Is earning in Day trading so very easy?

Hi frnds this is Harshit, new comer here, but ve little bit knowledge abt Technical analysis --- I ve heard that Technical analysis well works in books only and not in practical ground? and plzz can someone tell me a good intra day consistent trading technicque, thnx - Regards - Harshit

I agree to harshit , fro day traders, its just about prices going up or down , no technical analysis required, just a rumour/news of any sort would do the needful.

blackberry

8 yrs back: I wanted 100% per month returns...I would spend all my free time trying to make strategies that would make me those kind of returns...I would try different indicators...I would stack many indicators...I would tweak their settings...thinking that the holy grail lies in some secret settings...I would not look at any charts higher than 5min

6 yrs back: After facing regular losses, I removed some indicators...reduced my monthly targets to 50%...thought up some more strategies...

4yrs back: Got frustrated with the continued losses...thought that trading was not for me...took a sabbatical...came back with a fresh mind and thought of new approaches...was still trying to make a lot of money fast...

3yrs back: Instead of focusing on trading stategies, started understanding money management techniques as well...finally understood the redundancy of indicators...started to look at higher time frames...started feeling that even 20% per month return would be great...

2yrs back: One line that changed everything for me:

"It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong."

Now: I trade using daily charts...no indicators...feel that even 50% per annum returns would be great...my winning trades are usually 2-3 times my losing trades...I can afford to be right only 35% of the times and still be very profitable...and I have all the time in the world to pursue my hobbies...

It took me 8 yrs to realize this...maybe this post can help someone cut his time by a couple of years :)

Best post in this Thread..............:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I will have to add a few words if you are really new to Trading (Professional Traders are generally cool towards losses & just go on). It is better for you to do trading on paper with the help of charts (to get actual rates) for a month so that you do not make any loss (& do not make any profit !). After you figure out your method (which is different to different persons) start with a small amount (say Rs.10000). Then go on if you feel comfortable.

- Be ready to burn some money before earning anything during learning phase. Learning is by actually trading, not doing it on paper or spreadsheet. Do not expect to become a master overnight.

- Look at monthly earnings rather than daily profit. Even if u make a small amount of profit every month you should be happy & should improve upon your method. When you are just starting do not depend on day trading income for your living.

- Day Trading is not for those who lose their balance quickly. Sometimes you have to forgive yourself for making mistakes.

- Finally, even after sometime (you decide how long) if you do not start making money, just quit & try your luck in long term investing. If required take a loooooong break (months, years) & come back fresh. I came back to online trading after 15 years before which I did physical trading. So nothing comes to an end forever. Trading is a powerful magnet. Sooner or later you will be back.

:cool:

Am a trader with 5 yrs experience.I have been using a combination of stochastics and moving averages to identofy the trend.I get on an average 30-50 points on nifty most of the days.Some days I dont trade becoz the signals are not clear.But I make sure that I end up my day in green.

So I think your idea is a possible thing but am not sure if you can trade 7 lots nifty with 1 lakh capital.

Hello,

This is being my first post and am happy for that.

Coming to the discussion, I have an account in NirmalBang and they offered me 15per lot for options in intraday (single leg). I used to trade with 30K where i can get some 300-500 shares (6-10 lots) and when i get 2K+ profit I exit and for the loss, based on the time to expiry i decide whether exit or not.

But still am not a full time trader( working for an MNC) .

Last month bought 5000 PUT @ Rs 84 and sold them at Rs 350 (10 lots)
:clap:

Why just limit to 7 points while Nifty is showing a average movement of 100 points daily ?
So assuming one is able to capture 1/3 rd of its movement say 33 points.

So 33 * 1000 which is 33000 rs and which works out to be 100% return in 3 trading days.

Calculations are good isn't it :D

Just show me that you can do it in real time trading.

To achieve a bigger goal ,do not change your primary target of 10 points
per trade ,but change the frequecy of trades.(Like,5 trades per day instead
of 4 trades per day).

jxcess

Hi all

Iam just wondering whether earning in Day trading has become so very simple and easy

Consider this....

With an investment of Rs 1lac, with a broker like Zerodha, we can take positions of around 10 Lots in Nifty

Even if we manage to get 7 pts positively on a daily basis, we set to earn around Rs 2500/- per day (excl brokerages, as i read in Zerodha thread, they charge around 2 pts per lot as total charges incl brokerage, taxes etc)

I mean just trade one trade for 7 points positively, we can earn 2500x20 which is equal to Rs 50000/- per month :clap:, which is 50% of our investment.

Am i talking sane here?
Are these do-able?
Is anyone doing like this?
Is anyone tried doing like this and failed miserably?

Just 7 pts, think shud be achievable in any market, even in dumb non-moving market may give that 7 pts.

Anyone who has experience in this may share their thots here
Sadistic, sarcastic comments are also Welcome :lol:
But please dont post something like, "you do it in minifty and post the results here after 1 month" types :D
all this sounds really wonderful till the time you are reaping in profits. but the day your losses start accumulating you would start panicking, showing symptoms of depression and desperation. If you can survive this phase of gloom you can be successful. The secret to success in trading or gambling is knowing when to exit or stop which is the most difficult thing to achieve.