Angel broking: Cheap brokerage and excellent service.

Just because something is a "common practice", does NOT mean it's good & excusable. Sati, child-marriage, etc were "common practices" once but that doesn't mean they were good or that they could be excused.

The fact is that "minimum contract note" is NOT a very customer-friendly practice, it shows that the broking-house only cares about its brokerage & not about its customers' equity, which is not a very pleasant thing to know as a customer & sooner or later, broking-houses engaging in such unfriendly practices will suffer the wrath of the traders to various degrees.

(It is blatently obvious from many of your posts here that you're an employee of Angel's or at least have some sort of vested interest in Angel, & the fact that Angel has to engage in misrepresentation to gain clients is very pitiful. I was seriously considering Angel but your goodie-goodie posts & pretence has caused me to reconsider :()
Hi Newbie, I think you have a misconception, Im a client with Angel and also with other 2 brokers. My view was based on the personal experience and I had no intention to influence your decision. All the three brokers have min brokerage criteria thats the reason I told that its common amongst major brokers.

Hi Newbie, I think you have a misconception, Im a client with Angel and also with other 2 brokers. My view was based on the personal experience and I had no intention to influence your decision. All the three brokers have min brokerage criteria thats the reason I told that its common amongst major brokers.
Oh, come on pal, give it up, everytime someone posts a post even slightly criticizing Angel & you're almost invariably there to tell us how great they are & everything; as I've said, it should be blatently obvious to anyone who has read some of your posts that you're more than just a "satisfied customer of Angel", you obviously have some vested interest in Angel. There's nothing wrong with Angel's personnel posting here as such, even Zerodha's rep posts here regularly, but at least they're not misrepresenting themselves as a "satisfied customer" & are being honest about it, not so with Angel :(

As for minimum contract note, as I've said, just because other brokers are doing it, does NOT justify it, it IS a very unfriendly practice & I'm sure most traders here or anywhere will agree on that much.

Oh, come on pal, give it up, everytime someone posts a post even slightly criticizing Angel & you're almost invariably there to tell us how great they are & everything; as I've said, it should be blatently obvious to anyone who has read some of your posts that you're more than just a "satisfied customer of Angel", you obviously have some vested interest in Angel. There's nothing wrong with Angel's personnel posting here as such, even Zerodha's rep posts here regularly, but at least they're not misrepresenting themselves as a "satisfied customer" & are being honest about it, not so with Angel :(

As for minimum contract note, as I've said, just because other brokers are doing it, does NOT justify it, it IS a very unfriendly practice & I'm sure most traders here or anywhere will agree on that much.
Hi, if you need any help please do let me know. As a client I can give you my view. Have a nice day!

VijayDT

Dear Newbie,
I have been dealing with Angel since long and had even accounts with many other national brokers. I have studied lots of brokering structure and have read lots in their annual accounts and their outlook for pricing. There yield they disclose is far higher than the deal I have got with Angel. Reading fine print disclosed by bigger listed players it is evident that among all big brokers Angels charges are reasonably. And if I compare them with a smaller lot, then too prices are comparable. However, smaller brokers lack in scale and capital depth. In turbulence times, I have not seen Angel terminal going down, and smaller brokerages will run for cover. They will have no limit to trade will there is an opportunity in the market. In a nutshell, I feel Angel remain an excellent value for moneybrokerage firms in India.
Regards,
VDT

Dear Newbie,
I have been dealing with Angel since long and had even accounts with many other national brokers. I have studied lots of brokering structure and have read lots in their annual accounts and their outlook for pricing. There yield they disclose is far higher than the deal I have got with Angel. Reading fine print disclosed by bigger listed players it is evident that among all big brokers Angels charges are reasonably. And if I compare them with a smaller lot, then too prices are comparable. However, smaller brokers lack in scale and capital depth. In turbulence times, I have not seen Angel terminal going down, and smaller brokerages will run for cover. They will have no limit to trade will there is an opportunity in the market. In a nutshell, I feel Angel remain an excellent value for moneybrokerage firms in India.
Regards,
VDT
I AGREE that Angel probably is the best among the BIGGER broking-houses & that's precisely why I was considering it but again, the point remains that minimum-contract-note is NOT a very customer-friendly practice but as I've said, YES, that Angel probably are the best among the BIGGER players.

Thanks for your reply, especially because you're also fom Mumbai & with a lot of these national brokers, service tends to "area-based" i.e. some areas have really good service while some others not very good & I've seen several members from Mumbai who've been very satisfied with Angel :) By the way, if you don't mind me asking this, which branch in Mumbai are you trading with?

I AGREE that Angel probably is the best among the BIGGER broking-houses & that's precisely why I was considering it but again, the point remains that minimum-contract-note is NOT a very customer-friendly practice but as I've said, YES, that Angel probably are the best among the BIGGER players.

Thanks for your reply, especially because you're also fom Mumbai & with a lot of these national brokers, service tends to "area-based" i.e. some areas have really good service while some others not very good & I've seen several members from Mumbai who've been very satisfied with Angel :) By the way, if you don't mind me asking this, which branch in Mumbai are you trading with?
Hi Newbie, if you tarde in volumes I dont think min brokerage will be charged to you. Or else you can take up their prepaid brokerage plan. This will help you to do away with min brokerage. I think you should start up Angels service.

Hi Newbie, if you tarde in volumes I dont think min brokerage will be charged to you. Or else you can take up their prepaid brokerage plan. This will help you to do away with min brokerage. I think you should start up Angels service.
You keep missing the point, pal........it's IRRELEVANT to the point I'm making whether I trade 1K or 1Cr on any given trading-day.......the POINT is that any broker employing such tactics doesn't really care much about its customers, by employing such tactics which are NOT customer-friendly.........I'm looking to trade commodities & currencies so even if min-brokerage doesn't affect me much, it STILL is a bad practice & it tells a lot about the "values" the broker follows......so if I'm not hurt in one area (say min-brokerage) then I might be hurt in other areas, in some other aspect of the service because such practices point to the fact that the broker in question only believes in sucking money out of its customers, by hook or by crook :(

Again, I'll say that Angel probably is the best among the bigger players but that situation is more or less like "andhon ki nagri mein kaanaa raja" :lol:

Hi Newbie, I deal through their Lokhanwala branch. I remember during boom days many small investors, who did not have any knowledge of markets and traded with very small volumes and use to unneccesarily block the resources like telephones, dealers at the cost of good service to us, and we sincerce investors did not use to get proper attention that is needed during trading hours. I swift ed my volumes to ebroking but use to find difficult in getting their help lines during peak market hours (if I needed any help). Hence, I suggested to the manager over there that why do not you do something for people who are not serious about investment and just come to the markets without any cue how to invest/trade in the markets. This creates an unnecessary burden on infrastructure and in turn people like us were suffering. I was glad to see they come out with minimum brokerage, which did not hit me as my volumes were reasonable, and I get proper attention now. I get service worth the brokerage I pay. I think it is a right policy....otherwise we are subsiding to the people who are paying less and getting service like given to us. Now it is fair for the medium-size investors like us. I was glad to hear this decision...and I feel it was a step in a right direction. There are no free meals in this world...hence when a broker is not charging sufficiently to one, believe me, he is burdening someone else. Why do I suffer when I am paying a good brokerage, my life has become much easier and service that I get is a far more prompt and above industry standard. I have read many viewson this subject, but working in both the enviornment I think having minimum brokergae keeps unneccessary people away and we(geniune people) get an excellent service.

Hi Newbie, I deal through their Lokhanwala branch. I remember during boom days many small investors, who did not have any knowledge of markets and traded with very small volumes and use to unneccesarily block the resources like telephones, dealers at the cost of good service to us, and we sincerce investors did not use to get proper attention that is needed during trading hours. I swift ed my volumes to ebroking but use to find difficult in getting their help lines during peak market hours (if I needed any help). Hence, I suggested to the manager over there that why do not you do something for people who are not serious about investment and just come to the markets without any cue how to invest/trade in the markets. This creates an unnecessary burden on infrastructure and in turn people like us were suffering. I was glad to see they come out with minimum brokerage, which did not hit me as my volumes were reasonable, and I get proper attention now. I get service worth the brokerage I pay. I think it is a right policy....otherwise we are subsiding to the people who are paying less and getting service like given to us. Now it is fair for the medium-size investors like us. I was glad to hear this decision...and I feel it was a step in a right direction. There are no free meals in this world...hence when a broker is not charging sufficiently to one, believe me, he is burdening someone else. Why do I suffer when I am paying a good brokerage, my life has become much easier and service that I get is a far more prompt and above industry standard. I have read many viewson this subject, but working in both the enviornment I think having minimum brokergae keeps unneccessary people away and we(geniune people) get an excellent service.
Well, first explanation I've heard for minimum-contract-note, which has exhibited any amount of reasonableness :thumb: but I suppose the same is already being accomplished to a degree, by having higher brokerage-rates for low-volume-traders anyway......... but still, what you've said is definitely something worth pondering over. Thanks :)

Wowww.............. Now I am necessary only if i Gamble my money in Derivatives.....

Y is retail investor always neglected If I want buy 100 shares of shre renuka @ 50 delivery why the hell shall i pay brokerage for 300 shares