Experiments with OBV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohan.sic

If huge volume resulted in green candle, however small it is, indicates some thing cooking na?
even if price falls later, but obv will not fall as buy vol is greater...
I think the flaw which u mentioned makes it a leading indicator...

Its just a perception that huge volume with green candle is signalling upward move. EOD it may or may not. :) We can see any number of chart example as u want - A green candle with huge volume - But day ending with huge downside.

I don't understand the point of leading indicator. pls give in detail.

Generally, the crossover doesn't happen at the same time in both price EMA and OBV EMA. In such cases, should one wait for both the crossovers or give priority to price crossover ? Maybe in waiting, the move gets nearly exhausted or makes one wait for retracement, which leads to uncertainty.

XRAY27

ok. just assume i tested for 22 trades result is 30% winners, net profit is very less.
So is it worthwhile for me to test another 70 trades.. ? :D

(pdc bias was not involved in the above test)
:D ,then you can re start it with new idea !!!

Last edited:

XRAY27

leading indicator has a effecting making us predict some thing of future and lagging indicator effects in late reaction ,it is important to react to price cracks leaving OBV !!!
Reaction at 2PDH and 2PDL Price cracks and pullback is one of the important setup which i have noticed

Last edited:

rjshem

aja garu !!!

2 trades 1 is BE another minor loss trade as per system rules..total jhand day in action!!! :mad:

Remember these are experiments !!!

Day summary

obv bias negative

short trade after price moving past all Dp's

Entry could have taken bit earlier also below third bar low price opened above previous day high comes below it and pivots in very early part of day itself its also below 2 days high below moving avg which is sloping down also obv is down.this is a very high probable short setup.

XRAY27

rjshem

ok. just assume i tested for 22 trades result is 30% winners, net profit is very less.
So is it worthwhile for me to test another 70 trades.. ? :D

(pdc bias was not involved in the above test)
U have to do it full atleast 90 to 100 trades as xray suggested otherwise glass in only quarter full.india got allout for 189 on first day track most assumed australia will win it easy and already has one hand on trophy what happened when match completed one cannot become no.1 test team just like that so always watch the full picture for results.u developed a good scanner for picking stocks for next day but How long u used it and how much backtest u did on it. U decided ull exit all trades at 2x how much backtest u did on it and how many trades u followed it.u need to get more consistent and follow something for long to get ur desired results .

aja

Price hi-lo afl takes some time to change the color.Same with OBV hi-lo.
Delayed kaam hai.

Agar trade perfect gaya to=See,OBV works
Agar trade fail hua to=See,you dont have a patience,your entry is wrong.

yeh joke tha,seriously na lo ji :rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.