Advance Price Action Trading with Demand Supply & More

Hey guys,

Anyone who trades the stock Havells

Havells has been in a downtrend for the past 1 month and a lot of traders following Conventional strategies/ Momentum based strategies would be looking to ‘follow the trend’ and short this stock.

This brings in a lot of retail Sell orders in the market and presents a great opportunity for Banks and Institutions to get their Buy orders filled.

Recently I’ve noticed Price action structure that could very well be institutions placing buy trades (blue arrows on the H1 Chart)

Since institutions want to get their trades placed at around the same level, this could potentially imply they are placing buy trades to cause a market reversal and take the market upwards

However these arrow could even imply profit taking zones where they are covering their short positions rather than placing buy (long) trades, which is what I’m trying to decipher

Would be interesting to hear your opinions on this

h1.png

AlphaT

Hey guys,

Anyone who trades the stock Havells

Havells has been in a downtrend for the past 1 month and a lot of traders following Conventional strategies/ Momentum based strategies would be looking to ‘follow the trend’ and short this stock.

This brings in a lot of retail Sell orders in the market and presents a great opportunity for Banks and Institutions to get their Buy orders filled.

Recently I’ve noticed Price action structure that could very well be institutions placing buy trades (blue arrows on the H1 Chart)

Since institutions want to get their trades placed at around the same level, this could potentially imply they are placing buy trades to cause a market reversal and take the market upwards

However these arrow could even imply profit taking zones where they are covering their short positions rather than placing buy (long) trades, which is what I’m trying to decipher

Would be interesting to hear your opinions on this

View attachment 39473
My opinion on this is that there are insti(s) on both sides at play here. Probably one set of insti(s) are exiting and the other set is entering given the price behaviour. Take a look at the weekly and see how the SZs are getting respected. Those set of insti(s) who were part of the previous bull run in this stock are definitely booking out and another set with acceptable perceived value are buying around the 640 level but the selling is definitely slightly heavier that the buying that's going on.

1577271890403.png

My opinion on this is that there are insti(s) on both sides at play here. Probably one set of insti(s) are exiting and the other set is entering given the price behaviour. Take a look at the weekly and see how the SZs are getting respected. Those set of insti(s) who were part of the previous bull run in this stock are definitely booking out and another set with acceptable perceived value are buying around the 640 level but the selling is definitely slightly heavier that the buying that's going on.

View attachment 39487
Yup supply zones are yet being respected as you said, which got me thinking maybe they are covering short positions, rather than placing new long positions. We'll just have to wait it out and see what happens