5paisa - Charges that my RM doesnt understand either

Hi,

I am some what new to trading and am currently using 5Paisa's Trader Terminal platform for online trading. I am billed with the following two type of charges every month:

1. To Being Intersettlement/Beneficiary charges
2. To CDSL DP Bills

My RM, who is a total jerk, doesn't know what these are. Or may be he is pretending to not knowing about it. I used to trade in Reliance Money before and never saw such charges. Can some one please explain to me what these charges are?

Thanks,
nobreaks

Same with me i also asked my RM but he not know..... i pay 1000-1000 thousands around each ..due to many hidden charges i leavingarges india infoline and starting with angel.....can u tell me is there also this type hidden charges and if somebody have knowledge abt these can help how to reduce these thrugh intra day or something......

alroyraj

Same with me i also asked my RM but he not know..... i pay 1000-1000 thousands around each ..due to many hidden charges i leavingarges india infoline and starting with angel.....can u tell me is there also this type hidden charges and if somebody have knowledge abt these can help how to reduce these thrugh intra day or something......
I was also looking to open at Angel. Angel too has these esp inter settlement charges.The link to the DP charges is there on this forum somewhere.
DP charges are always there for all brokers but the amount varies. In Angel it is Rs 11. Inter settlement charges are there in IIFL, Angel and Sharekhan and not there in Indiabulls ( am sure ).

VijayDT

I was also looking to open at Angel. Angel too has these esp inter settlement charges.The link to the DP charges is there on this forum somewhere.
DP charges are always there for all brokers but the amount varies. In Angel it is Rs 11. Inter settlement charges are there in IIFL, Angel and Sharekhan and not there in Indiabulls ( am sure ).
The Depository(NSDL and CDSL) charges the settlement charge to the Depository Participants (DP )when a stock is offered for the settlement of a trade for our cash market delivery trades(bear in mind it is only for a cash market), and a broker would recover it in one form or the other from his clients, if a brokerage is high, then he may not recover. It is better we understand what are the charges for different services offered by any brokerage house? One needs to look at the total cost of transaction and not just at one component per se(no settlement charges can be a bait). At the end of the day there are no free lunches, and we need to understand this transparency is in our benefit. Look at it another way, If a brokerage has included this settlement charge in his brokerage, and we trade in FnO segment, it would mean an additional revenue to him because trades on fno are not settled by stocks. Hence, we should check the cost of per transaction at the end of the day.
Regards,
VDT

aryan.

Sharekhan does not charge any DP bills but there is minimum brokerage of 16 Rs for sell side.

So one way or another brokers recover the amount from customers.

meena07

hi i am a novice in this field trying to choose a good broker to start with..can u guys suggest me choosing one and with the brokerage calculation
Hi,
If u are doing ( or wish to do) trading/investing on ur own and do not require dealer's help for placing orders/recommendations.....then BEST ANSWER is ZERODHA.....

I am also a novice and suffered with broker....no i did not entertained their calls, but fed up of charges. I was searching for good broker and Zerodha is the one. No matter whether ur turnover is in thousands or millions....same brokerage for all.....

GO....GET IT.

Last edited: