My experiments with MFs

Raj232

Another love letter

View attachment 50421

These keep coming. I don't know how to factor them :(
Looks like more than the NAV's moving up .. the TER is upwardly revised :DD:DD
After all so many festivals to celebrate (14th Feb, 19th Feb) etc. They are all celebrating in the office only.
NAV wont be updated .. but expenses (Total Expense Ratio - TER) will go up .. :(:(

Looks like more than the NAV's moving up .. the TER is upwardly revised :DD:DD
After all so many festivals to celebrate (14th Feb, 19th Feb) etc. They are all celebrating in the office only.
NAV wont be updated .. but expenses (Total Expense Ratio - TER) will go up .. :(:(
Yes. That's why I think that it's good to apply for all the NFOs :)

Irregularities in NAV updation.

The MFs are supposed to update their NAV on AMFI website by 11pm every day, but look at this from DSP

1710236994127.png

The NAV was not updated till 9am this morning !! It was not updated till 2.30pm, it was updated at 3 pm.

This fund shows a dividend dated 7th March. But it didn't show anywhere, even on their own website. Today the NAV updation was delayed and if anyone wanted to buy the Post-dividend price, they couldn't do it.

Most of the funds do update their NAV by midnight.

A new thing learnt about allotment and NAVs. Even if you pay before the cut off time, you can't be sure of getting the NAV shown on the screen. Moreover, there is no well defined way of ensuring that you get the NAV shown on the screen.

My recent experience - this is what I had written to MFUonline

1710409832370.png

and this is the response I got

1710409878376.png

It's not just that. I realise now that the response shown earlier was different, it mentioned about no "sell" orders being present. Now it says "Liquid purchase". Not sure what that means.

Raj232

A new thing learnt about allotment and NAVs. Even if you pay before the cut off time, you can't be sure of getting the NAV shown on the screen. Moreover, there is no well defined way of ensuring that you get the NAV shown on the screen.

My recent experience - this is what I had written to MFUonline

View attachment 50541

and this is the response I got

View attachment 50542

It's not just that. I realise now that the response shown earlier was different, it mentioned about no "sell" orders being present. Now it says "Liquid purchase". Not sure what that means.
New Terms coined to fool the customer.. liquid purchase :DD:DD .. apart from investing in their fund, they needed you to buy 100 ml of their snake oil.

One must admire HDFC MF for one thing - excellent dividends !!

1710777904687.png

A lot of their funds are giving out IDCW in Feb / March. It seems like a good choice for dividend income.

Edit : 4 Rs. per unit is a decent payout. Also, it is money in the bank, not re-invested, as DSP would do or ABSL.

1710778318725.png

You can check the rest for dividends here :

https://www.hdfcfund.com/nav-and-idcw/latest-navs-and-idcw

Attachments

Last edited: