Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Re: new cheapest broker is here. Zerodha

Whew! That was quite a lot of posts to cover in one go! :D

Zerodha is definitely on my radar now. But being someone who relies quite a lot on technicals, I have a couple of queries regarding TAME:
1) Someone mentioned the data lag to be 30 seconds. Is that true?
2) Also, could you list the studies currently available in TAME? (I'm guessing this shouldn't be tough, as it is consistently mentioned that the charting capabilities are limited)

Finally could you/someone please send a screenshot of TAME in action? Maybe this could actually be the solution to my 2nd question.

Thanks.
Hi,

Yes TAME is delayed by 30 Seconds and hence not an ideal tool for intraday traders to follow...
Find an attachment of all the studies on the screenshot with the post..
NOW, the trading terminal is the fastest trading platform in the country today and also has charting which is live. The charting features available on the trading terminal is similar to the one available on ODIN. The NOW team has informed us about their endeavor to improve charting on the NOW terminal.

Cheers..

Last edited:

Zerodha

i have the following queries:

1. as mentioned above, in NSE NOW what is the updation delay times, is it immediate or 5 minutes delay or 2 minutes delayed price is seen by us. If the updation that we see on NSE NOW is more than more than 5 seconds, it means that we will loose out on opportunities.

2. normally during heavy traffic, to website or NSE NOW, the program freezes, is any such possible there with NSE NOW or website. Take for example on 16th November, 2010 due to the fall, ICICIDIRECT F&O was not accessable due to huge traffice and i incurred a loss, would that be the case with NSE NOW and Zerodha Website trading.

Please advise.
Hi,

NSE NOW is not delayed, it is live and one of the fastest trading platforms to trade in INDIA. The reason it is fast is because you are connected to the exchange servers directly and not looking at a brokers server. NSE TAME a charting tool that NSE provides, which is no way related to NSE NOW the trading platform is delayed.

Best part of trading on NOW is you don't have to rely on a brokers server and hence don't have to face the issues that people usually face with other brokers. Typically with brokers, the order first goes to their servers adn then to the exchange server. So, if the brokers server is having a problem, you will face problem placing your trades. With NSE NOW, you don't have to go through a brokers server, you are placing orders directly on NSE servers and hence you will never have any such issues..

Cheers....

Zerodha

Dear Zerodha, Well, I have already received forms and going to open the account. But what about scrips we held which are being traded on BSE only? In other words, we have to continue our accounts with other brokers who all offer NSE and BSE both. Please clarify. Thanks in advance.
You can keep the shares in our dp even if they trade only on BSE. But if you wish to sell them , you will have to do it through some other broker. Cheers...

zerodha,

I have a question on charges.
I understand that the brokerage is Rs. 20/trade for options.
Someone has uploaded his zerodha contract notes on this thread earlier. I was looking at that and here are the charges mentioned in that:

Transaction chrgs: 1694.39
Service Tax: 185.44
Edu. cess: 3.88
H.Edu cess: 1.69
STT: 147
Stamp. Chrgs: 21.18
Sebi Chrgs: 3.54
Total Brokerage: 160

I can understand the brokerage of 160 as he placed 8 orders(8x20=160).
But how about other charges? May I know based on what and how much are those other charges applied(esp. transaction chrgs)?

zerodha,

Someone has uploaded his zerodha contract notes on this thread earlier. I was looking at that and here are the charges mentioned in that:

But how about other charges? May I know based on what and how much are those other charges applied(esp. transaction chrgs)?
The very fact that you are asking this question makes it obvious that you have NEVER traded before. Please go through this thread -

http://www.traderji.com/introductions/36982-charges-other-than-brokerage-stock-exchange-transactions.html

hi zerodha.
i have recieved your a/c opening forms. i wish to know that if i open a demat a/c with ilfs & i take overnight positions in nifty options, will ilfs provide margin funding at 14% as mentioned by u earlier. if yes, what will i need to do to avail that.

hi zerodha.
i have recieved your a/c opening forms. i wish to know that if i open a demat a/c with ilfs & i take overnight positions in nifty options, will ilfs provide margin funding at 14% as mentioned by u earlier. if yes, what will i need to do to avail that.

Zerodha

zerodha,

Hi,

The contract note you saw, the client had bought and sold almost 600 contracts of nifty... The Transaction charges( NSE +turnover charges) for options is 8000 Rs/ crore of premium traded. He had traded almost 21lks of premium and hence the transaction charge.. Service tax is 10% of transaction charge+brokerage. The reason transaction charge looks high is because he had bought and sold amounting to 57000 nifty( 1140 lots).. Hope this helps.. cheers...

Hi zerodhaonline,
More than four years I am fighting with many trading platforms and incurred losses due to failure of servers & problems in order placing. It is very interesting to hear about NOW, which is directly linked with NSE servers.:clapping:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to open a/c with you. Kindly clarify the following.
1) Leverage:- What is the margin amount need to trade one lot of nifty/ stock future for intraday and overnight position?
2) Suppose if my system fails or having disconnection from net, can I get your rep. thro' phone immedietly to close any existing position?
3) I have seen from one of your previous post that all existing orders will be squared off automatically after 3 PM. Is it applies for FNO also? If not, when will you ask to add additional margin money for FNO overnight position?
4) Since I am trading only FNO intraday and rarely positional, can I link with Sharekhan DP? What are the chareges to open only trading a/c.?
thanks.

Zerodha

hi zerodha.
The margin funding account will give you leverage only on delivery positions. Basically if you have 1 lk in your account you can buy 2.85 times of delivery position with that funds. You can't use the 2.85 times to take position in futures and options..... Sachin...

Status
Not open for further replies.