Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: new cheapest broker is here. Zerodha

Dear zerodha,

can i use margin of my holdings for carrying forward f&o positions

say if i have 70000rs worth of holding in demat account, can i carry forward my short sale of nifty call option

Dear zerodha

what is the margin requirement for shorting one out of money call nifty 6200....give me your exact amount..not for intraday

Zerodha

Dear zerodha

what is the margin requirement for shorting one out of money call nifty 6200....give me your exact amount..not for intraday
The margin required for underlying future is the margin that would be required to short an option..
So, with us
If you want to short 6200 call, margin required would be:
1. intraday: 12000
2. overnight: 32000

For overnight position, the premium received would get credited to your account next day. So if 100 was the premium received, the net amount blocked would be 32000-5000 = 27000...

Cheers...

Zerodha

Whew! That was quite a lot of posts to cover in one go! :D

Zerodha is definitely on my radar now. But being someone who relies quite a lot on technicals, I have a couple of queries regarding TAME:
1) Someone mentioned the data lag to be 30 seconds. Is that true?
2) Also, could you list the studies currently available in TAME? (I'm guessing this shouldn't be tough, as it is consistently mentioned that the charting capabilities are limited)

Finally could you/someone please send a screenshot of TAME in action? Maybe this could actually be the solution to my 2nd question.

Thanks.

i have the following queries:

1. as mentioned above, in NSE NOW what is the updation delay times, is it immediate or 5 minutes delay or 2 minutes delayed price is seen by us. If the updation that we see on NSE NOW is more than more than 5 seconds, it means that we will loose out on opportunities.

2. normally during heavy traffic, to website or NSE NOW, the program freezes, is any such possible there with NSE NOW or website. Take for example on 16th November, 2010 due to the fall, ICICIDIRECT F&O was not accessable due to huge traffice and i incurred a loss, would that be the case with NSE NOW and Zerodha Website trading.

Please advise.

Dear Zerodha, Well, I have already received forms and going to open the account. But what about scrips we held which are being traded on BSE only? In other words, we have to continue our accounts with other brokers who all offer NSE and BSE both. Please clarify. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.