My daytrading

Did my thread made any difference to your trading?

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indeed our theory failed but trades made profit.

I have marked a place at 5700 ads window.That was a gap and that should be the zone of high of Dark cloud which would have acted as support. The window shows that bears were strong at that point on this day and price slided further.
For a highly conservative trader there was a single trade today(break of neck).
half of the good work done by bulls yesterday was undone by bhalloo's on the last day of the week.

For a 30 min IB trader there were 3 trades .Being conservative , we assume that 2 of them were small losers.However the 3rd one with an add was a big winner.

IB continues to make us beleive that it has great potential as a trading tool.
Kindly make use of oscillators as may be appropriate along with what I have mentioned.
Hi
I have read lot about IB in this thread and also tried to search the same in this foram but didnt find it. Where can I get more detail on IB stuff. any thread in this foram?, can anyone provide me the link for the same and for NR7.

thanks

Raghavacc

Hi Raghav,

I m following this thread from last 2 weeks trying to understand, its very interesting and knowledgeable, can you please explain about the last Swing high+3 in detail.

Thanks in advance
balraj167
Balraj,

Last swing high in the chart I explained was point "A".+3 means 3 points above the swing high. 3 Points are called as filters.

I suggest you to please read Saints "how to teach fish" for thoroughly understanding swing (Pivot) highs and lows and search around this forum for understanding the filters as I am not in a position to detail them again.:)

Raghavacc

raghavv i didn't get where is exhaustion bar exactly here in the chart...please locate it exactly and explain how to identify it if u don't mind........:):)
Rajesh,

The long red bar with long tail at the bottom on your left hand side of the screen is a exhaustion bar.

Raghavacc

Hi
I have read lot about IB in this thread and also tried to search the same in this foram but didnt find it. Where can I get more detail on IB stuff. any thread in this foram?, can anyone provide me the link for the same and for NR7.

thanks
Hi Nishant,

Welcome to the thread.

I am not aware of any book exclusively written on IB.IB on 30 minutes is a concept started by me.

For NR7 related thread pls visit a beautifull thread by AW10 in advanced trading strategies section.

Last edited:

Raghavacc

replying to post No 40 from Bala in "friends talk on my daytrading".Since I will not be posting daily from next week this one should act as a guide to your daytrading.Hence posting this particular reply in this thread.

Scaling in and scaling out is what comes from experience in trading.However it is not so tough if practiced relentlessly.

Scaling,scaling out,add ,partial profit taking,trailing the profit,entering with minimal risk all these more than that blending all of the above comes by many years of ex

perience in trading since its directly connected to our psychology.

If you practice What I have to say below ,it will really make difference to your trading.What I am saying may not be new,but I am putting it in simple words so that you can start practicing it from tommorrow.

Today's Nifty 5 Min chart.

Nifty has made a bearish engulf yday means bears have pounded throughout the day.Thats the background.Now unless until nifty proves otherwise we remain in downtrend in 5 Min TF.

Nifty opens with with a red bar then a inside green bar then a doji.

B.An agressive trader makes the short entry here at crack of doji downside..S/L-SAR high of day+3 points.Risk hardly 11 points.

A conservative trader goes short once it cracks the low of the day i.e:at the gap seen in between point B and C.

C. Nifty takes support at low of last day.

D. A swing high is formed.S/L-SAR is still at the high of the day.

E. a lower swing high is formed.S/L-SAR is still at the high of the day..

F.One more swing high is formed. At same time look at swing lows.It made lower lows before reaching point "F".S/L-SAR is still at the high of the day.

G.Cracks the major swing low.Add and bring the trailing stop to F.

H.Cracks both todays as well as last day low. Add.Bring the trailing stop above the high of breakout bar at G.

I.Intraday Gap/ST Bro gap between I and J.Ready for next wave of down trend.

J. Add .Trail the stop to Point "I".

K.Makes lower swing high.Trailing stop still at "I"

L.Add on crack of swing low.Trail the stop to K.

M.makes lower swing high.

N.Cracks previous swing low.Add.Trail the Stop to M.

O. takes out previous swing high .We are out. If you are aggressive ,you will get out here with all of your positions. Count your pips Smile all the way to bank..

P.If you are a conservative trader and trail the stops partially, then you are out partially at "O" and now at "P" you should be out with all positions as you do not want to give back too much to the market.Now count the pips and smile all the way to Bank just little behind that aggressive trader.

I personally would not like to take further trades as its already 2pm and going long will be against the trend.In case you feel going for it ,Its your choice.No hard rules.However be carefull while going against a trend especially when its already in to last session.Exception case is reversal.

Now out of entire move we could catch only 50 points max..With adds just count how much gains we could generate.We do not count money before 3.30PM..never never.Since last one and half year I have ,not even in a single post have counted money.We just try to do best at our job.Once you do that you need not count money..Once you are 100% in your job, money flows to your account like a corporation water dropping to overhead Tank in your house every day.

TRADING IS THE ONLY INDUSTRY WHERE THERE IS NO OFFICE POLITICS,NO NEPOTISM,NO FAVOURITSM.IT IS THE ONLY INDUSTRY WHERE REWARD IS DIRECTLY PROPORTIONATE TO YOUR EFFORTS.

Last edited:

Raghavacc

IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/dqt2y1.jpg[/IMG]

The 2 places where we should not display our ego are "Market" and "Traffic".

The former can cost fortune and the latter can cost precious live. I beleive in humbleness.When any one gives me some advice and positive sugession I take it with my knees bent and both the hands folded.More and more humble I became more and more I got rewarded.There is no shy ,There is no shame.The shy and shame are result of our ego's.

Now lets come back to the charts. ST bro has given a great concept called "Intraday gap".I have been using it to its fullest possible potential and reaping great reward.

Let me explain with a chart.

At point "A" nifty breaks low of the day.You go short.Then after 2-3 bar further bars move it consolidates.Now what do do?

There lies your skill of visualisation capabilities. Now what happens if the price breaks the low of the consolidation? It creates gap between gap between A and B .Am I right?By now we know these gaps are one of the safest and best ways to make some good gains.
Now for that what do we do in advance?We keep an order below the low of green bar in that consolidation or it can be at below the low of lowest bar in the consolidation.Both are right.Now once the price breaks the low of this consolidation my add is triggered.Now what do I do? .I will trail my stop for the previous positions entered at A to point B means I have already locked in some profit.Now where is the S/L for the adds?Its at the top of the doji bar in that consolidation .Risk is just 10 points to 12 points .

Now look at the equation.I have locked in 9-11 points for my first trade. For the adds my risk is just 10-12 points means I have "MADE A DECISION WHICH IS RISK FREE".I agree that today it did not move big ,still it did give some moderate gains.However on a strong trend day it will make big difference to our trading Account.

Same is the case with point D and E respectively.

Hello Raghav,
Today is the one of the setup I was talking about one week back in fib retracement. Morning second bar broken the day high with shaven bottom. So buy entry above 5477 and ride till 5525 - 5530 and also nifty stayed more than 5 bars in OB zone...

Though inverted hammer there, I didn't go for short due to more than 5 bars ... I was waiting to buy in the dip around 23.6% retracement level... But you know what happened after that.. How do you trade this situation?

Thanks
Bala

Raghavacc

Hello Raghav,
Today is the one of the setup I was talking about one week back in fib retracement. Morning second bar broken the day high with shaven bottom. So buy entry above 5477 and ride till 5525 - 5530 and also nifty stayed more than 5 bars in OB zone...

Though inverted hammer there, I didn't go for short due to more than 5 bars ... I was waiting to buy in the dip around 23.6% retracement level... But you know what happened after that.. How do you trade this situation?

Thanks
Bala
Bala,

You are making good progress indeed by picking up low risk entries and your observation has also improved a lot.

Usually I hardly make any trades in first 15-30 Minutes as that period represents emotional and sentimental period.At the same time it provides handsome opportunity sometimes to make good gains in no times.It is because in that period we have culmination of VOLUME+EMOTION which triggers big swings and formula -I speedy run in the price.Also at the same time it presents some low risk "Momentum trades" .When I get one ,I jump to it with strict S/L-SAR.Today was one of those days.
We had a gap down for the consecutive 2nd day.Look at what happens in the first 5 Min bar.Huge volume with a red bar with moderate tail.For me that's a exhaustion bar.Market can come in so many disguises.Now what?I will wait for confirmation.Next bar takes out the high of exhaustion bar confirming our trade.My entry at the high of the day at B.S/L-SAR at A.Price makes big run .Resistance at previous day +previous days open at point E.Makes false breakout with good volume.A hangman after false breakout bar.Reverse once the hangman is brooked down at point D.Price moves down.Takes out Trailing stop at Point E. Now the price gets stuck up between a swing low and the high of the day.That's been marked by 2 yellow horizontal lines.Otherwise you can mark those 2 lines between the high and low of the day as well.Now the higher swing lows are marked by blue lines.

For me "I WILL NOT DO ANY FURTHER TRADES UNLESS IT BREAKS THOSE 2 YELLOW HORIZONATL LINES .IN OTHER WORDS THOSE 2 YELLOW HORIZONTAL LINES REPRESENTS THAT PRICE IS STUCK .NOW IT NEEDS TO COMEOUT."Also observe once it gets stuck how volumes drop and price makes consecutive tiny bars. .These are the type of techniques you have to develop.Trading is just not buying and selling and putting a S/L.Its a belief.Its a thought and its an art.

AT F the price makes 2 tiny shooting stars.No trades.
AT G it breaks last 3 swing highs .Still no trade.Scalpers can make some gains here.

H is again a established resistance and price takes turn.

Last 3 days were of very narrow range and hence a difficult period to make any good gains.Thats where our skill comes to the test.

Why such narrow range and low volume? All Traders were busy watching Hina Rabbani on television.Since she has gone back home, we should expect some good movements from next week.:D

PS-Due to my tight schedule and heavy commitments ,I will not be able to post any charts or Analysis from Monday Onwards.I can comment on the queries only when I get free time.Hence all of us have to be little patient as for me going forward ,practically its not possible to visit here everyday and post.

PDF is in final stage.Lets see whether its today or Sunday......

Last edited:
Thank you so much for detailed explanation and your words gave me lot confident on me. Is it good to go for short in the break of hangingman when stoch > 5 in OB?

Thanks a lot for your valuable time.

Weekly Analysis

For Next Week

WEEKLY PIVOT
R2 R1 P S1 S2
5806 5648 5552 5394 5298

WEEKLY TRENDLEVEL
0% 23.60% 38.20% 50% 61.80% 76.40% 100.00%
5456 5516 5553 5583 5613 5650 5710

WEEKLY RETRACEMENT LEVEL
100% 76.40% 61.80% 50% 38.20% 23.60% 0.00%
5710 5650 5613 5583 5553 5516 5456