without affecting the datafeed.

But I think that the datafeed that you are using is over-smart, and will not work but report an error saying that duplicate Amis are detected. You should tell the author of the datafeed to make this possible.
Thanks yusi bro.......
I think your utility also rejecting when duplicate ami detected :)...hope you make some adjustments in your next version :)

Dear All,

Requesting your help in getting me understand all the tabs in the backtesting analysis window.

I want to backtest for Intraday- Fixed profit and also intraday-trailing stoploss.

Also requesting all to make me understand the function of each tab and settings required as I am the beginner.

The tabs are:
GENERAL
TRADES
STOPS
REPORTS
PORTFOLIO
WALKFORWARD.

Thanks and Regards,
Manjeet

Dear All,

Requesting your help in getting me understand all the tabs in the backtesting analysis window of Amibroker 5.6.

I want to backtest for Intraday- Fixed profit and also intraday-trailing stoploss.

Also requesting all to make me understand the function of each tab and settings required as I am the beginner.

The tabs are:
GENERAL
TRADES
STOPS
REPORTS
PORTFOLIO
WALKFORWARD.

Thanks and Regards,
Manjeet
Dear All,

Requesting the help of the seniors.Please help me.

Regards,
Manjeet

Last edited:

ethan hunt

When backtesting only partial data is being used by Amibroker, how to correct it so that all the data is backtested in one go.

Eg:
IEOD Data already imported into Amibroker: from Jan 2007 to Dec 2013
On backtesting for all quotes it only shows trades from Jan 2007 till Dec 2007.
I have to backtest again starting from Dec 2007 till date for which it shows trades till Nov 2013 & so on...

a1b1trader

Hi friends

I have IEOD 1 min data for my amibroker for various stocks, since say last one year.
And I want to delete this IEOD data upto June/July 2013 and substitute it with EOD data.

Can you please let me know the procedure to delete this first 6-8 months IEOD data for various stocks.

Thanks

Hi all,

New to his forum and amibroker

Had couple of doubts

Is there any software available which is free and can be used to directly import bavfiles from nse site to amibroker as most of the software I found have limitations of 50 stocks or have turned to premium

I saw a method where we can import the data directly
http://www.traderji.com/introductions/47605-tips-import-bse-nse-bhavcopy-directly-amibroker.html
My question is there there any way to download the csv files of all nse equities rather than manually downloading for each day

niftytaurus

Hi
I dont know much about amibroker & I am also not software savvy person..please help me
by mistake I have deleted EXPONENTIAL MOVING AVERAGE in chart>averages..undo button is disable..I want same indicator..how can I get it back in chart files....
please also tell me if i want to draw 20 ema line on price panel..how to do it ?
thanks

trump

Simply open ur drag and drop folder and find ur indicator.Else from Charts>Indicators you can have, my suggestion please spend some more time with ur software before posting basic questions, I am sure everything will fall into place once ur familiar with the gui.Go and explore more.