nac Calling JOBBERS/SCALPERS

@anurajmunjal sir,
I generally Take only short position it seems my mind is set to play only short
I have to take both trade short and long.Thanks for your advise.
Today 50+
Take apporx 60 trade with 25 quantity in rpower today rpower is not moving
good even nifty move 30 point. rpower is not moving. just 10 to 15 paisa movement is there. sorry for my poor english

Thanks

tnsn2345

[/COLOR]

hi kuthapi
jobbing is more of an art than a science. hence it is very difficult to explain. u can learn jobbing by observing a good jobber trade, but it is very difficult to explain in words. although I have stopped active jobbing a while back, still I shall try n give u a few pointers on what I used to look at while jobbing:

1.it is important to note the price reactions at round numbers and sub round numbers.( round nos.would be 1000, 1010, 1020...., sub round nos. would be1005, 1015, 1025...)
the emphasis on round nos. becos most of the stop losses are around these nos. study of price action around these levels to note the price behaviour after hitting these levels continues in the same direction or reverses. keep in mind that u get a split second to decide and react.
2. always try n trade in a moving mkt. & not a stationary one as ur risk to reward is very good (if u are correct) in a moving mkt.
3.note the price behaviour on highs & lows. and sub highs & lows. ie. the highs & lows as seen on ur screen, and also short term highs & lows that keep on forming during the day (last 10-15 -20 min. highs & lows)
4.correlation of the particular stock that u are trading in with the index.
5. form an opinion on the direction , (ie. between this level n this level, u would trade only long or vice versa), but (most important) as a jobber, do not marry this opinion, be ready to change this opinion in a split second if anything out of ordinary happens in the stock.( define ordinary and out of ordinary in ur mind & trade accordingly)
6. if u are trading in the capital mkt., trade in a stock which is also in futures, oftentimes(not always) cash would follow futures in most of the stocks. take a cue frm futures..

I know this sounds very confusing, but as I said earlier it is more of an art and not a science. it has to come frm experience. ur subconscious mind should be trained to an extent where it can react to all the possible case scenarios that may occur around the levels that u are watching.
initially, I would advise u to do simple cash to futures arbitrage. keep rotating ur position and observe the mkt.keeping the above pointers in ur mind and whatever else u learn on the way,& maybe after a few months, when u are confident u may switch to single mkt. jobbing.

hope this helps u in some manner

regards
Dear Anurag,

I am no scalper / jobber but your post on jobbers activity is really exciting. I wonder how jobbers can continously watch the screen and punch orders throughout the day. Might be strenuous too. Hats off to those who do it and are make living out of it.

Regards,

anuragmunjal

Dear Anurag,

I am no scalper / jobber but your post on jobbers activity is really exciting. I wonder how jobbers can continously watch the screen and punch orders throughout the day. Might be strenuous too. Hats off to those who do it and are make living out of it.

Regards,
hi Tnsn
u are absolutely correct there.it is strenuous. at times in a moving mkt,u lean forward and after 20-30 minutes, when ur back starts hurting, u realize that u forgot 2 go back... one reason why I stopped jobbing (apart frm the fact that the mkt is no more conducive 2 this kind of trading after the bots took over) was that my health had started getting affected.

regards

anuragmunjal

@anurajmunjal sir,
I generally Take only short position it seems my mind is set to play only short
I have to take both trade short and long.Thanks for your advise.
Today 50+
Take apporx 60 trade with 25 quantity in rpower today rpower is not moving
good even nifty move 30 point. rpower is not moving. just 10 to 15 paisa movement is there. sorry for my poor english

Thanks
hi kuthapi

a good jobber would never have a bias. he would trade both directions with equal ease. secondly, do not trade stocks that r not moving. there is no juice there.....u will just end up paying commissions & taxes.

regards

hello
Yestarday Get 85 rupees profit
script :- Rpower rate 140
Trade :- 55 with 50 quantity
@anurajmunjal sir
You are 100% right that good jobber play on both side and i will try to that
it take little time change my mind
Thanks very much

[/COLOR]

hi kuthapi
jobbing is more of an art than a science. hence it is very difficult to explain. u can learn jobbing by observing a good jobber trade, but it is very difficult to explain in words. although I have stopped active jobbing a while back, still I shall try n give u a few pointers on what I used to look at while jobbing:

1.it is important to note the price reactions at round numbers and sub round numbers.( round nos.would be 1000, 1010, 1020...., sub round nos. would be1005, 1015, 1025...)
the emphasis on round nos. becos most of the stop losses are around these nos. study of price action around these levels to note the price behaviour after hitting these levels continues in the same direction or reverses. keep in mind that u get a split second to decide and react.
2. always try n trade in a moving mkt. & not a stationary one as ur risk to reward is very good (if u are correct) in a moving mkt.
3.note the price behaviour on highs & lows. and sub highs & lows. ie. ................

regards
Hi Anurag,

Thanks for that insight. I understand what you are saying (atleast I try to) but what I am still at a loss is how to understand a trend?

I know there are a lot of threads on trend analysis, but being a beginner what I always suffer from is the correct tools to identify a trend.

So far I have got that, I need tools like chart analysis but for scalping/jobbing I need faster data source. this is where I got stuck.

So, could you share some insights on which software you use for trend analysis and also the data feed for those softwares?

Would be highly greatful.

PS: I understand that Ambibroker is one good charting analysis software but what about the data feed, which company is worth the datafeed?

REgards
Arsh

anuragmunjal

hi Arsh

Hi Anurag,

Thanks for that insight. I understand what you are saying (atleast I try to) but what I am still at a loss is how to understand a trend?

I know there are a lot of threads on trend analysis, but being a beginner what I always suffer from is the correct tools to identify a trend.

So far I have got that, I need tools like chart analysis but for scalping/jobbing I need faster data source. this is where I got stuck.

So, could you share some insights on which software you use for trend analysis and also the data feed for those softwares?

Would be highly greatful.

PS: I understand that Ambibroker is one good charting analysis software but what about the data feed, which company is worth the datafeed?

REgards
Arsh

hi Arsh

I use tickerplant for charting nowadys as I have to watch several diff. mkts and instruments. it is very fast & reliable. while scalping, I never used any charting software. the idea was to trade only in one or two scrips, so that the price action registers in ur mind.

regards

hi Arsh

hi Arsh

I use ............ while scalping, I never used any charting software. the idea was to trade only in one or two scrips, so that the price action registers in ur mind.

regards
Thanks Anurag,

Currently, I am doing scalping (in small numbers) on nifty options. I have realised during the initial months that while scalping you have two choices.

1. Read the chart analysis or 2. Trade.

Currently I have settled for the later.. :) ..

Just wanted to know if there are any scalpers who could do both, therefore asked.

but just a food for thought, wouldnt then it would be more intutive rather than fact based (scalping i mean).

PS: I do not have any issues in any one intutive or factbased :)

Regards
Arsh

anuragmunjal

[QUOTE=arsh_makker;517462]Thanks Anurag,

Currently, I am doing scalping (in small numbers) on nifty options. I have realised during the initial months that while scalping you have two choices.

1. Read the chart analysis or 2. Trade.

Currently I have settled for the later.. :) ..

Just wanted to know if there are any scalpers who could do both, therefore asked.

but just a food for thought, wouldnt then it would be more intutive rather than fact based (scalping i mean).

PS: I do not have any issues in any one intutive or factbased :)

Regards
Arsh[/QUOTE]

hi Arsh

u are correct there & as I have said in my earlier post, it is more intutive, hence it is difficult to explain. it has to come with experience....

regards

VJAY

Dear ST da,
I think you are posting a nice trading setups in wrong thread...:) ...