Trading with OBV - for Beginners only !!

Anyone please back test for past 6 months the" 5 period obv on BankNIFTY daily chart " as suggested by Varun sir for positional trades .

Anyone please post as many people may benefit by the same .

Thanks

Anyone please back test for past 6 months the" 5 period obv on BankNIFTY daily chart " as suggested by Varun sir for positional trades .

Thanks
I am ready to test but can you please clarify the following
1. 5 Period OBV .. how do I plot it??
2. TF is daily???

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

vijkris

Learner and Follower

Thanks
I am ready to test but can you please clarify the following
1. 5 Period OBV .. how do I plot it??
2. TF is daily???

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
Hi guys,
At the moment we r focussed on purely intraday in this thread. Xray ji will post some stuff related to 3tf. Myself already posted basic rules and afl related to 1tf ribbon and ema method.

If u load the basic ribbon Afl then in parameters there is option to change the period
From 15 to 5. Tf is daily i think, i dont remember....

XRAY27

Hi guys,
At the moment we r focussed on purely intraday in this thread. Xray ji will post some stuff related to 3tf. Myself already posted basic rules and afl related to 1tf ribbon and ema method.

If u load the basic ribbon Afl then in parameters there is option to change the period

Vijay i have moved to members area for 3 min and also 1 min stuff with logic, once it is finished we both can answer in this thread only..as this will keep members free from confusion !!! :D

Below is the link !!!

EXPERIMENTS WITH OBV

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Vijay i have moved to members area for 3 min and also 1 min stuff with logic, once it is finished we both can answer in this thread only..as this will keep members free from confusion !!! :D

Below is the link !!!

EXPERIMENTS WITH OBV
The one that you mentioned as 'play area', is that a decision area?, wasn't it a no play zone?

Vivek

XRAY27

The one that you mentioned as 'play area', is that a decision area?, wasn't it a no play zone?

Vivek
bhai !!! decision area is place when there is visual distance between these line is big with which we can entry a trade !!! when this DP are near to each other it can be no play area which is bound to take support or hold resistance... i have just posted that to make newbie learn what i want to say :D ...for pro like you it is easy to understand

Last edited:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
bhai !!! decision area is place when there is visual distance between these line is big with which we can entry a trade !!! when this DP are near to each other it can be no play area which is bound to take support or hold resistance... i have just posted that to make newbie learn what i want to say :D ...for pro like you it is easy to understand
Understood all except that I am a pro???

Vivek

Aman1

Hi guys,

To make life easier for myself I have also come up with a variation of OBV method. Would like to share after a bit more testing may be Next week if you guys permit me.:p

XRay ji :)

240 on 3, can be considered to represent EMA 14/12 on Hourly

but bhai please tell me how 20 EMA on 3 minutes represents 5 EMA on Hourly ?

Point 2: wrt your experimentation

On the OBV charts you are plotting PDC of OBV
have you tried plotting H & L values for PD & -2D of OBV
similar to what you do for price chart

Will these values also work as S/R Zones ???

Happy :)