Zerodha....

Discussion in 'Brokers & Trading Platforms' started by bharath.mang, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zerodha

Zerodha Well-Known Member

Re: new cheapest broker is here. Zerodha

1) 50% of Span margin is all that is required for you to take an intraday future position. You can take a intraday nifty future position with only around 11000 in your account. If you want to keep it for overnight, then you need bring in the entire margin to hold the position( around 32000).
    2) Yes, you can always call us up to place your trades. Call n Trade facility would cost 20Rs for the call.
    3)Our square offs start presently at 3.15pm and looking at starting at 3.20pm very soon because of popular request. The position would be squared off to the extent you have margin to hold according to exchange set margin. So, for nifty if you have bought 9 lots of nifty with 1lk in your account, at 3.20pm, 6 lots would be squared off as the margin in your account can hold only 3 lots.
    5) Yes you can link the sharekhan DP as long as you don't do any delivery based equity trading. We have put a request with the exchange to help us fasten the process of account opening. If everything is through, we will start opening trading accounts in 1hrs time from the time we receive the documents very soon. Account opening cost: Rs 300 and no other costs(amc, software etc etc)..

Cheers.... Sachin....

Piuvbn and azaidi like this.
  2. Zerodha

For all the people who are on facebook, do join our page..We are planning to make this the most functional facebook application by any Indian broker.. Cheers ... Hari...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zerodha/152751141403042

comm4300 likes this.
  3. daanfar

daanfar New Member

I had been to Zerodha's office in Bangalore. I got the application form and very eager to join them at the earliest. The NSE now platform, the ticking, office setup, zerodha team, dedication to grow and profit while thinking about the profits of their clients, etc. only one word to describe 'amazing' i have not seen a brokerage firm like this. I wish, rather i am sure they are going to be the best brokerage firm in India very soon. Best Wishes for ZERODHA and to their clients. for me too coz i will be one of their clients soon.

Farooq, Vellore, TN

azaidi and comm4300 like this.
  4. kakadia

kakadia New Member

5. gainlossgain

gainlossgain Member

can we use the margin from demat holdings for intraday buya and sell of future and options

6. kakadia

kakadia New Member

Thanks. Yea may be I am not an active/big trader like you. I never cared about those small charges while I traded earlier but need to now.
    well, you see the difference, in the rate of transaction charges, between what zerodha replied and what you see on the link given by you?
    is it 0.05% or 0.08% for options?

7. comm4300

comm4300 Well-Known Member

Review:
    Someone actually bothered to call me to inform that my application courier has been received and that it'll take a week's time to process. Good job.

Zerodha:
    As you grow is size [which you will in no time] please do not change your customer service model - don't go for outsourcing, do not go for email "templates" that is just copied and pasted in reply, do not go for lengthy IVR.
    make sure your technical team takes a course on telephone ethics [try not to hire tech. ppl from RKG,Angel or Reliance]
    Have a escalation matrix ready if need be.

All the best. And thank you.

8. eey0069

eey0069 New Member

Out of curiosity, And what sort of request is that? :D
    And when can we expect this to happen? :)

9. Zerodha

... Basically if you walk into our office, you can walkout with a trading account assuming you want to open just a trading account. None of the brokers do it, but it is possible. Presently, we take 1 day to open trading account from the time we have the correct documents. To open it within a day and also making it live we need to inform about the system we are putting in place to cross verify the KYC documents. We are hoping that very soon, you can walk into our office and walkout trading on your mobile. :)
    As I had said before, Rupert Murdoch had said: The world is changing very fast. Big will not beat small anymore. It will be the fast beating the slow.

We are trying to be as fast as possible... :)

10. gainlossgain

gainlossgain Member

say i refer a trader who takes up percentage brokerage in cash segment. the .1% and .01% what does the associate (in this case me)get for trades done in this case...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.