My experiments with MFs

As I mentioned in the General Trading Chat thread, I have been experimenting with mutual funds lately. Below is the screenshot of the summary

1701101115932.png

I had earlier in March/April applied for SBI Dividend Yield Fund NFO with 10k and watched it grow. When I started again recently, it was still a new world for me, so most of my 137 funds so far are in 1 time Rs. 100, some for Rs. 500 or 1000 and 2 funds for Rs. 5k each.

The categorywise distribution is as follows :

1701101407109.png

The Order in Progress that you see in the pic is for redemption. This is interesting.

This fund is up by 10% in the last 1 month, so I thought "Let's try bringing the money back home". I applied for redemption of Rs. 100 out of Rs. 1100 total in this.

1701101528596.png

Applied on 24th Nov, but the money will be sent to me after 10 days :(

Will keep posting more, slowly.

godfather

Would love to hear more about the experiment please go on. Zerodha Coin vs Grow which one to choose for direct investment?

Would love to hear more about the experiment please go on. Zerodha Coin vs Grow which one to choose for direct investment?
Not using Coin at present. Good idea. Will get to it in due time. I only have a trading account with Zerodha.

Members, please share your experiences too.

Most of my investments are in IDCW plan. The idea was to get passive income, like getting interest PAYOUT from the FDs. I didn't know about dividend re-investments at the time.

Here is the dividend report from Finvasia.

1701146730870.png

This is for about a month.

But why would I want re-investment ? If I wanted that, why wouldn't I go for growth plan ?

I had invested 100 Rs. in this fund some time ago. It didn't seem to be doing anything, so I thought of switching over to another fund.

But it says "insufficient units for switch" :(. So how do I know the minimum units required for a switch ?

1701451230678.png

Seems like redemption is a delayed process for the MFs. Can take upto 10 calendar days / 7 working days.

1701785223528.png

Even debt funds can take 3-4 days.

Don't know about liquid funds.

Redeeming through Finvasia (demat), they guarantee T+2, maybe earlier. But demat charges of 10.62 can eat into the profits. Also, one has to negotiate through different platforms. I have raised a ticket with them about redemption of partial units. Waiting for their reply.