already lost 90%!

Re: allready lost 90%

Yes that you told us first

But my query was : have u invested almost all your savings in the stock market , and none in Bank deposits / real estate / gold etc ?

If so , why ? Did you not take anyone's guidance ?

AGILENT

PS Hope you have a steady source of salary or business income , otherwise , friend, you are in deep trouble. And don't mistake us.. we all want to help u ... but want to understand yr situation fully first
no I don't have any other regular source of income, i know i am in deep trouble cause there are many liabilities on me.

no I don't have any other regular source of income, i know i am in deep trouble cause there are many liabilities on me.
We all are with u ... forget abt yr wrong decisions so far

The first thing u have to do is to strictly avoid an aggressive strategy, if u still wish to stay in the market

That means u will have to go replace yr earlier FnO strategy by some 'cash' market investment strategy

In tennis, when u lose ('fault') your first serve, u get another chance, but your second serve is slower (and more defensive), because u dont get a third chance ... r u familiar ?

You also will have to get defensive

And dont expect any quick recovery, if u follow the above advice ... u will have to be patient, and v v selective in yr stock picks

I will pm you my reccos, if u are interested ... no charges, no strings attached. Let me know.

Good luck

AGILENT:)

hi, i am in option trading for quite a long time.

first, i also faced a similar trouble like u, but experience
and knowledge overcame the matter and now if for a situation, if i cant make profit , i also dont loss too much.

but it took long time and experience.

if u seriously want to stay in market , i can share my
experience and resource. u also can PM me for any assistance.
Thank you,
Rajib.

We all are with u ... forget abt yr wrong decisions so far

The first thing u have to do is to strictly avoid an aggressive strategy, if u still wish to stay in the market

That means u will have to go replace yr earlier FnO strategy by some 'cash' market investment strategy

In tennis, when u lose ('fault') your first serve, u get another chance, but your second serve is slower (and more defensive), because u dont get a third chance ... r u familiar ?

You also will have to get defensive

And dont expect any quick recovery, if u follow the above advice ... u will have to be patient, and v v selective in yr stock picks

I will pm you my reccos, if u are interested ... no charges, no strings attached. Let me know.

Good luck

AGILENT:)
Agilent,

It was a very good reply and a comparision to a "fault" in Tennis resembles the market product (futures, cash etc) so much.

Well if playing in Futures is considereas Faulti in Tennis. Playing in CASH Segment can be considered as Net. You can have 2-3 chances after you Net in Tennis.

The thing is, the guy should be really interested to learn trading. He is more worried about Fib. Charts books.

I too was in the same league 2 years back, squablling for the Magic, that will get me my lost money.

A Visit to Traderji has changed all that and rest is history and everyone knows me ( for some of my contributions here).

Even now, i dont trade as professionaly as required, but atleast dont commit the bluders, I used to do before.

As told earlier, we now, I am a learner and still learning TA and all the aspects of trading.

It's upto one to decide, he want quick money or long lasting knowledge.

Satya

Raju

Hi Shobendra ,

I would like to share one more thing with you,My Personal Calculator for Day & Delivery based trading.If you don't have one , just see the attached one and prepare one for your self .I have done this in excel.If you are unable to put formulaes in it.I will mail you the final sheet.(Prepare with your brokerage values in it ..different for day & different for delivery)

Today Techm diff = 59 rupees.Started at 1810...In between it fell down/came up..This continued .Last traded price=1752.95.

Today I played in PSTL also bought at 305...Sold at 310.

I beleive in trying to catch the range in which the share may move.
Techm 10 to 25 & above ...
People make money in shares like PSTL even with 1-2 rupee difference.
Ofcourse quantity is very important.

Please remember, I am sharing only my exp.It is good to learn by other's mistakes and exp.

Raju

Last edited:

Hi Shobendra ,

I would like to share one more thing with you,My Personal Calculator for Day & Delivery based trading.If you don't have one , just see the attached one and prepare one for your self .I have done this in excel.If you are unable to put formulaes in it.I will mail you the final sheet.(Prepare with your brokerage values in it ..different for day & different for delivery)

Today Techm diff = 59 rupees.Started at 1810...In between it fell down/came up..This continued .Last traded price=1752.95.

Today I played in PSTL also bought at 305...Sold at 310.

I beleive in trying to catch the range in which the share may move.
Techm 10 to 25 & above ...
People make money in shares like PSTL even with 1-2 rupee difference.
Ofcourse quantity is very important.

Please remember, I am sharing only my exp.It is good to learn by other's mistakes and exp.

Raju
ThanX Raju
Got ur calculator, but plz tell me some more about this calculator, e.g. how it works , and can i use it for Futures also.
I also like ur idea about tech mahindra. I will track Tech. Mahn. from now.
thanX again for help.
Shobhendra

ThanX Raju
Got ur calculator, but plz tell me some more about this calculator, e.g. how it works , and can i use it for Futures also.
I also like ur idea about tech mahindra. I will track Tech. Mahn. from now.
thanX again for help.
Shobhendra
Shobhendra

Now that u have so much advice before you, make sure you use all of it, as long as the peices do not contradict one another

But more important.. you have to take a serious and vital view of your future strategy ... I mean, whether u want to take a high risk /high gain method of speculation (which includes daytrading), or the low risk / low gain method of value investing

And remember, mastery over maths alone is not a sure way of making money .. if that were so, there would be millions of market billionaires.

Good luck ... whatever u decide

AGILENT

PS U have lost 90% of yr capital (and bulk of yr life savings , it seems) in FnO, and still want to play Futures ??

kkseal

jatayoo

The point here is about treating trading as a business and taking the time to learn the ropes. Trying to make lost money back or trying to make such and such amount every day is a very newbie approach .Ypur job as a trader is to capture certain amount of price range in a risk efficient manner, nothing more nothing less, money is a just a by-product.

CV
:eek:
Can't agree more with CV on this point.

People tend to forget that in other professions it takes at least 4 yrs of professional education and at least a year of on-the-job learning before you are on any kind of career path. Why should it be any different in trading (where the risks are much higher)?

Trading does give you the opportunity to learn-while-you-earn provided you're not too greedy and avoid the high-risk category till you're better prepared for it. (But still you need some knowledge, some strategy to start with)

People blame the mkts, operators and what not when they loose; but more often than not (nearly always) the fault lies 'within' rather than 'without'.

Regards,
Kalyan.

Raju

Hi Shobendra ,

My calc is only for Cash Market ..Day/Delivery..

I am uploading a word file in which I have given a true e.g which i did on last trading day.As i had told u "PSTL"..Using this excel type of sheets u will be able to decide as to price the share should move for u to be in profit.I agree with Agilent as "mastery over maths alone is not a sure way of making money "..but all such tools help u a lot I Beleive at market hrs.

And ofcourse Techm may or may not suit u ...decide after u prepare u'r excel calc with all u'r brokerage values and etc.I track Winston's swing calls also.Just be open to whtever knowledge u get.

My calc is just for getting price difference between buy & sell to be in profit. No way does it tell to which share to buy/sell ..U may get good recos from people like Jai,Winston,Agilent and many other Senior members..I have gained from Jai and Winston's recoms.

Raju

Last edited: