Is earning in Day trading so very easy?

Hawk, there's a lot of things I could say here. I will maintain respectful overtones in addressing your comment. I think it is going to be a lot of fun, actually, in getting to know each other. I am very opinionated, but the only time I share an absolute opinion is when I am absolutely right, so hang on to your seatbelt.

Look, my friend. I made some bold statements in order to address your comments. But, when you make statements like this, "If you have plenty money to loose..come n play...WE NEED YOU!!!!!", it is very clear you have no idea what you are talking about.
It is clear you don't know what you are talking about when you come to me and talk to me about taking my trading seriously. I've mentioned, in concern for newbies in this forum, the importance of treating their trading like a professional business, and not as some button pusher on a computer.

BTW, this a forum for newbies to come and learn new ideas. It is also for the seasoned players to come and enhance their skills, and to be of benefit to the newbies. No one gets a benefit from your "plenty money to loose" statement, and it is also an untrue statement.

I hope we are still friends after all this.
Wowww!!! 4x, Hold your horses!! :eek:
You need much more in order to loose a very good trader/friend like you :thumb:
However i think you miss ALL my point here dude!!! :confused:

All my comments were never personal...I thought we were discussing in general for day trading for newbies and all me advices were for YOU (not 4x) but all traders or at least the candidate ones...

Dear friend (i still consider you), i have lost big money until starting making money..so i always suggest the hard way to all...Don't be so strict with me from the beginning...:cheers:

Last edited:
Ending...about my comment "...WE NEED YOU"...it was truly a joke (i thought it was good though :eek: ) referring to all the newbies (i was one and contributed heavily...:down:) who come and think that trading is easy...
With some or plenty money in their pocket...without any know how about the game..and loose hard in the end....!!!!!!!!!!!

So i believe you still consider me as friend too...

Be well and prosper...!!:gunsmilie:

SexyTrader

In my experience, earning in Day Trading is quite easy if you have a set (realistic!) profit percentage that you wish to achieve on a daily basis.

I have a minimum profit target for the day..... Of course on some days it can be less than the intended target but on other days it does go far ahead of my target generating more profits than what I had intended :thumb:

And I follow the SL...strictly!

If you have fixed a pattern for yourself in your head, Day trading is extremely exciting and lucrative!

Day Trading is extremely cool...almost like a game but we have got to play it well :p

And when one enjoys something, profits are bound to follow :D

4xpipcounter

I'm glad to hear that. I didn't know my horses were out of control--lol.
I tend to be very candid and to the point about things. The reason I directed you to my thread was because I thought you meant I didn't take my trading seriously, and yes, I did take that part of personally, but then I'm not the shy type either.
In essence, there is no doubt about it that we see eye-to-eye along those lines. This has to be treated as a business.
I did want the newbies to know they do not have to loose their money so the rest of us can make ours.

Any rate, I'm glad we were able to address the issues, and now we can move ahead...................Friend.

Wowww!!! 4x, Hold your horses!! :eek:
You need much more in order to loose a very good trader/friend like you :thumb:
However i think you miss ALL my point here dude!!! :confused:

All my comments were never personal...I thought we were discussing in general for day trading for newbies and all me advices were for YOU (not 4x) but all traders or at least the candidate ones...

Dear friend (i still consider you), i have lost big money until starting making money..so i always suggest the hard way to all...Don't be so strict with me from the beginning...

shekharinvest

8 yrs back: I wanted 100% per month returns...I would spend all my free time trying to make strategies that would make me those kind of returns...I would try different indicators...I would stack many indicators...I would tweak their settings...thinking that the holy grail lies in some secret settings...I would not look at any charts higher than 5min

6 yrs back: After facing regular losses, I removed some indicators...reduced my monthly targets to 50%...thought up some more strategies...

4yrs back: Got frustrated with the continued losses...thought that trading was not for me...took a sabbatical...came back with a fresh mind and thought of new approaches...was still trying to make a lot of money fast...

3yrs back: Instead of focusing on trading stategies, started understanding money management techniques as well...finally understood the redundancy of indicators...started to look at higher time frames...started feeling that even 20% per month return would be great...

2yrs back: One line that changed everything for me:

"It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong."

Now: I trade using daily charts...no indicators...feel that even 50% per annum returns would be great...my winning trades are usually 2-3 times my losing trades...I can afford to be right only 35% of the times and still be very profitable...and I have all the time in the world to pursue my hobbies...

It took me 8 yrs to realize this...maybe this post can help someone cut his time by a couple of years :)

Pride

Well explained journey, it gives me hope that one days I shall be able to realize the goal, having reached stage 4 by now.

I do save posts like these, it provides motivation to carry on and confirms the belief that I am not alone, people before me too have treaded this lonely furrow and succeeded.

Offcourse, I would like to cut down few years but not the experience /travails which one has to go through this journey. I think it counts.:D

SHEKHAR

"Is earning in Day trading so very easy ?"

Well, yes only if a trader is willing to study the movements of PRICE with full dedication and attention.

"Price - where it was, what it has seen and where likely it will go."

R

respectinvestor

Can you please suggest softwares/demos that I can utilize for "virtual trading" & practise & gain a little experience before jumping in with real money? I've been keeping a watch on the markets (especially PMs) for a while now but haven't started trading yet, I've just been researching brokers & strategies & I've been practising on MetaTrader's demo accounts; can you suggest any other such softwares/demos, especially ones that I can use to learn commodity-trading in INR?

Thanks to you & everyone else for sharing your experiences :clap:
@ FREEBIE:
KEEP ON PRACTISING WITH VIRTUAL MONEY ITS FREE:D

I have opened an account with exactly the same thing in mind. Have done a lot of paper trading. I'll be starting trading in a few days time. I will post whatever happens with my trades.

Download GCI MT4 demo. It has an option where you can get charts for Nifty and some Indian stocks. Test your strategies there and see if they work.

Best of luck!!