Buy Lead & Zinc

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_s_ramesh

V S Soma garu, Namaskaramandi,

Isn't it too much praise for a small casual work, to be frank I have not gone through your thread. Just came to know of it, but from other posts you have showered all through the forum I realize that you are well worth a mark above genius levels.

Lets all join together and make this world a wonderful living heaven. Let's put our selfless efforts and Lead this planet without title. I am a staunch fan of Robin Sharma, I think you would have got my view more clear now.

Once again chaala thanksandi, soma garu.

d_s_ramesh

GG first entry into short trade got filled on the signal day, but Gold is managing with a bearish consolidation and has not given back much to give entry opportunities for add on short.

Bearishness in Gold continues. "DAILY VIEW"

d_s_ramesh

While Lead & Zinc keep moving higher and higher into a successful long trade. GG is holding with first entry. A close above 14855, will reverse to long trade.

Tradejack

Halo ramesh,gud morning !.I want to ask u a question.that every one say that it is risky to trade in metals but i m doing paper trading since 10
days I observe that there is Only 1% to 3% changes in metals.Am I right with my point?why it is risky for day trading? if one is trading with stoploss & with single lot (i think)? What would u say about which is better long term or short term trading with stoploss.

d_s_ramesh

Metals market normally reacts faster when there is some adverse news or economic news. Otherwise it goes very cool. No big moves will be there for few days, all of a sudden a big spike will come. If our system is not robust it can affect us either way. Slaw moves will prompt you take pre-mature profits or also make you depressed of tightness and close the position without reason.

When global crisis hits, prices move past stop losses and where ever positions are not protected with stops, the account will almost be wiped out is a single session. People all around have experienced these kind of moves often. That is why you see caution as a common advice by almost every one here.

Even my writings will have more stress on money management that entry and exit.

Tradejack

One last thing to ask which u didn't answer me-which is better, long term trading or short term(probably day trading) with stoploss & with single lot.? it is gud to take away small fish (profit) daily rather to wait for big fish(profit).?

Tradejack

What global or economic factors have u experienced in past, results crash in metals or unexpected gain in ur trading life.any one example with data plz

d_s_ramesh

I prefer trend following approach n both long term and short term trading. I would personally not advice anyone to go for Intraday trading, it may look promising from the outside, but it is too demanding and not worth the effort. There are many big time losers in this arena.

Lehman brothers collapse was a real boon for those who were in short, while the same event I know personally has wiped out many big accounts. That time I was trading in the US markets, I still can feel the pulse of the impact it had on the markets, when the news struck.

Many a times federal reserve announcements go against the market expectations, those times we will have knee jerk reactions. And many times I have experienced these issues having more impact in our market as these announcements will came fairly after our market closes.

In 2005 I remember bullions and energy getting hammered one evening, we witnessed more than 4% fall in prices and that was after the market made a good gains than day. It was rampant fall, it was on a friday. I was running multiple lots of silver position, my system triggered exits once there was jitters, while I made huge profits on the long trade which I was having. Next three sessions whipped us out. It was a see saw ride.

Refco collapse was another event, like this there are many. I am have personally been in all these events with live trades. When refco happened I was trading forex, even then many big accounts vanished by the time New york markets opened for trade and could guage the damage.

d_s_ramesh

Both Lead and Zinc have a Intra day long opportunity. A re-test to previous highs or beyond is a probability.

Status
Not open for further replies.