FNO Trading

pasupathy

Just curious why the Strike price of 24700 PE and not 25000 PE which was at around Rs 150-160 at that time and was ATM/ITM and would have a better delta.
Hi Sanju,

I don't know what is meant by delta, gamma etc. I just believe in numbers..

I generally choose option strikes which are in the range of 50-70. My stops was very less just 6 points from my first entry of 55.

Cheers

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Hi Sanju,

I don't know what is meant by delta, gamma etc. I just believe in numbers..

I generally choose option strikes which are in the range of 50-70. My stops was very less just 6 points from my first entry of 55.

Cheers
Thank you.No need to know the Greeks if you are clear with your plan.

pasupathy

@pasupathy
Is it possible can you also show your trading account id as well...just to make sure you are not hedging your trades with different accounts with same broker maybe..thus only showing only your profitable trades and not loss on other accounts...
I hope you will be sharing your strategy for free with all of us and not charge it..dont share it now maybe in near future..Thanks!!

Hi Raj,

Thanks for Writing in ...

I am very clear why I started this journal - Not to impress anyone but to gain confidence in my system and stick to DISCIPLINED trading.

I am not here to prove my trading skill. I am sharing my trades online to give confidence to traders that Money can be made with small capital and if you believe in yourself.

Cheers

pasupathy

pasupathy is in the row of 5%.......
Hi Puchu,

NO way I am in that 5%.

I am just religiously following my system - you can call it trading system or strategy whatever ... But behind all these do remember that I have 10+ yrs of experience in the markets.

I have seen everything ... Lost lacs of money like all the beginners do .. But I went back and read a lot ... OBSERVED a lot ...

Guys .... open any online charting tool .........

1. If X stock gained or lost 5% today - see why the stock moved or fall

2. Go back and see if you can find any similar patterns during such moves on any other stock.

3. OBSERVE and SPEND more time in seeing these things and forget about the usual Blah Blah candlestick pattern etc

Cheers

Hi Puchu,

NO way I am in that 5%.

I am just religiously following my system - you can call it trading system or strategy whatever ... But behind all these do remember that I have 10+ yrs of experience in the markets.

I have seen everything ... Lost lacs of money like all the beginners do .. But I went back and read a lot ... OBSERVED a lot ...

Guys .... open any online charting tool .........

1. If X stock gained or lost 5% today - see why the stock moved or fall

2. Go back and see if you can find any similar patterns during such moves on any other stock.

3. OBSERVE and SPEND more time in seeing these things and forget about the usual Blah Blah candlestick pattern etc

Cheers
Also look at Open Interest. That's also a good indicator but it should be viewed in conjunction with other factors too

pasupathy

@jagankris
One has to be skeptical as this industry runs on lies..Only 5% are making money here by fooling other 95%....I would be glad if @pasupathy proves me wrong..
Hi Raj,

What you say is 100% true ... Its not only in this Industry but throughout the world it prevails ...

Just tell me when you go to a TV showroom to buy a LED TV. The salesman will insist on only 1 brand and say good things about the brand.

Do you think he is very much concerned that you need a good LED TV and best value for money ... BS

He is insisting on that brand bcoz he will get good commission if he sells that brand barring the others ..

Everywhere - Every Industry is like that ...

So we need to be clear and do our homework and go on which brand to buy ... which will suit our budget .. which will give value for our money ...

Same way it works in the stockmarket ... Do your homework ... SWITCH OFF THE IDIOT ( TV ) BOX.

Cheers

pasupathy

Also look at Open Interest. That's also a good indicator but it should be viewed in conjunction with other factors too
Hi Afin,

I am a layman ....... I am not concerned about Open Interest ...

All these terms leads to confusion for me.

I know a person who just believe in charts ( long term equity trading ) .. he speaks with his charts and picks stock based on his charts ... He is not concerned about any news or events ..

He always says to me ... I just believe in the charts and he doesn't even know what the company does nor the company fundamentals ( i am not exaggerating).

What do you say to those persons ....... Open Interest, bar patterns, premium, discount etc ?

I am not saying you need not know it ... Hope you understand ... I am stressing the point that - whatever one is comfortable .. let them follow it...

Cheers

Hi Afin,

I am a layman ....... I am not concerned about Open Interest ...

All these terms leads to confusion for me.

I know a person who just believe in charts ( long term equity trading ) .. he speaks with his charts and picks stock based on his charts ... He is not concerned about any news or events ..

He always says to me ... I just believe in the charts and he doesn't even know what the company does nor the company fundamentals ( i am not exaggerating).

What do you say to those persons ....... Open Interest, bar patterns, premium, discount etc ?

I am not saying you need not know it ... Hope you understand ... I am stressing the point that - whatever one is comfortable .. let them follow it...

Cheers
Whatever is comfortable to you. Each of us have our own unique styles.

Raj354u

@pasupathy
I still doubt that you are hedging your positions because making money is not possible with such high accuracy that too with good risk:reward...If you are not hedging then maybe you are lucky for time being and you may lose all profits when drawdown comes..not trying to be negative but it's the reality which I have experienced...Best of luck..cheers