Trading with OBV - for Beginners only !!

wisp

It looks like if PDC bias and Gap are in opposite directions, jhand until price stablizes and takes direction from OBV.

XRAY27

XRay ji :)

240 on 3, can be considered to represent EMA 14/12 on Hourly

but bhai please tell me how 20 EMA on 3 minutes represents 5 EMA on Hourly ?

Point 2: wrt your experimentation

On the OBV charts you are plotting PDC of OBV
have you tried plotting H & L values for PD & -2D of OBV
similar to what you do for price chart

Will these values also work as S/R Zones ???

Happy :)
Bhai with the data i trade based on continue chart of BNF it is around that area 5 EMA !!!

Question )

Point 2: wrt your experimentation

On the OBV charts you are plotting PDC of OBV
have you tried plotting H & L values for PD & -2D of OBV
similar to what you do for price chart

Will these values also work as S/R Zones ???

Ans) i have not tested

XRAY27

It looks like if PDC bias and Gap are in opposite directions, jhand until price stablizes and takes direction from OBV.
OBV almost Jhand in Gap's !!! :lol: Price is jhand after gaps :mad:

XRAY27

Gaps are Price change with Zero Volume, so OBV is not in play at all . . .

OBV tells us about follow through Volume . . .

Happy :)
:eek: :eek: anyways no comment !!! :D

vijkris

Learner and Follower
The one that you mentioned as 'play area', is that a decision area?, wasn't it a no play zone?

Vivek
bhai !!! decision area is place when there is visual distance between these line is big with which we can entry a trade !!! when this DP are near to each other it can be no play area which is bound to take support or hold resistance... i have just posted that to make newbie learn what i want to say :D ...for pro like you it is easy to understand
Understood all except that I am a pro???
Vivek
vivek protrader bhai, do we enter in a trade if visual distance between DPs are large...? If yes, what is the criteria ?
in 15th march eg. Dps are close, so they are S/R..
btw, full form of DP kya hai ? :eek:

To make life easier for myself I have also come up with a variation of OBV method. Would like to share after a bit more testing may be Next week if you guys permit me.:p
Amanji, If possible try to post ur rules immediately with a disclaimer that it is half tested..
Reason I am saying this because by next week, this thread will cross 100 posts.. Anything after 100 posts will be difficult to dig up..
I have posted my variation of rules, xray ji asked me to submit backtest report.. I am hoping someone else is also backtesting with my variation.

If u post ur variation, along with u someone else may also backtest..
-----------------------X---------------------------------X------------------

BTW, i Just saw my attendance Trading is very very poor in March, until now..
Problem is If i start trading, I wont backtest. If i backtest then i don't trade..:annoyed:
So I have firmly decided to finalise everything by this sunday..

So pls come up with the variations as soon as possible. :thumb:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
vivek protrader bhai, do we enter in a trade if visual distance between DPs are large...? If yes, what is the criteria ?
in 15th march eg. Dps are close, so they are S/R..
btw, full form of DP kya hai ? :eek:

Amanji, If possible try to post ur rules immediately with a disclaimer that it is half tested..
Reason I am saying this because by next week, this thread will cross 100 posts.. Anything after 100 posts will be difficult to dig up..
I have posted my variation of rules, xray ji asked me to submit backtest report.. I am hoping someone else is also backtesting with my variation.

If u post ur variation, along with u someone else may also backtest..
-----------------------X---------------------------------X------------------

BTW, i Just saw my attendance Trading is very very poor in March, until now..
Problem is If i start trading, I wont backtest. If i backtest then i don't trade..:annoyed:
So I have firmly decided to finalise everything by this sunday..

So pls come up with the variations as soon as possible. :thumb:
DP I think stands for developing profile. If DPs are large and price is hovering inside it, consider selling resistance buying support aka sideways, when it is small and price with in it, no play there.
If DP is small and price is away from it, consider it as a breakout after a NR day.
That's my understanding, may be faulty, am not a pro anyways.

Vivek

i looked at couple of charts with OBV 2nd method + adding VWAP on top of it. VWAP bands only.

if we trade only those out side the band , it looks will be able to catch big moves.

i still need to check using 2 day VWAP / 5 day VWAP.

yachusai

Bro DP means Decision Points , Decision point a book written by ST sir said consider PDH , PDL PDC as decision points . i think xray bro mention ST sir decision points not Developing profile because Xray bro not use developing profile in his trade.