Little tips on Intraday Trading

pakatil

Dear Asish da,

I intend to become better Intra day Trader with your guidance.

I keep record of each of my Transactions (Entry, Exit, Brokerage etc, Net Gains/loss) . It will be available at any time.

Regards
PAKatil

Ahh, had tried to break the same myth in Scalpers Forum, anyways.

The risk scale looks interesting, could you elaborate a bit? I mean elaborate in the sense how a newbee should try to understand/build his own... references to resources like books etc. and your guidance how to work out.

Great initiative, looking forward to learn.

The idea is (the same as the Nifty Fut thread),to try to impart confidence,to encourage everyone to participate,to break the myth that 90 % daytraders are loosers.

Few modalities are to be worked out like what will be standard brokerages we will take into a/c.As the capital allocation is Rs 25K hence only in Cash Mkt (scrips listed in F & O),the normal leverage allowed in day trading will be utilised,but what will be that Fig.

If i also actually Trade these srcips real time then it becomes easier for me to post,here few things will differ ,the qty ,(as i am more comfortable at entry Full Qty no scaling in but scaling out) that will differ ,how to solve that.What will be the Risk Parameter for this Equity,here we can make a scale for Risks say from -3 to +3 ,then when i post ;bought Tisco xxx ;Risk 2; Stop xxx (2 % from present cmp); in that case how the qty for this portfolio be calculated.

This are few things to be sorted out first,now say lots of other members also chips in how to keep those records.

Somebody has to take some responsibilty for keeping daily records.(The Nifty Fut thread lacks that,see when Sanjay actually calculated & showed Saint's trades in 60 mins it was mind boggling,until that we where mentally not conducive to accept !!)

U

uasish

My problem is ,i am not so well versed in Bookish Knowledge :),Screen Time with some conceptual input , common sense & practicality is my comfy zone.
In no Book Risk can be minus,but in my understanding it is found that a b/o in my set up ( a/c ing last 6 months ledger,there is very few Loss) hence it is a negative risk.
Like me (few yrs back)bulk of our members come here for some easy to understand things,even complicated things IF layed down in easy to understand methodology.
Here talking of 'Optimal-F' will be of little use,than demonstrating a situation,and slowly leting them understand the Risk involved & how to differentiate them.Say we are going to Long in intraday a scrip and the Perspective is that (World Indices is Up & with the Help of Jesse's Sector Map that scrip is also outperforming) here ON that very back drop would'nt the Risk come down hence on a given Stop loss fig will not the position size increase than a Normal Day.
Except minisclue few never found that with the knowledge from Books one has become a successfull ,consistent traders.
Many are well versed about so many set-ups available in Net in different forums,if we want we can Debate/Argue & Scientifically Prove ;ALL those Gr8 set-ups are simply Crap.
The guy who at the end of the month goes to the Bank Laughing is just bemused with this ALL blabering of Gr8 Fundas.
For people with all those Gr8 Fundas there are ET/Factory/Laboratory :).

pakatil

Except minisclue few never found that with the knowledge from Books one has become a successfull ,consistent traders.
Many are well versed about so many set-ups available in Net in different forums,if we want we can Debate/Argue & Scientifically Prove ;ALL those Gr8 set-ups are simply Crap.
The guy who at the end of the month goes to the Bank Laughing is just bemused with this ALL blabering of Gr8 Fundas.
For people with all those Gr8 Fundas there are ET/Factory/Laboratory :).
Dear Asish da,

Very well said. Couldn't have been more precise.

My 2cents: Most of us (learners), in search of the holy grail, pick up too much knowledge which instead of being useful, has become a mill stone around our necks. I have always believed keeping things simple helps. Only eluding part is, how to acheive it.

Cheers

Well done Abdur. My personnel thanks rather many many thanks to you. this is a forum where lot of new comers are joining and they need guidance from senior friends. We learn from each others experiences and there is nothing wrong in presenting old formula a new and simple way and less than 6-7 steps. I request seniors friends to share their valuable experience on this forum and not fight or slam someone. DN SHUKLA

U

uasish

Sanjay /t111/ anyone else,

First initiate the discussion on what should be the ground rules .

Asish