Help with ODIN DIET

netman

Hi Sir,

I have a problem regarding the connectivity problem..... Whenever there is a little disturbance in the internet connection the software gets disconnected and whenever i try to login it says already logged in. I have tried deleting the master folders files error logs also but still it says the same and i have to restart the machine an then it logs in.
Can any one help me out in this problem so that i dont have to waste the time in restarting the machine....

Thanks & regards
Vikas Sharma

raipur

try waiting 5 minutes, it should re-allow you to login, infact its the Broker server which looks for connection alive or not, i am sure by the time you restart your computer, the server drops you from active list and you are able to login again.

I had similar problem when i exited the software instead of first loggin off and then close ODIN.

netman

Yeah I do agree with you but u know as we trade in MCX and ncdex and in a min u know how much loss we can have ..... isnt there any other solution (what i think to keep the connection stability we should try ping *.*.*.* -t so that we will be cont. pinging the server and may that can help us in keeping the server alive)
Have you tried the option which is in TOOLS menu--->"broadcast server"
try selecting disconnect and reconnect in it, but as reconnecting the internet may be allocating a new IP, you might get dropped from ODIN server for this attempt.

Yes i understand and have felt the pain of going even to the toilet while a open possition in MCX.

if its BSNL, give some tip to Line-man and ask him to allocate you a new pair for phone line which is free from distortion.

Else use an alternate connection like vodafone/reliance usb modem.

i have membership of two diffrent brokrage house, how can i run both odin diet in one computer?
you cannot run two ODIN on same desktop until you really hack some way of running it.
on winxp upwards try creating another user account then from odin shortcut properties select the option which says "run as different user"
it may end up in broken ODIN so make sure you don't try it while you are actively trading to prevent losses.

anayash

i need help setting up some technical alerts in ODIN...is there any PDF tutorial for that?

Hey!!

Yes, I received an online tutorial on Odin when I opened my account with angel. The executive will ask you for some details, and takes control of odin on your computer. He will talk to you on the phone while giving you a live demo of Odin so you can ask him any doubts and he will demonstrate it to you on Odin. You can call your relationship manager anytime you want if you have some doubt about Odin.:)

i need help setting up some technical alerts in ODIN...is there any PDF tutorial for that?

i m a beginer. one problem i am facing is, in ODIN some tomes the small window showing the current nifty value vanishes. even though i tried many way it is not coming back. seniors may kindly give advice.
thanking you