Status
Not open for further replies.

PGDIMES

Thank for reply. Your website mentions that for address proof u accept only BSNL bill. Wat abt bank statement as address proof ? That also we i can provide ICICI BANK, HDFC BANK or i've to submit only for nationalized bank ?

Ashish,

Send e-mails directly to [email protected]... u will get reply within 15-20(max) min... it will be better that way than asking in this forum... best of luck... :)

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

I have a question about shares which my mother owns since more than 5 years.
Now to sell the shares is there a 20% capital gains tax if i transfer the shares in my name and sell within 2 years? If yes, then selling the shares by opening a demat account in my mothers name wud help me avoid the tax?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Avi,

Shares that come to you as inheritance or those which are given to you as a gift from immediate family members(father, mother, wife), if when received fall under long term capital gains exemption, it will continue to do so...

In short, you can receive it and sell it, without paying any short term capital gains tax....

Enjoy the gift... ;)...

Zerodha

Please tell me how to place order in zerodha.
My account is opened today.order should be placed in backoffice or nse now?
how to transfer fund?
Hey Snooper,

Backoffice is for checking all your historical details.... All the live trades, updates etc will happen on the NOW terminal..

Go to youtube and search for askzerodha , we have a bunch of videos, start from the video which says getting started, should take you through the whole process... If you are still having any trouble, send an email to [email protected] and we can give you a web demo...

Zerodha

Thank for reply. Your website mentions that for address proof u accept only BSNL bill. Wat abt bank statement as address proof ? That also we i can provide ICICI BANK, HDFC BANK or i've to submit only for nationalized bank ?
Hi Ashish any of the following address proofs would do : (Driving License, Election ID, Passport, Bank Statement {Latest 1
month}, Latest BSNL Landline Bill)

ICICI or HDFC would do, but make sure they are not the statements that you download after logging into their website... Statements need to have a logo on it, so either the statements that they send by email or those which you receive physically from the bank would do...

Hi Avi,

Shares that come to you as inheritance or those which are given to you as a gift from immediate family members(father, mother, wife), if when received fall under long term capital gains exemption, it will continue to do so...

In short, you can receive it and sell it, without paying any short term capital gains tax....

Enjoy the gift... ;)...
Hi Zerodha,

Thats cool, request you to elaborate more on what needs to be done to avail the transfer as gifts. Coz i have couriered the shares to the company for transfer to my name already.

:D

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

Thats cool, request you to elaborate more on what needs to be done to avail the transfer as gifts. Coz i have couriered the shares to the company for transfer to my name already.

:D
Avi, this would have to be done by your CA. It is a small entry he has to make when you receive the shares and when you sell them....

Zerodha

Tie up with FT for MCX platform today. State of the art Co-located servers(with backup) at data center managed by FT near MCX to ensure lowest latency and highest reliability of the trading platform. Do give us feedback or write to us on [email protected] on all your requirements from an ideal commodity broker...

You would get
1. Low cost, Rs 20/executed order with no commitment or no software charges.

2. This tie up with FT ensures the fastest and most reliable performance on ODIN.

3. Excellent Customer Support.

Do let us know of requirements other than those above....

Status
Not open for further replies.