A view on commodities

singsanjay09

Respected Seniors and Friends, my trade for Crude oil current month as of 24.12.14,stoped out @trigg price 3603 and buy price 3603, but my chart's high is only 3602 at 19.10 bar high., I am using Odin extracted data.
Requesting one who uses esignal's or GFDL's data plz confirm.

REGARDS,
Sanjay Singh.

DSM

Hi Sanjay,

Just checked TradeTiger to respond to your query, however, the contract details of crude are only for expiry date of Jan-16 the high for which is 3,647

Respected Seniors and Friends, my trade for Crude oil current month as of 24.12.14,stoped out @trigg price 3603 and buy price 3603, but my chart's high is only 3602 at 19.10 bar high., I am using Odin extracted data.

REGARDS,
Sanjay Singh.

singsanjay09

Hi Sanjay,

Just checked TradeTiger to respond to your query, however, the contract details of crude are only for expiry date of Jan-16 the high for which is 3,647
Thank you sir for responce but actualy I want to know 19.10 bar high(pivot high there) of Crude Jan16.

DSM

O.k. Checked for the high bar quoted on Jan. Crude contract. The high as per tick data from Sharekhan is 3,602. So you may have a point. Attached data is copied below.

REGARDS,
Sanjay Singh.

Hello Sanjay/DSM

possible to have such a trade that is valid,

there is long winded reasoning about how the exchange splice trade/data with a freq 4/sec and combines and pushes it (not true tic by tic data) etc, etc . . .
in short the high/lows can be false by a tick or 2 even in official exchange data . . .

If you are in doubt about genuineness of the trade, for finding out valid trades executed on exchange, use the validation facility provided on the exchange websites.

Happy :)

Hi All,

I am new to trading. I found this post very interesting and educative. Thanks to all seniors for such a wonderful thread. Keep it going so that new traders like me can keep on learning from it.

Regards,
NBB:thumb:

sangram1705

Above chart is of mcx crude

This is NYMEX crude
totally confused. Taken 3 trades all SL hit, Loss 3500 Rs. Just see the nymex chart, although support broken in nymex in mcx it is not so. if one looks into detail there are more differences.
market taught me a lesson on 26-12.

Better one should refer to nymex crude only. Has anyone ever felt so. pl opine

DSM

Hi Sangram,

Just my thoughts :

* The MCX and NYMEX contracts have to be compared keeping the expiry in mind. The price impact of the near/next contract for crude will not be similar, so you should be comparing similar contracts.

* Another reason for dissimilarity for the price moves in MCX/NYMEX is that while NYMEX contract is $ denominated, the MCX contract is in INR. So besides the change in Crude price in NYMEX, the rupee movement USDINR has also to be factored in. Say there is no change in price movement in crude, but rupee moves 1% down against the USD, and if the price of crude has been say 3,600 the price factoring USDINR for crude should be 3600+36 i.e 3,636

Above chart is of mcx crude

This is NYMEX crude
totally confused. Taken 3 trades all SL hit, Loss 3500 Rs. Just see the nymex chart, although support broken in nymex in mcx it is not so. if one looks into detail there are more differences.
market taught me a lesson on 26-12.

Better one should refer to nymex crude only. Has anyone ever felt so. pl opine