Help with ODIN DIET

kkseal

ODIN is exe based, not Java based.
No problem BAV Java Apps can be standalone exe-s (apart from being applets embedded in Web pages). Since it's cross-platform & cross-network (heterogeneous) in all likelihood it's got Java at it's core.

I learnt here the generic name for the KEAT kind of stuff is TradeAnyWhere It's from the Asiancerc stable & IS Java based (got hold of the documentation) available in both desktop/applet version.

Anyway, everybody seems happy with ODIN as an execution platform (also in other threads). So there's consensus on at least one thing :)

Regards,
Kalyan.

kkseal

I am using trade any where I have no problems with it.But graphs are open then had some slowness in updating prices.
Do you daytrade? If you can manage with daytrading then it shouldn't be too much of a problem for me.

BTW, is this platform the same with all brokers who provide it (I found a list of brokers at the Asiancerc site)? Which broker are you with?

Regards,
Kalyan.

Last edited:

milkyblack

You should post a general warning under RK Global Issues or a new thread. Everyone should know this.
Yes you are right... I would do that... I did not post anything against RKG because I thought it was a problem with me alone and something might be wrong at my end... But even you confirmed it...

So it would be nice if other members also share their views regarding it (ofcourse who are the users of RKG), I do not think there are many at this time...

Our moderator Mr. Asish Da, is not available now, as he has gone for his treatment to Vellore... otherwise he would have given a feedback regarding the same...

As far as my memory goes... He mentioned sometime back in his thread(Time to stick my neck out) that he also prefers PIB over RKG, because of its speed... though RKG is cheaper ...

Now I guess that should be taken into consideration....

I will definately update here and on the R K Global issues thread regarding any problem or if the problem is rectified ....

Regards

pasha

I've never had any problem with Odin, even during slow connection times. It should be fine even on a dialup if you are not watching too many stocks.
Trade anywhere does become slow after 3-4 hours as it uses a lot of system resources.

kkseal

Indiabulls has been a perpetual temptation because of PIB & low brokerage, but safety is a BIG issue. Maybe not with intraday, but when you have shares in your demat ... they might just vanish. Moreover i need the credit facility on delivery selling which is not available in low brokerage accounts.

Regards,
Kalyan.

Flock

Click on the desired script to trade.In the keyboard,press '+' button for buy,'-' for sell,F3 for viewing order book.
Thanks Hari. Actually we were trying to find out what to enter in the fields once the place order window comes up.

RKG guy was telling me that for market order, use RL as order type and leave the price and trigger price fields blank. The same becomes a limit order if the price is entered. For stop loss select SL as order type and enter the limit and the trigger price.

I did not have a chance to try it. Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

Rgds

H

hari09omkar

Thanks Hari. Actually we were trying to find out what to enter in the fields once the place order window comes up.

RKG guy was telling me that for market order, use RL as order type and leave the price and trigger price fields blank. The same becomes a limit order if the price is entered. For stop loss select SL as order type and enter the limit and the trigger price.

I did not have a chance to try it. Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

Rgds
Yes it's correct arm.

myvineet

Maybe not with intraday, but when you have shares in your demat ... they might just vanish. Moreover i need the credit facility on delivery selling which is not available in low brokerage accounts.

Regards,
Kalyan.
sir ...can u elaborate on this ? i am about to open account with them..

thanx...