A view on commodities

narangji

Harsh Reality

from 3170- 3130 in less then 4 seconds.... sharp at 9:00 and within next 4 seconds...came the drop. How quick one needs to be to open sell window decide a price to sell and press sell and then submit enter the password required to trade in less then 4 seconds. Anyone manage to do it and how

narangji

So much for last night's lower than expected API build, DOE data shows a massive build compared to the 3.95 mm barrels expected: *CRUDE OIL INVENTORIES ROSE 10.30 MLN BARRELS, EIA SAYS This is the 8th build in a row and biggest weekly inventory rise in 14 years.

DSM

I usually get a message on Trade Tiger terminal from ShareKhan on inventory data after a minute (did not receive it today though). The comparison to be made is of data between the actual inventory and expected inventory. If the actual inventory is higher than expected, then the price should go down and vice versa. But it is not simple as that. Often, Crude and NG will do the opposite of expected, and the volatility of price thereafter can take off the positions of shorts as well as long.

Catch is the unofficial Commodity Research Analyst on this thread :) and had pointed out that API (American Petroleum Institute) provides the crude inventory data one day ahead to its subscribers, and the inventory figures are known to the big guys in advance, and they are positioned to trade accordingly...

I don't keep a position open at the time of inventory release, and 5-10 minutes of the data, may take a small position with a SMALL SL. If the chart does not make sense, I just avoid trading.

My 2C.

Can you link where to see US inventory at sharp 9:00 and also clear me on when if inventory is less go long and if inventory is more go short correct?

Aman1

Had a small position a sell at 3176 and fortunately crude moved in my favour. Exited at second target at 3136. This do not happen always though on every wednesday as inventory data comes.

DSM

Posting chart of Cardamom for a fellow trader.