Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Re: new cheapest broker is here. Zerodha

I have been with Bajaj Capital for past one year and my plan is going to end Dec 21, 2010. And I was tensed how am I going to trade huge volumes in Index Options, ZERODHA seems to be a saviour. Just today and 10.30pm I got to know about this and the excitement has no bounds. Hope to meet personally in Bangalore very soon and very eagerly hope that trading with them increases the excitement without any hassles in the NSE NOW Platform and increases profitability too.

Farooq, Chennai
Looking forward to meeting you at our office in Bangalore...

Zerodha

need clarification.

As per Zerodha, brokerage for Intraday is 0.01 and for delivery it is 0.1.

If i buy shares for 1000Rs. for intraday my brokerage will be 0.01*1000= Rs.10

or

(0.01/100)*1000 ????
There are 2 plans with us

Plan A: 20rs/executed order , buy and sell as much of equity(intraday or delivery) and derivatives(futures and options)..

Plan B: 0.01% for intraday cash, 0.1% for delivery and 20rs/executed order(derivatives)

Plan B was devised keeping in mind the interest of traders whose volumes are less than Rs10,000.

For your question: It will be 0.01% of Rs 1000 which is Rs 10/-. One of the value adds for smaller traders is, we don't have no minimum brokerage. If you buy for Rs 100, the only thing you would pay be Rs 0.01.

Cheers....

Zerodha

It's on days like today that one appreciates the importance of lower brokerage.
For professional or active traders, trading is a business. And in any business the secret of making money is to keep the overheads as less as possible. We need to look at cost of trading in a longer term basis.

A simple question to ask is: If you do 1 nifty trade a day and if your nifty breakeven is around 8 points. 250 trading days in a year, can you catch 2000 points on nifty just to breakeven every year??? cheers.....

@Zerodha.

This is where am confused. It is 1 paise or 0.01% (percent). If it is calculated as 0.01%, then it will be 0.01% x 1000Rs=(0.01/100)*1000= 0.1
am i right?

Also is it limited to traders who trade less than Rs.10000 ?? If i wish to trade with Rs.15000 or more, I cannot opt for 0.01% brokerage??

Zerodha

@Zerodha.

This is where am confused. It is 1 paise or 0.01% (percent). If it is calculated as 0.01%, then it will be 0.01% x 1000Rs=(0.01/100)*1000= 0.1
am i right?

Also is it limited to traders who trade less than Rs.10000 ?? If i wish to trade with Rs.15000 or more, I cannot opt for 0.01% brokerage??

Yes you are right, for buying 1000rs you would be paying 0.1 rs....
There are no limits.... Rs 10000 was just an example I was giving.. you could buy for 15000 or more in the same plan and pay nothing more... cheers...

Thank you.

we pay Just 10 paise as brokerage per 1000 Rs we spend???

thats really great!! But how do you guys maintain the profit? whats your business strategy sir? . unless and untill you guys generate enormous volume you wont be able to generate enough profit, right?

Hi Anandbsbs,

Have u opened a demat account with zerodha?

If opened an account with zerodha, are u satisfied with the brokerage charges and customer service ?

I m also interested in opening a trading account with them for fno trading purpose.

Regards,

Partha Sur

gunavadhi

hello zerodhaonline,say i have 50 percent span margin for 1 lot BNF only in my ac.i bought 1 lot BNF at 12000 and hold that till 3.10 placing trailing sl at 12050 and at 3.10 BNF is at 12070.i leave that open.then you cover it yourself?is that process automated?if its closed by you at 12060 what will be my brokerage?and if there is any penalty levied for leaving open my positions?

@ zerodhaonline
I am interested to open an account with you ( Hope you are a Zerodha Rep). Could you please send me forms and required formalities to mail ID [email protected].

Does Zerodha have any branches in Bangalore if yes could you please pass the contact #.
And also could you please drop me your e-mail ID I need couple of information.

Thanks
Baz

Status
Not open for further replies.