• yes

Votes: 397 93.2%
  • no

Votes: 29 6.8%

• Total voters

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Hi All,

Is there any way to test fixed target in AFL.
say suppose i want to SELL a BUY position when my fixed point target complete.
for example i buy a script at 200 and i want to generate a sell signal when price reaches 210. same for short.

thanks
hi, in my opinion it can be done. since afl calculates for all scripts, u have to define ur selling price in% of buyprice(bp).
eg bp = 200+ rs 10 = sellinprice.
so in afl it should be - sp = bp+ (bp*(5/100) ; since 10 is 5%of 200.
i think u know this method of calculation, maybe seniors can give better method. i use simple techniques in afl only.:)
thanks,
regards

hi, in my opinion it can be done. since afl calculates for all scripts, u have to define ur selling price in% of buyprice(bp).
eg bp = 200+ rs 10 = sellinprice.
so in afl it should be - sp = bp+ (bp*(5/100) ; since 10 is 5%of 200.
i think u know this method of calculation, maybe seniors can give better method. i use simple techniques in afl only.:)
thanks,
regards
Hi vijkris,

I am doing back testing and some how confused here.
suppose i want to BUY only when price crosses the high of signal candle + some point filter. If price not touches that point till next signal then it should not be considered in back testing.
can these things are possible in back testing also can these modification can be done in AFL for chart also.

thanks

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Hi vijkris,

suppose i want to BUY only when price crosses the high of signal candle + some point filter. If price not touches that point till next signal then it should not be considered in back testing.
can these things are possible in back testing also can these modification can be done in AFL for chart also.

thanks
hi,
in my opinion for backtesting, u hav to be very specific and accurate in the commands. i m saying bcos i hav spent lot of time( more than a year, backtesting, reverse engineering afl's etc). In amobroker afl, if syntax is correct, it will not show any error, it will backtest watever u write.
1st thing u hav to decide whether it is intraday or positional. bcos buy may be today but sell signal of next day can also be considered in results.
anyway
"suppose i want to BUY only when price crosses the high of signal candle + some point filter"
I think the above is possible with afl,
i wil try to answer after 3.30.
u hav to define and identify "signal candle" properly for correct backtesting.:thumb:
regards

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Hi vijkris,

thanks
hi, try this
eg here signal is close above ema5 ,
buySIG = CROSS(C,EMA5);
BUY1 = VALUEWHEN(BUYSIG,H)+POINTFILTER;
BUY = CROSS(H,BUY1).
This is just rough idea i hav posted. depending on the conditions u may hav to use exrem ,iif functions.
thanks,
regards

bapu4

hi ,
I have downloaded ami6,the latest one but bhavcopy of hemen kapadia is not working(down loaded from cnet ) it has given a file which says .exe.config as extension (not plain .exe) i think thats why it not opening any one can guide?

hi ,
I have downloaded ami6,the latest one but bhavcopy of hemen kapadia is not working(down loaded from cnet ) it has given a file which says .exe.config as extension (not plain .exe) i think thats why it not opening any one can guide?

Dear bapu4

There are 3 files, namely Getbhavcopy.exe.config, Getbhavcopy.pdb, Getbhavcopy.exe presently in the zip file of Getbhavcopy

Please make sure you have all 3 files and then Run Getbhavcopy.exe,
If you didn't find these 3 files , then please download it again from diff. source.

After using trial version of ami broker for one month, can we repeat trial version again?
If yes,how many times?
Or is it compulsory to purchase ami broker once the period of trial version finish?

hi everyone i am new to amibroker,i have been trying to get up an running with afl .
So i have leaned to use buy and sell arrows on rsi indicators
that is when rsi greater than 70 show down arrow for sell and when below 30
use up arrow buy signal.
I am using tick chart that is per second,now what i want to do is put those arrows on live charts.That is when rsi marker goes above 70 i need buy signal that is sell arrow on live chart..can anybody help me with that code?
thank you.

ravi2126

pls help,
i m new to amibroker software want to know
how i can get live tick by tick or intraday chart
i just transfer EOD data from oct 2012 till today...
pls guide...

Last edited:

vijkris

Learner and Follower