Inverter/Battery for Trading Purpose

If you are going to use either a desktop or a laptop but only one connected at a time then even 500 Watts or 625 VA will be sufficient...but if you are going to connect both at a time then 500 watts will be a boarderline ....

Regarding battery, I was told when I bought a UPS that a desktop with CRT monitor consumes 35-40 VAH power per hour...so with 240 VAH battery and 1 desktop, you will get 6 -7 hours backup....but with new monitors and laptop one can get more backup time.

Smart_trade

Regarding battery, I was told when I bought a UPS that a desktop with CRT monitor consumes 35-40 VAH power per hour...so with 240 VAH battery and 1 desktop, you will get 6 -7 hours backup....but with new monitors and laptop one can get more backup time.

Smart_trade
Dada,that means I need to charge the battery almost everyday to get full 6-7hr of backup.
When you bought UPS that time only Square Wave was available.This days Pure Sine Wave UPS are available.

Do you face any problem with your Square Wave(I am just assuming it could be Square Wave)?

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Dada,that means I need to charge the battery almost everyday to get full 6-7hr of backup.
When you bought UPS that time only Square Wave was available.This days Pure Sine Wave UPS are available.

Do you face any problem with your Square Wave(I am just assuming it could be Square Wave)?
Don't even think of square wave inverters for laptop. I don know much of physics but I hear a humming sound if I attach table fan to normal pc ups. Same fan when connected to pure sine wave inverter works silently without any issue.
800va inverter is more than enough. during power cut While my desktop was on, I even ran half hp water motor to fill up the overhead tank !!

I visited few Exide Batterywala's here.They were suggesting me Okaya,Microtek Battery.May be they getting good commission on those products.

Vijay Ji-Is Microtek UPS good?

One more query
This connection is to be fixed with MCB.But I dont want it to be fixed there.I want it in a socket form so that whatever I plug into it those instruments only run.Is it possible or not?I asked few Exide Wala's here but they say that without MCB,it is not possible.How it will charge?
Well,I dont know.This is the main problem with small cities.Struggling to get a proper Dealer.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
I visited few Exide Batterywala's here.They were suggesting me Okaya,Microtek Battery.May be they getting good commission on those products.

Vijay Ji-Is Microtek UPS good?
Go only for exide or amaron batteries. Rest are not good.
This was told to me by my dealer. Ya there is commission on those okaya etc.
Tubular or semi tubular are the best. 36 months or 48 months warranty wala battery will be good.
Keep in mind that u have to pour distilled water every three months.

One more query
This connection is to be fixed with MCB.But I dont want it to be fixed there.I want it in a socket form so that whatever I plug into it those instruments only run.Is it possible or not?I asked few Exide Wala's here but they say that without MCB,it is not possible.How it will charge?
Well,I dont know.This is the main problem with small cities.Struggling to get a proper Dealer.
Did u ever use this type of ups.. ? http://www.ebay.in/itm/272656081574
those type gives backup for 15 min. Do they have to be connected to MCB ?
NO.
Same way 800 va inverters also can be used directly from the socket. I am using it. There z only one socket, so multi pin extension chord and box has to be used.

Microtek ups might be giving only sine wave inverters, I am not sure.
I am using "tribal" from Amaron . they give pure sinewave inverters.
Luminous is also good option.
Pure sine wave inverters are always costlier.
For me the overall setup costed 19.5k.
exide invasmart 180 ah , and also the trolley.

Will visit the forum next week only. Hope by that time u will buy the setup.

The dealer confused me with new terms-Online UPS,Offline UPS o_O
He also recommended NOT to go for Pure Sine Wave+Exide Battery Combo.(Exide Battery is very costly)