My daytrading

Did my thread made any difference to your trading?

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raghavacc

The core of our method lies in drawing Horizontal lines mostly at the end of the day marking Swing highs,lows,gaps, res ,support,breakouts ,Breakout Failures etc.Even I have posted so many charts.

But I am highly surprised that none of you have ever asked anything about this Horizontal lines nor did you post any chart drawing lines.Is it lack of homework or lack of understanding?It will not take much time ,neither much headache.Just draw the lines .They make your trading dead simple.

Here is ICICI last 4 days chart.5 Days chart would have been Ideal.However some problem with TT hence can post only 4 Days chart

Its shows How to trade markets even when it is in sideways.

1.Draw a Horizontal line at major points OF LAST 3-5 days action/Patterns.
2.Then look for reaction at those points.
3.Then decide which way it gives more reward with less risk.
4.Take trade without hesitation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lets analyse chart.

A. price makes double bottom.Breaks neck enter long keeping bottom of pattern+filter as S/L/SAR.

B.It is a point where the price consolidated 1-2 days back and broke down the support.( Not visible in the chart.Support broken now becomes resistance.The price plunges down here beacuse it was a previous support broken now becomes resistance.Think which is better option .To go long or short at this point?S/L-SAR just above the consolidation area.

C. Once price starts falling where is next support.Simply at previous double bottom i.e:A.Now at B think over which is better option .To go long or short at this point?Which is less risky.S/L-SAR just below bottom of pattern+filter . Once the price takes support at C and starts moving up where is next resistance.Obviously at Previous swing High i.e:At B.

D.It is a point where price started declining at Point B.Now again price starts declining.Now assuming that we are in range where is next suppot.Deffinately at Point C where it took off last time.Now lets see what happens.

HL: At this point where I marked as H/L ,it makes higher low means its looking to move up.Lets be neautral by end of the day as we dont have any concrete clue.

E:price gaps up.Why? because there was a resistance at B and D .The same resistance has been taken out through gap.Now once price gaps up it is important that it sustains that gap.We wait for one hour and gap is sustained.

F.Now I have a concrete evidence that Price want to move up as gap is sustained.I open my positions here once price breaks a previous swing high of the current day.Then Almost 22 Rs.move.

Summary: A-B-C-D is a range .

Below is best example of how do I trade sideways market.

THE MOMENT PRICE COMES TO A OR C I TAKE LONGS AS MY RISK IS HARDLY 6-7 RS.

WHAT DO I DO IF THE PRICE BREAKS A OR C DOWNSIDE?.SIMPLE I KEEP SAR JUST BELOW A AND C.IN CASE THE PRICE BREAKS A OR C AND STARTS MOVING DOWN.

WHERE DO I PLACE MY SAR IF THE PRICE BREAKS AOR C AND MY SHORT ORDER IS CAUGHT?.SIMPLE ABOVE THE NECK OF DOUBLE BOTTOM.

REVRESE THE FORMULA FOR LONG TRADES AT B AND D.

THEN LETS TALK ABOUT BREAKING RANGE AND START OF TREND. AT POINT E PRICE BREAKS RANGE UPSIDE I.E:BREAKS A-B-C-D.NOW LOOK FOR SUSTAINING OF PRICE ABOVE BREAK OF RANGE I.E:B-D AND ALSO WE CAN MAKE USE OF OSCILLATORS TO OPEN OR ADD POSITIONS FOR LONG TRADES.
IF YOU THINK I CAN EXPLAIN MORE SIMPLER THAN THIS,THEN I AM SORRY.

Raghavacc

Re: Celebrities - What celebrity they bring in your life?

Tonight there will be a final show of a movie called 120 crore idiots. Though the watching idiots get nothing wasting their time, the playing, broadcasting and sponsoring idiots make big bucks
The next show of the movie will be in west indies..

CELEBRITIES

The next group of herds are from Celebrity fan category.I really dont know what kind of celebration they bring in your life!!!.

In our Puranas we read-The lord of heaven ,Indra was scared of his position being threatened when the people from the earth used to make rigorous Tapasya.When people made rigorous Tapasya lord would manifest and ask what boon they want.Even they could ask for the position of King of heaven from the lord.This was a worrying factor for Indra.For that sake he has deployed a strategy.In the heaven he has kept beautifull angels namely Menaka, Rambha,Urvashi,Tilottame and so on.They were so gorgeous ( Now a days people call them hot etc etc.!!!!) that any one looking at them will just fall in to their beauty.Indra knew that the weakest point of a man lies in his desire for female.

Hence whenever Rishis and Rakshasas used to go on rigorous Tapasya , he used to send these beautifull women to earth to disturb them.On top of that these women were beautifull dancers and singers.So even good Tapasvis used to fall in to their trap and after a while they used to realize the importance of temporary pleasure and then repent and then start Tapasya again .This cycle got repeated and most of them never could finish their Tapasya successfully.

One of the Great rishis of our tradition Vishwamitra also was victim of this trap by Indra.He was performing a difficult Tapasya on completion of which he will become powerfull and may even get a boon of becoming king of heaven.

Indra got worried and sent Menaka to disturb him.Vishwamitra was under a deep meditative state his eyes being closed amid a thick forest.Menaka danced, sang and even made garlands of fragrants and put them around Vishwamitras neck.This made Vishwamitra to open his eyes. The moment he saw the beauty of Menaka he started liking and loving her and then it resulted in marriage. They got a daughter called Shakuntala who became famous later.Once Menaka found that her purpose is served, she went back to heaven leaving sad Vishwamitra on earth. .Vishwamitra repented for breaking his Tapasya and not controlling his Mind and started it again...
This is half story.Rest I will tell you when time comes.

..............Continued

Last edited:
Dear Raghavji,
Is 5 mins the best TF for trading? In 1 min I feel I am able to see the actual action blow by blow as they say. Is that a bad idea? After making the decision to buy, when we place the order should we give an asking price or just buy at market price? Thanks for your help.

Raghavacc

Dear Raghavji,
Is 5 mins the best TF for trading? In 1 min I feel I am able to see the actual action blow by blow as they say. Is that a bad idea? After making the decision to buy, when we place the order should we give an asking price or just buy at market price? Thanks for your help.
Dear Gsam,

Beginning stages of trading career one should try following higher TF's.The reason being In higher TF's the patterns and reliablity is more.Less stress.
Few posts back I have posted a 30 Minute Nifty chart showing how to trade Inside Bars and make good gains.I have never ever traded 1 Minute chart.

Though most of day traders do trade in 5 Min chart ,Once you develop confidence in higher TF's you can scale down to 5 and trade it comfortably.In higher TF's you get less trades but good one's.You save your energy,time and stress.Even who work in offices can take 30 Min trade as they can watch the chart once in 30 Min.Currently thats what I do.:) as I have couple of other projects in hand.

Raghavacc

We can improve our trading following different techniques.Each one has different tools to do that.We respect that.

What I do?Each day ( whenever I take trade) I save the image of the chart.At EOD I analyse it marking my entry and exit points.Then I relate it to an ideal entry and an ideal exit.Then I will analyse how much I need to improve in entry and exits.I save all charts in a folder monthwise,datewise.

For me thats not important.The important is my mistakes.Whenever I lose,I just get alert.What I do is once I lost a trade I not only save that chart but I do take a print out and write on the printed chart "NOT ONCE AGAIN".I look at it for 5 Minutes and then punch and file it.In the file I have 2 sections
1.Lost due to my mistakes
2.Lost due to bad luck (Though I have followed all my plans,rules disciplines I lose the trade).On top of this printed chart I write "BAD LUCK".
This is based on theory one picture is equal to 1000 words. Invariably when I see the same kind of action again ,I recollect the picture and stop myself from making mistakes. I told you I am not a scalper.Thats why I could afford to do all this.All this I do by evening or night when I get free.

This improved my trading a lot.Try to do different things.Thats when you get lot of joy in life.

Raghavacc

I think lot of you must be either angry!!! or bored by my writing .Its understandable because whatever we were taught,bombarded gets not only in to our head but also in to our heart.When a person talks against such beliefs we get angry/frustrated/irritated.I can see the pulse:).

To ease that angryness and boredom lets share a humour.

-----------------------------------------------------------
There was a dog show in Delhi.Dogs from all over the country were in the show and people really enjoyed the show.A kid who loved dogs a lot went to show with his father and started watching dogs one by one.

Went to Delhi Dog,patted its back - it wagged its tail right and left.

Went to Kolkata Dog,patted its back - it wagged its tail right and left.

Went to Bengaluru Dog,patted its back - it wagged its tail right and left.

Now its Mumbai Dog's turn.He patted.This dog wagged its tail "UP AND DOWN"

kid got astonished.He did pat again .Again it repeated same thing.Now boy couldn't control his curiosity and excitement .he asked his father.

Kid "Dogs wag their tail left and right isn't it papa?

Father "Yes my lord.

Kid: Then why do this Mumbai dog is wagging its tail UP and DOWN against all normal dogs which wag their tail LEFT and RIGHT?

Father "My dear "THERE IS NO SPACE LEFT ON THE RIGHT AND LEFT HAND SIDE IN MUMBAI"!!!!!Thats why its wagging UP and DOWN".

We can improve our trading following different techniques.Each one has different tools to do that.We respect that.

What I do?Each day ( whenever I take trade) I save the image of the chart.At EOD I analyse it marking my entry and exit points.Then I relate it to an ideal entry and an ideal exit.Then I will analyse how much I need to improve in entry and exits.I save all charts in a folder monthwise,datewise.

For me thats not important.The important is my mistakes.Whenever I lose,I just get alert.What I do is once I lost a trade I not only save that chart but I do take a print out and write on the printed chart "NOT ONCE AGAIN".I look at it for 5 Minutes and then punch and file it.In the file I have 2 sections
1.Lost due to my mistakes
2.Lost due to bad luck (Though I have followed all my plans,rules disciplines I lose the trade).On top of this printed chart I write "BAD LUCK".
This is based on theory one picture is equal to 1000 words. Invariably when I see the same kind of action again ,I recollect the picture and stop myself from making mistakes.
I told you I am not a scalper.Thats why I could afford to do all this.All this I do by evening or night when I get free.

This improved my trading a lot.Try to do different things.Thats when you get lot of joy in life.
Excellent Raghav ji. Have added to my ' to do list - EOD'. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.