Is earning in Day trading so very easy?

ashwani chadha

NTM, in terms of a metaphor, I am at a point in my trading where there is ice in my veins. That is not something that just happens, nor did it happen because I have this cool and clam makeup. As a matter a fact, if you knew me in person, you would know I'm not cool and calm. For 54 years old, I'm still very hyperactive.
(((When we talk about coolness and calmness with respect to, we are really talking about obviating fear and greed, or at least coming as close to that point as possible))) This is not something you have when you first start trading. This is developed over time. Foremostly, there are some things you need to know for yourself: 1. Do I have a methodology that is a proven winner on a demo account. If you are not winning on a demo account, then please stay out of the markets with your live money.
Let's assume your methodology is fully developed. Enter the markets, but be highly conservative in your position sizing.(((In the beginning, your only goal should be to see your equity higher at the end of the month than it was the beginning. )))
Your experience with winning consistently, however slight the gains might be will be your confidence that you need to keep propelling you. You will get to the point that you know in your heart of hearts that your methodology is the best thing around. You will start noticing a coolness and a calmness. Fear and greed starts to lose its grip.((( My position size relative to my total equity is always the same, no matter how good the trade looks when I enter it.)))My methodology has proven itself so much to me that when I am in a trade and it goes against me, everything is still going to be alright, yet, if the trade hits my stop for a losing trade, big deal! It's just part of the territory.
This whole thing evolves through experience, and experience breeds confidence. In your case, school has just begun. You have months and maybe years in your learning curve. Regardless how long it takes, be patient with yourself. (((When you get to the point your job is your home office, you will be very happy you stuck it out.)))
dear paul thanks for your thoughts

There is no such thing as any company or individual giving "sure hit calls". I regularly track 28 forex pairs, and literally any other market someone wants me to that I can apply my methodology to. I never suggest anyone to trade my forecasts, even though I'm real good. Most of my calls are within a few pips of the week's dips and peaks. I could never expect anyone to get the same results I do with their trading, as it should only be used as a learning tool. The reasons are simple:
1. I'm not right all the time. What if someone takes a trade where I was wrong. I know how to react, but do they?
2. Mindsets, margining, and lot sizes are different.
3. I can never expect for anyone to have the same confidence in my forecasts as I do. It's just common sense.
4. For the most part, in entering other people's trades it is an emotional decision rather than a practical one. When you read my Weekly Previews every week, and then see the accuracy of the forecasts, you would be tempted to say, "Wow! I'm going to trade his picks and be rich, so the trader gets to bold with the lot sizing, leaves no practical room for pullback, then eventually bankrupts.

You can use other people's forecasts and trades to learn from, but never use them to trade from as a set methodology. Also, no one has "sure hit cals". I know only one that has 100% perfect calls 100% of the time, but he does not trade. His name is God.
Hi paul,
Very truly said, I have saved some of your posts. I haven't (yet) started trading, but before doing that I am graduating myself from all the experiences of this great forum members. Thanks.
~ usha ~

Bigbear

It is a great start for me... I started to "learn" about trading/investing from a month...
Have been goin through many threads.. Jus tryin to learn what is really goin on...

Smart_trade, 4xpipcounter , pride and others here .... it really helped me going through your experiences and thoughts!

Cheers for you guys!

Trading is one the most difficult concepts i have ever come along..Daytrading is even more difficult....Do you have mind? Start with paper trading for 2 or 3 years like you are in a college and then come n play...If you have plenty money to loose..come n play...WE NEED YOU!!!!!:clap::clap:

4xpipcounter

Krab, there are many ideas that could be given with respect to your minimum requirements.
We could start with finding a reliable set of static S&R's. You could experiment with any that are renowned. My weeklies are also excellent. Watch for reaction once the points are hit on any set of your choosing.
You can also use TL's and trade their breaks after the pullbacks.
You could take an MA, and watch for when the candle has moved to an extremity with regards to the MA, and then post the trade.

I have been placing most of my trades in the last 2 weeks strictly off my S&R's because of time constraints. I have a lot of things going on these days, but it is still necessary to make a living.

Assuming you are from India, I'll give an example of Nifty and Reliance this past week. Both hit channel extremes. It was very predictable for the reversals that happened on Friday. In both cases, they hit my WR2 (2nd weekly resistance), which acted as a confluence with TL's and cyclical channel extremes.

sir,
please share any strategy to make 35 to 50 points per week instead of day trading, because from seniors i understood that day trading is very difficult for new comers as well as i have full time job, so if you share any strategy for nifty which will help me as well as new comers in trading.

4xpipcounter

Hawk, I'm going to disagree with you here. If you have a sound methodology and are a good trader with it, you will just be on the winning side of your trades without concern of someone losing.

Trading is one the most difficult concepts i have ever come along..Daytrading is even more difficult....Do you have mind? Start with paper trading for 2 or 3 years like you are in a college and then come n play...If you have plenty money to loose..come n play...WE NEED YOU!!!!!:clap::clap:

You better, first, be a consistent winner on a demo account over an extended period of time, before you jump in the ring with your live money.
Can you please suggest softwares/demos that I can utilize for "virtual trading" & practise & gain a little experience before jumping in with real money? I've been keeping a watch on the markets (especially PMs) for a while now but haven't started trading yet, I've just been researching brokers & strategies & I've been practising on MetaTrader's demo accounts; can you suggest any other such softwares/demos, especially ones that I can use to learn commodity-trading in INR?

Thanks to you & everyone else for sharing your experiences :clap:

Hi paul,
Very truly said, I have saved some of your posts. I haven't (yet) started trading, but before doing that I am graduating myself from all the experiences of this great forum members. Thanks.
~ usha ~
It is a great start for me... I started to "learn" about trading/investing from a month...
Have been goin through many threads.. Jus tryin to learn what is really goin on...

Smart_trade, 4xpipcounter , pride and others here .... it really helped me going through your experiences and thoughts!

Cheers for you guys!
Me too, guys. I've just been looking around for good brokers & learning from trading experiences of members on Traderji for the past few weeks. I think this website is a fantastic place for new traders in India. Thank you, Traderji :clap:

Hawk, I'm going to disagree with you here. If you have a sound methodology and are a good trader with it, you will just be on the winning side of your trades without concern of someone losing.

HeHe...do you know how much time you need in order to conquer the IF you said? Unless you have a talent on this, Trading needs to be treated very seriously like any other job around...with IFs you cant be a trader...
I suppose you know the percentage of long term successful trader..you need time for "accepting" you in their club...

4xpipcounter

Hawk, there's a lot of things I could say here. I will maintain respectful overtones in addressing your comment. I think it is going to be a lot of fun, actually, in getting to know each other. I am very opinionated, but the only time I share an absolute opinion is when I am absolutely right, so hang on to your seatbelt.

HeHe...do you know how much time you need in order to conquer the IF you said? Unless you have a talent on this, Trading needs to be treated very seriously like any other job around...with IFs you cant be a trader...
First, to answer your question. In my case it was 4 years. I can't speak for anyone else.
Secondly, why don't you go to my profile and then we can talk about how serious I am about my trading.
Thirdly, I am a firm believer in that actions speak louder than words. Go to my thread, "Some of my forecasts", and then you and I can talk in this public forum about the "if's".

"Navy"I suppose you know the percentage of long term successful trader..you need time for "accepting" you in their club...
There are many successful traders in this forum. I am probably one of the most vocal ones in this whole forum, so I personally feel I am always at risk of sounding conceited, because I have to address Me in the context of this conversation.
I know the percentage of long term successful traders. Why don't you tell me?
Now, with regards to someone excepting me in their club. It's not necessary. I don't ask to be accepted in anyone's club. Would you please tell me what that has to do with trading?
Evidently, you missed my "if" "then" statement. Reread it. That was not inferring I trade based on a bunch of "if's". Read my thread and tell me if you see any uncertainties there. All posts are time stamped for your verifiability, along with the Weekly Review I do.

Let's get back to your original point. Me winning is not depended on anyone losing. If I enter the direction the market is going, then I win. If I don't enter the market the direction is going, I lose. It's as simple as all that. I win 85% of the time. There are no "if's" in that statement.
If the 10% of winning traders (Rats! I already gave it away. Okay, you won't need to look it up now.) increases, then it is going to be necessary for the brokerages to decrease the leverage. That is what happened here in the US last year. I used to be able to get 800:1. Now, the best is 50:1.
Look, my friend. I made some bold statements in order to address your comments. But, when you make statements like this, "If you have plenty money to loose..come n play...WE NEED YOU!!!!!", it is very clear you have no idea what you are talking about.
It is clear you don't know what you are talking about when you come to me and talk to me about taking my trading seriously. I've mentioned, in concern for newbies in this forum, the importance of treating their trading like a professional business, and not as some button pusher on a computer.

BTW, this a forum for newbies to come and learn new ideas. It is also for the seasoned players to come and enhance their skills, and to be of benefit to the newbies. No one gets a benefit from your "plenty money to loose" statement, and it is also an untrue statement.

I hope we are still friends after all this.

Last edited:

4xpipcounter

NDT, I use GCI for my demo account. I have used them because they have many of the Indian markets. In being a part of this forum, it was necessary for my to open a demo account with them in order to stay up to speed with everyone.
You will find the USD/INR pair also with GCI.

Keep me posted if you run into any problem getting a demo started with them. Their site is pretty much straightforward.

Can you please suggest softwares/demos that I can utilize for "virtual trading" & practise & gain a little experience before jumping in with real money? I've been keeping a watch on the markets (especially PMs) for a while now but haven't started trading yet, I've just been researching brokers & strategies & I've been practising on MetaTrader's demo accounts; can you suggest any other such softwares/demos, especially ones that I can use to learn commodity-trading in INR?

Thanks to you & everyone else for sharing your experiences :clap:

Me too, guys. I've just been looking around for good brokers & learning from trading experiences of members on Traderji for the past few weeks. I think this website is a fantastic place for new traders in India. Thank you, Traderji :clap: